News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Camping

Started by Melody, April 05, 2014, 03:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

As soon as it ever warms up around here, we want to go camping. I know not many people seem to be into camping these days but I'm sharing things I think are cool concerning camping.

Which include survival stuff:

Like how to open a can w/o any tools.
http://off-grid.info/blog/how-to-open-a-can-without-a-can-opener-amazing/

Rocket Stove!
http://www.rootsimple.com/2012/03/a-rocket-stove-made-from-a-five-gallon-metal-bucket/

Lynx

And of course my brain automatically cues up "I'm camping, I'm camping, in Canaan's happy land." 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

We'd like to do some camping ourselves, but our schedules usually keep that from happening. That, and Lou thinks a/c is a must. I've threatened for years to buy a teardrop style or a canned ham style camper- look them up- to pull with Rusty, but the right deal has not arisen when I had the funds, so that hasn't happened- yet.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

We have a tent for 8 and we have used 2 queen air mattresses for years but the mattresses have worn out and we have been thinking about cots. However, Andrew is too tall for them.  I may just get him another single mattress and Hannah a cot. 

Niki

I am so  not a camping kind of girl. (Can I still call myself a girl, being 41? lol) Maybe if I was in an RV, but never in a tent.
When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

Roscoe

Quote from: Niki on April 05, 2014, 06:34:27 PM
I am so  not a camping kind of girl. (Can I still call myself a girl, being 41? lol) Maybe if I was in an RV, but never in a tent.
Sounds like my wife. She loves the outdoor grilling, but the rest of it- if it ain't air conditioned and bug free, she has no desire to be there. :P
Chey and I would have zero issues in a tent, or even an air matress in Rusty 's ( our antique truck) bed..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

I guess when you grow up living in the middle of the Hoosier National Forest, you don't think much about camping, cause that's just like being at home.  We never camped or any such like.

The Purple Fuzzy

I like air conditioning when it's hot, and I like bathrooms close so travel trailers are my choice ;)

Heather

this is awesome MY!!! we were just talking yesterday about camping!! I still need to decide if I want to sleep on the ground in the tent or in my hammock in the trees when we go.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Personally I like to sleep in a place where there are no mosquitoes.  I'll pass on camping.  I get enough nature when I ride my bike down to the creek with my dog. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Scott

My idea of roughing it - is a Hotel room that does not have it's own Hot Tub and Stereo system!
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Melody

Melody

Melody

Lynx

A chainsaw?  THAT'S not roughing it.  Where's the splitting maul?   :P
"Do you sing at church?"

Scott

If God meant for me to go camping, he would never have invented Best Western, Days Inn and Holiday Inn Express.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Melody

I think people think it makes them look cool to complain about camping. Lol. I also think people enjoy complaining about it much more than they actually dislike it. Who'da thought this thread would get so much negative attention?  Hahahaha

Lynx

Fair enough. And I think camping is akin to self-flagellation. But as long as you're out there, catch a few fish for me willya?
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Our biggest challenge is finding a place to camp that is family friendly.  A place that isn't packed nor full of partying idiots.

Heather

This is not my setup. Right now I only currently have my hammock. I'm still debating which fly to get for coverage but my setup will be close to this when I purchase my fly, underbelly, bug net, etc.

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

The Purple Fuzzy

I have a really pretty hammock from Guatemala, but I've never used it.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 09, 2014, 05:44:11 PM
I have a really pretty hammock from Guatemala, but I've never used it.
Send it to me, I'll break that sucker in...or out. :P

taco_harvell

Public camping areas across the country are currently the number one location to find illegally grown marijuana along with national forest. Hmmm.... look who our happy camper is.  :laughhard: :hypocrite: :laughhard: :hypocrite:
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/