News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

If this isn't demonic possession, I'll be suprised.

Started by Melody, May 31, 2012, 01:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

I know the world is crazy, I know history has crazy accounts of things.  But I'm still shocked and appalled when things like this happen. It's beyond insane.

Florida Man Killed in Face-Chewing Attack

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/florida-man-killed-in-face-chewing-attack-16449960?tab=9482931&section=4765066

MIAMI (AP) – It is being called one of this city's goriest crimes: A naked man was on top of another nude man along a busy highway, biting into the man's face, tearing it to pieces. A police officer arrived to help, but the mauler growled at him and continued to chew away, stopping only when he was shot to death.

Miami police said little Tuesday about the attack, which took place Saturday afternoon in the shadow of The Miami Herald headquarters. Surveillance video from the newspaper's security camera showed cars, motorcycles, pedestrians and bicyclists passing by.

The victim, identified as 65-year-old Ronald Poppo, a homeless man who lived under the causeway, was in critical condition.

"He had his face eaten down to his goatee. The forehead was just bone. No nose, no mouth," said Sgt. Armando Aguilar, president of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police. "In my opinion, he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Sgt. Javier Ortiz, vice president of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police, said it was one of the bloodiest "and goriest scenes I've ever been to."

"It was not only grotesque, it was just very sad, the amount of blood. It was very sad to see what happened to this gentleman that had his face eaten," Ortiz said.

It's not clear what led Rudy Eugene, 31, to attack Poppo. Eugene's ex-wife, Jenny Ductant, told WPLG-TV that he was somewhat paranoid.

"I wouldn't say he had mental problem but he always felt like people was against him. ... No one was for him, everyone was against him," she told the station. She and Eugene's mother declined comment when reached by the Associated Press.

Larry Vega was riding his bicycle off the causeway, which connects downtown Miami with Miami Beach, when he saw the attack.

"The guy was, like, tearing him to pieces with his mouth, so I told him, 'Get off!'" Vega told Miami television station WSVN. "The guy just kept eating the other guy away, like, ripping his skin."

Vega flagged down the Miami police officer, who can be seen exiting his car on the Herald video. Vega said the officer repeatedly ordered the attacker to get off. Eugene just picked his head up and growled at the officer before continuing to maul his victim, Vega said.

The officer shot Eugene, but he just kept chewing, Vega said. The officer fired again, killing Eugene.

Vega refused to comment when reached by the Associated Press, saying he wanted to put what he witnessed behind him.

Detective William Moreno would not release details about the shooting, citing the ongoing investigation. The Miami-Dade County medical examiner declined to provide any information until after the autopsy, which was scheduled for Tuesday. Police have not released details from the autopsy and it could be weeks before the results of toxicology tests are available.

Ortiz said the officer, who is part of a crisis intervention team and trained to deal with the mentally ill, had no choice but to fire.

"He's clearly shaken up," Ortiz said, adding that the officer had been administratively reassigned pending an investigation, as is standard after an officer-involved shooting.

After the shooting, the Herald's video zooms in on the scene. Most of it is blocked by an overpass, but two sets of uncovered legs can be seen. One set never moves, while the other twists and turns as if the person is in pain.

"It was just a blob of blood," Vega said. "You couldn't really see, it was just blood all over the place."

Court records show that Poppo has several arrests for public intoxication.

According to Miami-Dade court records, Eugene had been arrested for multiple misdemeanors, mostly marijuana-related charges. The most recent arrest was in 2009. The Herald reported that he played football at a Miami area high school in the late 1990s.

Ives Eugene, who identified himself as Rudy Eugene's uncle, described his nephew as a "nice and hard-working" man who washed cars at a local dealership.

He said his nephew had asked his girlfriend to borrow her car, but she said no. "So he rode the bicycle, and he never came back home," he said.

And this one isn't brand new but wow. Makes me wonder the difference between "mental problem" and demonic possession/oppression.  http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-07-27-baby-killed_N.htm?csp=hf

"SAN ANTONIO (AP) — San Antonio police say a woman accused of beheading her 3-week-old infant son used a knife and two swords in the attack and ate some of the child's body parts. San Antonio Police Chief William McManus told reporters Monday that Otty Sanchez's attack on her son, Scott Wesley Buchholtz-Sanchez, was "too heinous" to fully discuss.  But he says Sanchez ate part of the newborn's brain and bit off three of his toes before stabbing herself twice.  Police say the 33-year-old Sanchez told officers who were called to her house early Sunday that she killed her son at the devil's request."

Insanity.  My pastor says this world is headed for full demonic possession. Whether that's after the rapture, I don't know but my Lord, put a hedge around your people!

Melody

And there is already jokes about it.  I haven't understood the whole "zombie" genre.  I just thought it was people that like zombie movies but wow, it's like a whole subculture!  There are people who really believe there's going to be zombies. smh 

Lynx

There are people who believe vampires can turn into bats and fly through your window too.  And there are people who are waiting for "The Singularity," the moment when a super computer somewhere will become self-aware and take over the whole world. 

In the meantime, the man in question is said to have been acting under the influence of bath salts.  Seems he used them as drugs.  I'm not saying he was not possessed, but the bath salts are officially attributed as the cause.  The woman who cut her kid's head off, I have no idea. 

What got me most about the face-eating man is the other news report that related how many people saw the incident plainly, but passed on by.  A security camera caught the whole thing, and also caught some people who had a good view, could see everything, stopped and looked... and then went on. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

And people think we're crazy for believing in God...  :roll:

I hadn't seen yet where it was attributed to bath salt drug use but I've read about the bath salt drug problem.  You know, the older generations would talk about drugs being distinctly connected with demonic influence.  I remember 10 yrs ago thinking that was maybe perhaps simply because little was known about the body's chemical balance.  However, now, even knowing more about chemical interactions in our brains, I can't help but think they are still right.  Just because we can watch it and explain something scientifically does not negate that it's still a spiritual interaction as well.

In fact. I've wondered, and there is probably no way to ever know if I'm on to something or not, but I wonder if what happens spiritually causes physical results FAR more than we think.  Even those that are tested as "genetically predisposed."  I can't help but wonder if the family's familiar spirits that they deal with affect their DNA instead of the other way around? We know curses and blessings follow for generations.  We know a person can have more than one DNA found in their body.  I'm totally speculating but I do know that the more this world tries to discredit God and spiritual things, the more wrong they are.

Scott

On the surface - I agree - it looks like Demon Possession.

However:  the question of the day is this?   If you are under the influence of a psychotropic drug like "Bath Salts" or "LSD" are your actions caused by a demon or the drug?

QuoteInsanity.  My pastor says this world is headed for full demonic possession. Whether that's after the rapture, I don't know but my Lord, put a hedge around your people!

After the 6th trumpet sounds and before the Mark of the Beast the book of Revelations tells us this about the people remaining on earth:

a.)   They did NOT repent of the things that they did
b.)   They continued to worship Demons and Idols
c.)   They did NOT repent of murders
d.)   They did NOT repent of their Sorceries or what we'd call witchcraft
e.)   They did NOT Repent of their sexual immorality
f.)   They did NOT repent of their Thefts!

Bro Gleason may very well be right.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Melody

Yay, Scott, I was looking for you to chime in..

Do they go hand in hand?  Could it be a thing where when there are drugs abused, demons take advantage of it and sometimes try to influence a person to go that route so that they might take great advantage of them?

I've thought about it, how it would be hard to distinguish between someone who takes codine in high dose because of severe pain after surgery and cocaine.  There would have to be the state of a person's heart I would think.  That is impossible for us to gauge but generally speaking, someone recovering from surgery up to an IV is less likely to do something crazy, though it's happened, than a crackhead/ bath salthead.  It's a grey area for us. 

I would do a complete 180° on this thought if a stable apostolic prescribed some intense pain killer went out naked and ate someone's face though, while growling.  Just to cover my bases.   ;)

Or perhaps the devil just wants to take the title of "salt of the earth." 

Scott

Quote from: MellowYellow on May 31, 2012, 03:07:19 PM
Yay, Scott, I was looking for you to chime in..

:freaky2:

QuoteDo they go hand in hand?  Could it be a thing where when there are drugs abused, demons take advantage of it and sometimes try to influence a person to go that route so that they might take great advantage of them?

I remember a homeless drug user once coming to church and when we prayed with him in the altar we realized he was demon possessed. We cast the demon out and that thing physically  attacked people in the altar - actually choked people. We rebuked it and cast it out of the church building.

So yes, I believe that drug users are very susceptible to demonic possession. I know that often times people involved in the occult use drugs in one form or another.

QuoteI've thought about it, how it would be hard to distinguish between someone who takes codine in high dose because of severe pain after surgery and cocaine.  There would have to be the state of a person's heart I would think.  That is impossible for us to gauge but generally speaking, someone recovering from surgery up to an IV is less likely to do something crazy, though it's happened, than a crackhead/ bath salthead.  It's a grey area for us. 

We lost a friend a couple of years ago because of her addiction to pain killers (severe migraines).

I would do a complete 180° on this thought if a stable apostolic prescribed some intense pain killer went out naked and ate someone's face though, while growling.  Just to cover my bases.   ;)

Or perhaps the devil just wants to take the title of "salt of the earth." 

I am going to a pain management clinic right now..  these doctors are such downers and negative in their comments, I am shocked that they are not more uplifting. In our pain class last week, two ladies were crying after the doctor gave a lecture, he just stood there and offered no condolences nor any positive reinforcement. No wonder they dip into the drug cabinet, they are looking for something to make it all go away.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Raven180

There does appear to be a strong Biblical link between drug use/abuse and the demonic.

From Galatians 5:20, one of the works of the flesh listed is witchcraft.

Here is the word in the Greek: pharmakeia.

It can have these meanings:

1.) the use or the administering of drugs
2.) poisoning
3.) sorcery, magical arts, often found in connection with idolatry and fostered by it
4.) metaphorically the deceptions and seductions of idolatry

It is from this word: pharmakeus.

This word means:

1.) one who prepares or uses magical remedies
2.) sorcerer

It's root word is this: pharmakon. It refers to a drug, i.e. spell-giving potion.

It's quite obvious that our words pharmacy, pharmacology, pharmaceuticals, etc. all find their derivation in these words. This doesn't mean, though, that legally prescribed drugs and/or medicines taken for legitimate medical needs causes one to partake in witchcraft or deviltry.

However...

When looking at the concept of witchcraft from the Old Testament, something shows itself.

2 Chronicles 33:6,

Quote6. And he [meaning Manasseh, the son of Hezekiah] caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Here, enchantments is the Hebrew word nachash. It means to: to practice divination, divine, observe signs, learn by experience, diligently observe, practice fortunetelling, take as an omen. It comes from the idea of whispering, as in a magician chanting a spell.

Witchcrraft here is kashaph, and it means to: to practice witchcraft or sorcery, use witchcraft, from the idea of praying to or worshipping idols.

Two points to make.

1.) Praying to or worshipping an idol is automatically demonic, proven by this chain of verses:

Deuteronomy 32:17, 2 Chronicles 11:15, Psalm 106:37, and perhaps most telling, 1 Corinthians 10:19-20, which reads,

Quote19. What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing? 20. But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

2.) Nachash, from 2 Chronicles 33:6, is the root word for serpent in Genesis 3:1, i.e. the deceiver, i.e. Satan, who tricked Eve into eating the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. This word for serpent comes from the idea of hissing, i.e. the sibilance of sound a snake makes. This is why the root word, nachash means what it does, i.e. the whispering used in magical enchantments, because it means to hiss or whisper, a similar sound to that of a serpent or snake.

The conclusion is that witchcraft often involves drugs and other chemical compounds to induce the effect or high, and that many times, the effect or high is a spiritual experience common to the demonic. This spiritual experience goes directly back to the hissing whisper of the Deceiver, who uses sorcerers, necromancers, witches, magicians, soothsayers, mediums, psychics, and etc. for his wicked schemes.

And so, people who use drugs illegally, especially narcotics, while they may not be intending to chant spells or any such thing, they are nonetheless experiencing the same spiritual symptoms of one who does use demonic powers to perform their wickedness. The effect is the same, and so, many drug users open themselves up to demonic depression, oppression, infestation, and even possession.

This doesn't mean that every person on drugs, or that used to use drugs automatically has a demonic problem in their life; but the door, while on drugs, is pretty much wide open, for the reasons just enumerated.

Hope that helps you, MellowYellow (and anyone else who's interested).

Peace
Luke 12:24,

24. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them...

AmenSister

That is just horrifying.  But satan is real.. alot of people just think he's a little imp sitting on your shoulder persuading you to do bad things..but it goes alot further than that.  I've heard of some terrible stuff but that is really sick.   :(   Lord Jesus help us to be ready to get up out of here!

Heather

the thing i don't understand about people who use 'bath salts' is if they mess you up so bad the first time, why do it again?!?!? it's become quite an issue in my area and numerous articles in the local paper and reports on local tv interview users now in jail about why they did them. they all say it's a horrible feeling. then why keep doing something that makes you freak out and feel awful?!?! i just want to slap people sometimes.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Scott

Quote from: HeatherB on June 24, 2012, 07:32:44 PM
the thing i don't understand about people who use 'bath salts' is if they mess you up so bad the first time, why do it again?!?!? ......... they all say it's a horrible feeling. then why keep doing something that makes you freak out and feel awful?!?!.........

It is the addiction and the cravings.

The Never Ending Battle

World Traveler

Yesterday I read that after the autopsy, no evidence of bath salts were found in his system. The only thing they found was marijuana. They even called in an outside agency to double check their findings. Just Marijuana.
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Melody

Thanks for posting that.  I also heard that on the radio, not even synthetic marajuana. 

However, a point was made.  That they do not have the accurate testing yet for bath salts.  I don't know if there is multiple kinds or what but if the testing doesn't exist I wonder if the assessment is complete?

Also, if it was only weed... I have never heard of that extreme of a case of munchies before now...  But I wonder even more if it was full out demon possession?  The ex did say on a TV report, she left him because he was a violent and entitlement type thinker.

Recently, a guy took someone's dog and was caught eating it raw.

Melody

2Ti 3:1 ¶ This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

fierce: anēmeros
1) not tame, savage, fierce

Scott

I believe that there is demon possession, however I never want to publicly call anything Demon Possession unless I have valid proof.  I don't want to give the Devil credit for anything.

The Never Ending Battle