News:

Remember to check out the Devotions & Poems forum!

Main Menu

Gun control?

Started by SippinTea, October 30, 2009, 09:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

The Purple Fuzzy

Gun control = hitting what you're aiming at.  ;)

SippinTea

Scott

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 30, 2009, 09:45:20 PM
Gun control = hitting what you're aiming at.  ;)

Gun control is 3 taps to the head, 3 to the throat and 3 to the heart, all in tight triangles!
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Sis

I'd hate to be the guy who tried to date Scott's daughter............. if he had one.  :laughhard:

Scott

Quote from: Sis on October 30, 2009, 11:26:31 PM
I'd hate to be the guy who tried to date Scott's daughter............. if he had one.  :laughhard:
I think there is a reason I don't have daughters.... I want to kill the creeps that come around my neices

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Newsman

Hmmm...anyone else notice that?

John  :waving:

Quote from: Scott on October 31, 2009, 03:25:26 AM
I think there is a reason I don't have daughters, yet.... I want to kill the creeps that come around my neices

Scott

Quote from: Newsman on October 31, 2009, 10:09:16 PM
Hmmm...anyone else notice that?

John  :waving:

Quote from: Scott on October 31, 2009, 03:25:26 AM
I think there is a reason I don't have daughters, yet.... I want to kill the creeps that come around my neices

Proof of the liberal media conspiracy!!!!!

The Never Ending Battle

Sis

SippinTea

Oooo... LOVE that third one, Sis!! :great:

:beret:

Sis

Doesn't it look like some thing Chris would do?

SippinTea

Yes, matter of fact, it does. :lol:

:beret:

Melody

I don't care for the idea of having handguns or guns for "safety" persay in the house but I do wish my family and I would learn to shoot in the case of ever being able to hunt.  I've never been.

Sis

I don't have a gun, don't want one but I don't think everyone elses freedom should be quenched because I don't want one. 

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

If for some reason we didn't have guns, which I do... and I love them... but if we didnt. How would protect our families from intruders... or bears? Throw acorns at them??? :-?

Yes I live up north and we have bears... lol... and giant fish, but no sharks!

Feed The Bachelors 2010

1legRooster

Yes, the right to have an bear arms saves us from needing to booby trap our houses in the case of unwanted intruders.

:thumbsup2:
The early bird get's the worm, but who wants to eat a worm.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

But if you ever do want to booby trap your house... I am the guy who knows how...  :waving:

Lol... I am prior USAF, I live in Wisconsin where everyone owns a gun, and next to the UP of Michigan which has one of the largest, heavily armed militia's in the states... lol... nothing illegal though!!! :fork:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

1legRooster

Hmmmm... air force, not sure how many booby traps help against air strikes.....  LOL

My brother was in the USMC, probably knows a few good ones too.  LOL
The early bird get's the worm, but who wants to eat a worm.

Sis

Don't have a gun, don't want one, but I'd put my life on the line to keep the right to have them. Just because we choose not to own them doesn't mean I think they all should be taken away.

DC has finally lifted the ban on owning guns for those who live in the city.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

That is what the militia's are formed for, to make sure the gov't doesn't overstep boundaries assigned to it in the Constitution..

Unfortunately, militias have gotten a bad "rap" cause of a few whacko's... so now if you mention the word Militia or limited controlled government, people look at you like your a crazy.

The US was formed to get out from underneath a tyrannical gov't, and guns were a BIG part of that.

Throwing acorns at them would simply make them upset... lol

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Sis

One of the first things Hitler did was disarm the public.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: Sis on February 14, 2010, 09:54:36 PM
One of the first things Hitler did was disarm the public.

I know this is not a political sounding board... so I won't take that any further... but Hitler also had the "Hitler Youth"... and wanted to get the kids involved in changing things around the country of Germany...

Sound remotely familiar to anything that has happened in the 'oh past 10 yrs here in America (broad enough so that I can't be said I am talking of anyone specific...)???

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Amelia Bedelia

how about that mandatory community service idea...  :o

Generation gaps should be quashed not encouraged.  Ages and generations are meant to be meshed... people naturally occur in families, not in a government school setting with mob rule by 10 year olds who are oh-so-different and beneath the mighty 13 year old mob.  Bring back the one room schoolhouse and homeschooling set ups... mingle the old and young, one of the best ways to learn is to teach.  Instill respect for what has already been learned instead of encouraging each generation to reinvent the world... there is plenty of room for change but it should be with a knowledge and respect for history..... okay enough of my soapbox

Sometimes I get a hankering to have a gun but I think it would be more of a liability than an asset to me... too many crowded places and people... if I'm close enough to get a clear shot then I'm close enough for them to grab the gun.  Also, I can just see rummaging for my phone in my purse and some old lady seeing the gun in my bag on the train   :o  actually I doubt there is any permit other than a cop's that would allow me to bring one on transit property anyway

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on February 15, 2010, 03:41:34 AM
Bring back the one room schoolhouse and homeschooling set ups... mingle the old and young, one of the best ways to learn is to teach.  Instill respect for what has already been learned instead of encouraging each generation to reinvent the world... there is plenty of room for change but it should be with a knowledge and respect for history..... okay enough of my soapbox

Great idea... and homeschoolers are known to do better in school, and graduate earlier than kids in Public School... but you have to have the support of both parents in that situation.

One parent needs to be at home with the kids schooling them, and one needs to be working... but that isn't so popular nowadays... (definitely the way to go though!)

Sometimes I get a hankering to have a gun but I think it would be more of a liability than an asset to me... too many crowded places and people... if I'm close enough to get a clear shot then I'm close enough for them to grab the gun.  Also, I can just see rummaging for my phone in my purse and some old lady seeing the gun in my bag on the train   :o  actually I doubt there is any permit other than a cop's that would allow me to bring one on transit property anyway

You in the NYC Metro area?

I used to go up there on Mission trips with a Non-denominational Youth Group before I got into a Oneness Church... we went into the Bronx in the winters and summers.

Handed out coats (over 3,000) and toys in the winters (over 30,000), and during the summer had a street closed down, and did a carnival... and then we'd go on the Subway and sing Praise songs while on the train, and go to Times Square, and other places and sing... it was fun stuff...

I remember it was originally got me interested in missions... it was a homeless man, I had never met one, I was 15 at the time. I didn't get into a Oneness Church for another 4 yrs, but God knows how to grab a hold of someone's heart... but that is another story for another time maybe... lol

Feed The Bachelors 2010

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Control the schools today, the guns tomorrow... what's next... Mind Control

"Mind control? They meant MIND control... Ohh... I thought they said Mime control... and just wanted to limit the number of street performers..." - Connie Kendal... Novacom Series : Adventures in Odyssey...

Feed The Bachelors 2010