News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

GP Ain't dead yet.. Prove it in sharing 502

Started by taco_harvell, January 17, 2016, 06:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Back to the work grind. :sadbounce:

Super tired. Been up entirely too late the last few days. Like in the wee hours. Lawd I need a nap.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

SippinTea

BAH. How can kids make messes from one end of the house to the other so quickly?? I'm sure I NEVER did that to my poor mother. :hypocrite:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

taco_harvell

Snow and ice before and after aren't fun...
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Heather

I miss you Mel!!!

Had to cut my trip short [again] but this time due to weather. Instead of staying and leaving after church sunday, I left Saturday evening, drove over half way and stopped for the night in northern Alabama. Got up way early sunday and drove the rest of the way beating out all the snow. We got a snow day again today from university.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

taco_harvell

Took forever, but I did my biggest laptop rebuild so far today. Toshiba case, Asus MB, HP HD, and generic ram. I shall call it Frakenwindows 10. Windows 10 ran more stable than anything including Linux. Was able to get my old MS Office Enterprise Edition. Tout side use to be the churches and when I got the HD out it sounded like a babies rattle. I was going to put 8 gigs of ram in it but it would have required further work so 4 will do.

Roscoe

Well. :hi: I am back. Been busy. Worked yesterday, then came home and changed clothes before going to Bro Wilson's to work on Rusty. Cody, (Bro Wilson's grandson) had the majority of the preliminary work to pull the engine done, but before calling it a night, we pulled the transmission...Good thing we decided to replace the transmission. The throw-out bearing was nearly gone, the fluid smelled burnt from the trip a few years ago to meet Mini at the car track, and a couple of other minor things we are addressing. I shall owe Cody an eternity for all this work- but Rusty will be like a new ride when we are done.
Cody said when he drained the oil from the new engine, it looked fresh, clean and new. So far, so good..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: taco_harvell on February 16, 2016, 05:42:07 AMTook forever, but I did my biggest laptop rebuild so far today. Toshiba case, Asus MB, HP HD, and generic ram. I shall call it Frakenwindows 10. Windows 10 ran more stable than anything including Linux. Was able to get my old MS Office Enterprise Edition. Tout side use to be the churches and when I got the HD out it sounded like a babies rattle. I was going to put 8 gigs of ram in it but it would have required further work so 4 will do.
"Linux" is a wide universe. Try Mint (Cinnamon edition.) Win10 spies on you too much.

Of course... if the computer will never be online, there is no way for Win10 to report to headquarters. ;)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

About to throw my work computer down the stairs. It's a piece of junk. And my company won't replace it.
Nor do we have onsite assistance for it, since I'm on the retail side, and so I get to send it in and be without a computer for a week, or two.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

yall so fancy at CVS now. they even have an iPad at my mom's store now. Back in my day, it was just the old behometh in the office and a couple scantrons that randomly decided not to scan anymore.

I'm taking a study break in the library. Brandon has a test tomorrow so I'm leaving him alone and I have a TON to do myself. So far I've gotten 40+ pages of articles for sociology read, a 2 page paper in the same class, and my 3 page history study guide filled out. I have a speech due on thursday, a social statistics assignment on friday, my first history test the same day, and this infernal program called mindtap in history to complete by friday night. Add into that classes, 2 keva shifts, and a work study shift. I'm living on white mochas from starbucks for the next few days.....

Also fun the last day or so. Brandon fell down our steps to the apartment yesterday and had a stye in his right eye explode today. Poor dude....

Lynx

HeatherB, sistah, I got tired just reading all that. That much activity can't be healthy for you. (I read that somewhere.)

"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

Quote from: Lynx on February 16, 2016, 01:07:35 PM
Quote from: taco_harvell on February 16, 2016, 05:42:07 AMTook forever, but I did my biggest laptop rebuild so far today. Toshiba case, Asus MB, HP HD, and generic ram. I shall call it Frakenwindows 10. Windows 10 ran more stable than anything including Linux. Was able to get my old MS Office Enterprise Edition. Tout side use to be the churches and when I got the HD out it sounded like a babies rattle. I was going to put 8 gigs of ram in it but it would have required further work so 4 will do.
"Linux" is a wide universe. Try Mint (Cinnamon edition.) Win10 spies on you too much.

Of course... if the computer will never be online, there is no way for Win10 to report to headquarters. ;)

When I say''linux'' I mean around the 15 or so different versions I have a bootable disk. Windows 7 and linux both gave me glitches. Windows 10 runs the smoothest. I'm conservative so the NSA probably watches all I do anyway. lol

So, if they want to watch me work on editing sermons and loading them to truthsalem.com that's ok with me. lol

SippinTea

I need tea.

Yes, I'm predictable.

Well. At least about tea, I am.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

I woke up this morning with a mild headache and a blah feeling.

FIRST THOUGHT: Hope I'm not getting sick.

SECOND THOUGHT: No fair! People who get drunk the night before are supposed to wake up with this! Why did I wake up with it?

Fortunately it has passed and I feel fine now. At least for the moment... I just ate a fairly large havarti sandwich for breakfast so my sinuses will be unhappy with me for a good half of today. But it was worth it! Yum!
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

I woke up with a headache too. But it's slowly dissipating for me too. I ate my steel cut oats.

Mine is probably cus I was up until almost 2am. haha I'm diffusing a headache blend in my diffuser.

I need a nap. :sleep:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

It's beautiful outside today. We sure didn't have much winter weather this year. I'm sure the bugs will be bad this year.

MsJennJenn

I'm superrrrrr glad of the non-wintery winter we've had. Makes me dance. and shout. I'm so ready for summer!  :clap:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 17, 2016, 04:46:34 PMIt's beautiful outside today. We sure didn't have much winter weather this year. I'm sure the bugs will be bad this year.
That's my main worry. The bugs this summer. Last year I only had one wasp in my bedroom the whole year. This summer will be like two summers ago when I had at least three wasps every day.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I now have a plan.

Rent on new place is paid for March. Phone bill is paid for March. Tomorrow I have four (maybe 2 more) ladies from church to help me pack. Shouldn't take too long with that many helpers. Friday and Saturday, Michael, a kid from church who recently got in trouble, is at my disposal to help me move boxes and small furniture to the new apartment. Monday I'll call the power and water and get stuff transferred to new place. Next week I finish odds and ends and price stuff to sell. Friday and Saturday NEXT week I have an in-apartment yard sale. We are not permitted to use the lawn or breezeway or any area outside, but you can set up inside and sell all ya want. So I plan to set up stuff that I don't need or want and sell it then. Also Saturday my brother is bringing me a new queen sized matteress and box springs to use with my Moms bed frame. Hers is old and uncomfortable and I don't want it and since he has one, he's bringing that and buying Moms curio cabinets from me.

By Tuesday the first, I plan to be in my new place.

After that, the job hunt begins.

I need a stackable washer and dryer for a decent price. And soon. The washer and dryer I have is going back to Aaron's rental place cause I'm trying to consolidate my bills and I don't need a monthly payment. Plus it's a regular one and my new apt is equipped for a stackable. So the ones I have wont work anyway.

Otherwise I'm pretty well set.  
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

I am currently fixing to leave the apt and find food and buy packing tape and get some newspapers for packing.

I have no idea what I want to eat. Nothing sounds good right now.

Heather

I have wanted sushi since Saturday. I blame you.

Today I'm thankful for leadership who is understanding about us college students. We were on the 2nd to last End Times dvd for church tonight [Thank ya Jesus!!!] and I admit, I wrote my speech for tomorrow during church. I didn't feel that terrible when I realized Madison had her laptop out and was studying as well. I talked to Pastor Lewis after service and told him. He said as long as I'm there, he understands because he's a student too but don't do it on Sundays!

MelodyB

Quote from: HeatherB Wed Feb 17 2016 21:09:31 GMT-0600 (CST)

I have wanted sushi since Saturday. I blame you.
Haha! I got a call this morning from a friend from church (who you haven't met yet) and she felt bad that she was out of town during the whole week that I was with mom and she didn't get back before the funeral so she wanted to take me to lunch today...my point is, we went to Yamato...a Japanese habitchi place. I had three rolls and some ginger salad.

I found out she knew nothing of Ichiban and the all you can eat sushi deal that we partook of last Saturday. We now have plans for a lunch break there, next week sometime.

Sorry.

Not. :P

mini

I've never had sushi.  I'm not opposed to trying it, I just need a sushi expert to allow me to tag along.

In other news, ugh.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:stupid:
 At least on the "ugh" part. I have no desire to eat bait, otherwise known as sushi. :lol:
Was supposed to teach last night. Got there and discovered a preacher from my childhood who hasn't been to our church in over 20 years had dropped in and was preaching. My ram in the bush.....:P
He did great, and it was good to see him. 
Tonight we get to go work on Rusty....and Cody told me that he has to take off tomorrow or he's going to lose vacation time, so he's taking off tomorrow and we are gonna work on Rusty then too. We *might* have Rusty back running this weekend.....:clap:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

We'll have the pews gone and chairs in SUNDAY! I'm hoping to have an actual true sound booth setup as well. Sound system running through one for audio and recording. The other will run the Projector ONLY. We had so many crashes because they bought a kids first computer, and expected it to do everything. I'm surprised it lasted 6 1/2 years.

Not feeling well today... trying to motivate myself to get going on something.