News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

Had another coworker tell me today she won't be coming back to my church because of what the church teaches. Sad because she was attending it before I even got back in church and had picked the church because that's where she felt God.

Roscoe

Quote from: Backseat Radio on February 27, 2023, 10:55:59 PMHad another coworker tell me today she won't be coming back to my church because of what the church teaches. Sad because she was attending it before I even got back in church and had picked the church because that's where she felt God.
It's sad, if the church is biblically correct in their teaching. I've had several over the years that just plain didn't like what was taught even though it was biblical. Nothing you can do but pray for them..

So, after my last post, I hauled off a ton of cardboard. Then Chey and I fired up the Miata, went and pulled a part from the church bus that I have to replace, and cruised around Petit Jean with the top down, drinking Boba Tea (her) and diet soda (me). I always enjoy those little moments with my baby girl.
Now she has just sauteed some shrimp in butter with all kinds of seasonings including smoked paprika, to make shrimp and broccoli alfredo. I don't like shrimp...broccoli...or alfredo, but man the shrimp be smellin' and tastin' RIGHT.
And she has finally put my long desired buttermilk pie together and in the oven...
Today is a day that makes me see I really could get behind retirement it's 73 degrees and beautiful.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Was the oneness of God that got her. She's still convinced the Trinity is biblical and somehow hadn't realized yet that we don't believe in the Trinity doctrine.

mini

Quote from: Lynx on February 26, 2023, 11:27:55 AM
Quote from: Backseat Radio on February 25, 2023, 08:18:27 PMAnother busy day at Walmart. Folks are getting tax money back and buying plenty of unnecessary stuff. Seen more tvs and speakers the last couple weeks than I care to.
Yeah we're seeing a lot more double quarter pounders too.

The town where I w*rk is big enough to have a movie theater, bowling alley, etc. but has none of these. So when people get money the best thing to do in town is... sigh... go to McDonald's. And the double quarter pounder is their default "I wanna blow some money!" sandwich.

We sold a LOT of DQPs yesterday.

You may appreciate this...after the conversations about DQP, I decided I would get one for lunch.

The employee asked me to pull up because they were "...waiting on quarter meat."

I know what she meant, but I immediately thought "What kind of quarter meat?"

Quarter horse?  Quarter pounder?  A quarter of beef?  A quarter of WHAT?!?

I may not want a burger now!

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on February 27, 2023, 11:20:47 PMdrinking Boba Tea (her) and diet soda (me). I always enjoy those little moments with my baby girl.
Now she has just sauteed some shrimp in butter with all kinds of seasonings including smoked paprika, to make shrimp and broccoli alfredo. I don't like shrimp...broccoli...or alfredo, but man the shrimp be smellin' and tastin' RIGHT.
And she has finally put my long desired buttermilk pie together and in the oven...
Today is a day that makes me see I really could get behind retirement it's 73 degrees and beautiful.

I love boba tea - sans the boba LOL... at my pho spot they have a "thai tea" and i get it often but without the tapioca balls. i do not like the texture lol

i really wish i could get the hubs to like shrimp. or seafood period.  :smirk2:
Gorgeous warm 83 here. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

I'm a "texture" person too. That's why I don't like shrimp unless they are fried. It ain't the taste. :lol:  And the boba- Chey had me try it. Nastiness squared.
It's beautiful here too and I'm stuck inside. But when I get home I'm gonna throw a steak on the grill..
And today, I am mentally checked out. I want a cabin, away from everyone...:lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

In my opinion shrimp can stay in the ocean

The Purple Fuzzy

It's so nice to see Spring flowers blooming. Winter is not my favorite season.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 01, 2023, 03:37:18 PMIt's so nice to see Spring flowers blooming. Winter is not my favorite season.

SAME. I loathe winter. It's raining here today though. Boo.
I have a second interview today at 11:30 for a promotion. Send up your prayers!  :great:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Well. I'm late to see this but I hope it went well Jenn. And I am tired of winter too.
And BSR, I usually agree on shrimp but if they are fried I can accept 'em..
Been a busy day despite me having no one scheduled. And it is raining. Nice temp though.
NOw, fixing to go to church where several have called out sick, and see what God has for us..

Roscoe

Urgh. And again I say Urgh.
I don't wanna adult today, again. I'm drinking Mountain Dew which I don't need...ate a breakfast burrito I don't need...and still wanna go to sleep.
And it's not due to lack of sleep. I slept well. I'm just lazy and unmotivated.  :laughhard:

Backseat Radio

I'm super sleepy this morning. Choir practice was a blast last night. Pastor kept getting sidetracked and messing up what he was supposed to be doing on the piano. Also had some kids on the front row copying the choir director acting like they was directing the choir.

The Purple Fuzzy

Storms supposed to be coming today here.

Nelle

@Work. I'm "tarred." lol.. Monday & Tuesday, I worked 12.5 hours. Wednesday I worked 11.5. I'm hopeful today isn't like the others. Our audit (with our CPAs) (which actually is used for our taxes as well as our prequal for bidding State of IL projects as well) will be over after today! Back to the normal, scheduled chaos at the office.

We have Hyphen Weekend at our church this weekend. I'm going to the service Friday night to support, but I doubt I'll be going Saturday morning unless someone says they need me to help serve breakfast or lunch. I'm technically out of this age group completely, but glad to help if needed.

MsJennJenn

The interview went well. I feel like I did well anyway. The HR guy DEF liked me I think. He was like I have no doubt you have the skillset needed.

He said I was his first interview and he wasn't doing many. He made it sound like he had only one more besides me. So could come down to me or them. Now I'm just waiting (in agony lol) for the final and third interview with the Senior VP. Who I would actually admin for.

So more prayers please! I laid in bed last night (cus hubbs work until 4am) and just prayed over it too. Really feeling stuck at work. Starting to hate it cus my current boss is a mess. And I don't want to feel like that. Just really think the change would be good for me.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Ugh. It's Friday thank de lawd.
Had to go to Little Rock last night.  Fifteen year old nephew in Conway, love the kid to pieces, has anger issues and has been acting out and skipping school. Made vague threats about self-harm and they sent him to a hospital. He didn't want to go, was a scared kid, but he trusts me, so we went up, talked him into going and took him there. I love the kid but I'm at a loss as to what to do for him. His mom is a single mom, does everything she can for him, but her boyfriend doesn't help situations and his mom does tend to react in kind- he yells- she yells. He stomps, she stomps and so on, and that doesn't help either. Add all of that with the fact the boy's father isn't in the picture and he is biracial which he has confided is a challenge in itself for him, well, it's bad. He's a sweet kid but lashing out at everything. Prayers for him please.
Oh, and if someone -looking at You, Lord- could turn off the water faucet around here, that'd be great. I'm at the point of using my stockpiled lumber I have for the bedroom addition renovation to start building an ark. It ain't gopher wood but it'll do..... :lol:

The Purple Fuzzy

We had the roof blow off of a business in town last night. It got rough for a bit.

Nelle

@Work, but I don't want to be. I'm exhausted after all these hours this week and cranky on top. :) We have the Hyphen service tonight. I don't want to go.. but I know I have to. Hopefully I'll be able to stay home all day tomorrow!

MsJennJenn

It's Friday, Friday, everybody get down on Friday!  :hypocrite:

Still waiting to hear about the third interview and going insane.  :noo:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi: Went to a ham radio swap meet. Installed new radio in Chey's Miata. Fixed an issue with the corvette's radio. Not much otherwise.

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

Been a crazy weekend for me. Friday evening's storm knocked out partial power to my Walmart forcing us to close the store at 7pm. The lights inside the store started strobing and flashing like we was at the scene of some kind of accident. Apparently something went wrong in the power lines at the main intersection of the highways the store is at. Was told Duke Energy had to shut down the power twice that night doing repairs.

Church was good today. I got put on running the ProPresenter program during first session. By the end of service my finger was cramping from using the Apple mouse.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's so nice and sunny it makes you want to plant a garden. We usually get a cold spell near Easter, I'm not sure if it's safe yet...

Roscoe

:hi: Been a busy couple of days. Been a week that church or things relative to church has taken up every spare minute of time. Friday night- ice machine at church died, I got called because the couple cleaning weren't sure how to turn it off. Went up, wound up there for a couple hours speaking with them. Sat evening- several hours there studying.... Church yesterday...then late last night my assistant pastor called with the news that his 81 year old mother had fallen, hit her head and was med flighted to Little Rock. This morning broke with the news that she was not expected to live, so I got up early and went to Little Rock. She finally passed around 7 pm. Thankful I could be there for him but lawd knows I've got little desire to be back at a hospital... now back to the OTHER job tomorrow.