News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Introvert / Extrovert / Mix or other?

Started by (R.I.P.) YooperYankDude, April 30, 2010, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you classify yourself...?

I am definitely an Extrovert... no question about it...
I am definitely an Introvert...
I am somewhere between extrovert and introvert... but not sure exactly...
Ummm.... what is an extrovert and introvert...?
Hmmm... whatever kind likes to stargaze... !
Don't know... don't care...
I don't believe in either... I think they were made up as excuses for people to act certain ways...
SQUIRREL!!!
Does this even matter... ?
I took the test... I am a mixture...
I took the test, but I don't agree with the results...

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

So I was talking to a friend, and they told me they were reading this article...
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2003/03/caring-for-your-introvert/2696/

And it got me to thinking, am I an introvert?

Then I found this test... and i am usually very skeptical on online personality tests, but I recognized the name from when I was entering college for the first time.. so I took it... very interesting results... very accurate results...

Check it out... and then lets us know...

Identify your personality type...

This test is based on Carl Jung and Isabel Myers-Briggs typological approach to personality. When answering questions, please choose one of two possible answers you agree the most. If you are not sure how to answer then the decision should be based on your most typical reaction or feeling in the given situation. Respond to all questions to get a reliable result.

Press "Score It" button after you are done answering the questions. Upon completion, you will obtain online:

Your type formula according to Carl Jung and Isabel Myers-Briggs typology along with the strengths of the preferences
The description of your personality type
The list of occupations and educational institutions where you can get relevant degree or training, most suitable for your personality type - Jung Career Indicatorâ„¢
You can also use the type formula and strength of the preferences to assess online compatibility with your mate in the Jung Marriage Test and Demo of the Marriage Test

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Yoops Type is  INFJ

Strength of the preferences %
Introverted   - 67
Intuitive   - 38
Feeling   - 25
Judging      - 44

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
distinctively expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed judging personality

Feed The Bachelors 2010

taco_harvell

Not sure I agree but this is what it said.

You are:
moderately expressed extravert
slightly expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed judging personality
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

So what type did they set you as?  An ENFJ?

Did you read any of the links that had to go along with the personality types?

Feed The Bachelors 2010

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Of all the Idealists, the Teacher (ENFJ) is the most likely to seek leadership positions in the private or public sector. The Teacher is drawn to careers in education or social services, such as college professor, high school teacher, social worker, or non-profit director. In business they are often trainers, sales managers, recruiters, or executives. Since they are good at building relationships, they may be fund raisers or recruiters. They also are found in jobs such as a health advisor, clergy, facilitator, or counselor. Says Rene, "It's very important to me to really connect with my students. I need to feel that I am making a difference in their lives."

The Counselor (INFJ) is a more private person than the Teacher. They, too, can be found in the field of education as a professor , teacher, counselor, or educational consultant. Sometimes they feel a strong calling toward the religious life as clergy, nun, or director of religious education. Social service jobs, such as social worker, social scientist, or mediator can fit their needs. Some Counselors work in human services, marketing, or as a job analyst. Others are drawn to the arts as a novelist, designer, or artist. Says Benito, "My art is very personal. It expresses who I am at the same time reaching out to draw the viewer in. My art changes the viewer's perspective of reality."

Here is a link that discusses the different types...

http://typelogic.com/enfj.html

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Tricia Lea

Your Type is
INFP

Introverted 67
Intuitive 12
Feeling 25
Perceiving 33

You are:
distinctively expressed introvert

slightly expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed perceiving personality

Niki

Your Type is:
ISFJ

Introverted 89%   
Sensing 12%
Feeling 25%
Judging 67%

You are:

* very expressed introvert
    * slightly expressed sensing personality
    * moderately expressed feeling personality
    * distinctively expressed judging personality

"Mother Teresa, George H.W. Bush, Jimmy Stewart, and Tsar Nicholas II are examples of Protector Guardian style."

Famous ISFJs:

St. Teresa of Avila (Teresa de Jesus)
Louisa May Alcott
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Queen Elizabeth II of England
Robert E. Lee
Queen Mary I ("Bloody Mary") of England

U.S. Presidents:
    William Howard Taft

Johnny Carson, comedian
Robin Roberts (Good Morning America)
Kristi Yamaguchi, US Olympic figure skater
Ed Bradley, journalist

Fictional:
Bianca in Taming of the Shrew
David Copperfield
Hero in Much Ado About Nothing
Melanie in Gone With The Wind
Ophelia in Hamlet
Dr. John H. Watson, M.D. (Sherlock Holmes' faithful sidekick)
When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

RainbowJingles

:addnothing:

Gonna have to come back to take this one.

TheGirl

I'm almost sure I don't agree with it but . .

My type : ESTJ

You are:
slightly expressed extravert

slightly expressed sensing personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: TheGirl on April 30, 2010, 02:06:14 PM
I'm almost sure I don't agree with it but . .

My type : ESTJ

You are:
slightly expressed extravert

Extraverted Thinking

ESTJs are very good at making impersonal decisions quickly, and standing by those decisions. They live in their Extraverted Thinking functioning, thus, their prime directive is in discovering that which is true and logical in the events of the real world. Circumstances calling for product invite the ESTJ to supervise or direct other individuals toward production and productivity. Extraverts are attracted to the "object," the external things and people in observable reality. This bent translates into a natural interest in goods and material objects. >

Introverted Sensing

The secondary Introverted Sensing is like that of the ISTJ, but not as strong. Si provides practical form and concept data to the Te head, however, form is not the overriding principle, especially if Thinking has already decided. In times of need, ESTJs are tempted to overlook even necessary information if its absence impedes closure. Secondary sensing sometimes translates into interest in sports. The persistence of primary Thinking gives many ESTJs a desire for discipline and regimen which can be beneficial in skills development in the arena. >

Extraverted iNtuition

As the ESTJ matures, and as situations arise which call for suspension of criticism, Extraverted iNtuition is allowed to play. Under the leadership of the Te function, iNtuition gravitates toward the discovery of broad categories which at worst amount to stereotypes. Those ESTJs who hone their Ne abilities may find success in academia. (I've encountered ESTJs whose Ne overshadows the auxiliary Si function--for whatever reason--to the extent that there is an appearance of NT radical geekism.)

Introverted Feeling

This function may rarely be expressed. ESTJs who have cultivated, or have been blessed with, a "natural indirect expression of good will by inference," have great prospects of developing genuine friendships (as opposed to ESTJs who merely act out the behavior of Extraverted Feeling). Such a weak, introverted function is best observed in facial expression, eye contact, body language, and verbally only by implication.

Famous ESTJs:
Simon Peter (Christ's disciple)
John Heywood (c.1497-c.1580, collector of English colloquialisms)

U.S. Presidents:
James Monroe
Andrew Jackson
William Henry "Tippecanoe" Harrison
Franklin Pierce
Grover Cleveland
Harry S. Truman
Lyndon B. Johnson
George W. Bush
Carrie Nation
Elliot Ness
John D. Rockefeller
Bette Davis
Robert A. Taft (U.S. senator, son of Pres. Wm. H. Taft)
Sam Walton, owner and founder of WalMart stores
Barbara Stanwyck
Rev. Billy Graham
Dale Bumpers (U.S. Senator, D-Arkansas)
Phil Fulmer, head football coach of the U. Tenn Vols
Pat Head Summit, head basketball coach of the Lady Vols
Bill Frist, M.D. (U.S. Senate Majority Leader)

Fictional:
Lucy (Charles Schultz's Peanuts character) - Remind me never to play football or baseball with you...
Mrs. Harbottle (Herriott, All Creatures Great and Small)
Mrs. Rachel Lynde (Anne of Green Gables)  - That explains your discomfort at all the attention redheads get... LOL, jk   :cool:
The Mayor (The Music Man)

Feed The Bachelors 2010

TheGirl

LOL!! I don't care if every guy in the world wants a redhead  :teeth:

Extraverts are attracted to the "object," the external things and people in observable reality. This bent translates into a natural interest in goods and material objects. >

^this makes "my type" sound bad. . .I've failed this test lol

maybe this explains why i've always thought my and Sam Walton would have been great friends..jk

Melody

INTJ

moderately expressed introvert  33%

moderately expressed intuitive personality 50%

slightly expressed thinking personality  12%

moderately expressed judging personality  33%

iridiscente

INFJ
Introverted   Intuitive   Feeling   Judging
11   25   12   89

* slightly expressed introvert
    * moderately expressed intuitive personality
    * slightly expressed feeling personality
    * very expressed judging personality

Newsman

It says I'm an "Inspector' apparently in the 'Guardian' division

Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
56 12 12 56

You are:
moderately expressed introvert

Heather

i had to do this for sociology last semester. can't remember what exactly i was, but it began with extrovert...lol.  but i think that comes with theatre kids...
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: Newsman on May 01, 2010, 03:15:17 PM
It says I'm an "Inspector' apparently in the 'Guardian' division

Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
56 12 12 56

You are:
moderately expressed introvert

ROFL... interesting... and inspector... who would of though...   :grin:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Amelia Bedelia

ENFJ

Extraverted   44
Intuitive   62
Feeling   38
Judging      44

You are:

* moderately expressed extravert
    * distinctively expressed intuitive personality
    * moderately expressed feeling personality
    * moderately expressed judging personality

Scott

Out side of church and religious situations I am basically anti social.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

yosemite

Quote from: Scott on May 02, 2010, 02:07:00 AM
Out side of church and religious situations I am basically anti social.

with the lovable avatar you use and the security bar scan i would never have thought that you would be anti social. LOL
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

So can someone change their personality type...?

Feed The Bachelors 2010

TheGirl

Maybe we can't but God can. . I think people may see things about themselves they might not like and try to adjust them

Melody

personality type, I don't think so, the negative things that God didn't put in us, yes.   

And though we are who we are, Paul said he was all things to all people.  I think we can adapt if not appreciate the other personalities and enjoy what they have.  I am not a sanguine, but my daughter is.  On my own I don't care for such lightheartedness all the time, but with her I can thoroughly enjoy it and appreciate that she brings that to the world.  The same with choleric/get stuff done no socialization people, I'm social but can enjoy getting things accomplished effeciently too.  Make sense?

Tsalagi

Your Type is: INTJ

Introverted 44%

Intuitive 75%

Thinking 12%

Judging 33%

You are:

* moderately expressed introvert
    * distinctively expressed intuitive personality
    * slightly expressed thinking personality
    * moderately expressed judging personality

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

SippinTea

Your Type is
INFP
Introverted 56
Intuitive 50
Feeling 62
Perceiving 22

You are:

* moderately expressed introvert
    * moderately expressed intuitive personality
    * distinctively expressed feeling personality
    * slightly expressed perceiving personality

Healers present a calm and serene face to the world, and can seem shy, even distant around others. But inside they're anything but serene, having a capacity for personal caring rarely found in the other types. Healers care deeply about the inner life of a few special persons, or about a favorite cause in the world at large. And their great passion is to heal the conflicts that trouble individuals, or that divide groups, and thus to bring wholeness, or health, to themselves, their loved ones, and their community.

Healers have a profound sense of idealism that comes from a strong personal sense of right and wrong. They conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place, full of wondrous possibilities and potential goods. In fact, to understand Healers, we must understand that their deep commitment to the positive and the good is almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. Set off from the rest of humanity by their privacy and scarcity (around one percent of the population), Healers can feel even more isolated in the purity of their idealism.

Also, Healers might well feel a sense of separation because of their often misunderstood childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood-they are the prince or princess of fairy tales-an attitude which, sadly, is frowned upon, or even punished, by many parents. With parents who want them to get their head out of the clouds, Healers begin to believe they are bad to be so fanciful, so dreamy, and can come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. In truth, they are quite OK just as they are, only different from most others-swans reared in a family of ducks.

At work, Healers are adaptable, welcome new ideas and new information, are patient with complicated situations, but impatient with routine details. Healers are keenly aware of people and their feelings, and relate well with most others. Because of their deep-seated reserve, however, they can work quite happily alone. When making decisions, Healers follow their heart not their head, which means they can make errors of fact, but seldom of feeling. They have a natural interest in scholarly activities and demonstrate, like the other Idealists, a remarkable facility with language. They have a gift for interpreting stories, as well as for creating them, and thus often write in lyric, poetic fashion. Frequently they hear a call to go forth into the world and help others, a call they seem ready to answer, even if they must sacrifice their own comfort.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

mini

Wow....

Your Type is

INTJ

Introverted   Intuitive   Thinking   Judging
89           25            12           33

You are:
very expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality

http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=5&c=mastermind

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Frideriche Nietzsche, Niels Bohr, Peter the Great, Stephen Hawking, John Maynard Keynes, Lise Meitner, Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton are examples of Rational Masterminds.

Some more:  http://typelogic.com/intj.html

I ARE SPECIAL!  (Like Meller and Soggy) :ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: MellowYellow on May 04, 2010, 07:47:17 PM
personality type, I don't think so, the negative things that God didn't put in us, yes.   

And though we are who we are, Paul said he was all things to all people.  I think we can adapt if not appreciate the other personalities and enjoy what they have.  I am not a sanguine, but my daughter is.  On my own I don't care for such lightheartedness all the time, but with her I can thoroughly enjoy it and appreciate that she brings that to the world.  The same with choleric/get stuff done no socialization people, I'm social but can enjoy getting things accomplished effeciently too.  Make sense?

Yes, it does :)

I guess I am just interested in the different ways people interact and why. I personally think a personality type has a lot to do with it.

I was very shy as a child, and very much a loner, I kept to myself, and enjoy doing things I like that do not require an entire group of people. Such as reading, nature and landscape photography, hiking, zoo's, road trips...

As I got older (say around 14), I realized that I didn't have good communication skills for people due to the fact that I was such a loner, and a bit of an introvert. So I started making attempts for meeting people, and got quite good at it... and 10th grade in high school, I had a lot of friends who thought I was a good listener, so I always had people talking to me about stuff, but I still didn't confide very much in them.

I am still like that quite a bit, I enjoy my alone time, time to think and ponder, away from everyone... but at the same time, there is the "need" to be listening to someone... not sure if that makes sense. I enjoy being able to help people by just being someone they can talk to... even if they never go on a road trip with me, or to the zoo, or up the mountain...

I do enjoy company... and those who have met me can attest, that at times I am quite the talker, but I also still have trouble confiding my thoughts in others...

But what I want to learn, and what interests me with the personality types, is how I can learn to interact with the different ones. Once you identify what type someone is, you can more fully understand why they do certain things.

Make sense to anyone...?

Feed The Bachelors 2010