News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

How Many Turkeys Can We Brine in Sharing 489

Started by Melody, November 09, 2013, 06:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Morning, all. Lands, what a change in the weather...from 75 degrees yesterday- today started in the 40's and it's already dropped 5 degrees on my morning ride, with much more dropping in the forecast. They are saying a low of 8 degrees Saturday night. Lord. I shall surely die. :reaction:
Church went well last night, with good participation in the Bible Study, as well as numerous folks telling me they needed it. Hope they remain as involved throughout the entire series. :smirk2:
Have a great day, all. Even the evil folk who are planning on fishing in what apparently is beautiful weather, while I freeze my tush off. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Yep. A foggy 71 degrees here today. Supposed to be a high of 75. Foggy, cloudy.

I've prayed, took Allan to work, we stopped at Sonic before I dropped him off and ate, and shared a Dr Pepper. Then I went to storage and cleaned all the unneeded stuff out of the van. Cleaned out and organized the tackle box. Left in the van: our bucket, our poles, the chairs, and the tackle box. We have some dry catfish bait in the van, I got worms in the fridge, and fish, squid and shrimp in the freezer.

We are READY!

I'm about to go to WM and see about those bobbers.

:)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

We got not even a dusting of snow. It might be too dry, idk. I'm totally split when I see teenagers in shorts when it's 15* out. Lol. I wonder if they own warm clothes, if they're poor. And then I want to smack the parents for letting their kid out of the house like that. One kid was walking to school.  Someone's an idiot.

The Purple Fuzzy

It was almost 80* yesterday here and down to 45* on my way to work this morning, but unless things change, the sleet and ice are supposed to stay West of us.

Lynx

West of you means west of me as well, which is a bad thing because I actually wanted it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Maybe not, Isaac, since you are north of us.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

We're down to 37* now... that's 40* colder than this time yesterday.

Melody

Yeah 17* here. Nathan's been inside today working, thank the Lord.

Chili in the pot for dinner.

Hush Roscoe. :P

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 05, 2013, 11:57:57 PM
Yeah 17* here. Nathan's been inside today working, thank the Lord.

Pot in the chili for dinner.

Hush Roscoe. :P
:o  :sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

I'm SO excited!!!!

My aunty is on ancestry.com.  She has my maternal's side mapped out pretty well.  They have this really cool thing, if you're into it, that you can send some spit in and they test your DNA.  The results tell you where your heritage is from and how much.  It also tells you if any of your relatives are on ancestry and how they are related.  My aunt has been united with a 3rd cousin and an aunt. 

So I know my mom's side.  Super white bread.  99% from the British Isles. Irish, British and Scottish. They have married people from the same areas even when they haven't known it!  It's kind of crazy the stories.  No one has married a close cousin that I know of though. 

Since my dad was an orphan and even though his family is loosely reconnected, there are still no straight answers.  Since my g'mas name was Ortega, it's been easiest to assume I'm Hispanic.  I won't be surprised if the results render that.  But there has been suggestions of Native Indian too and I know there is a smidgen of Jewish/Hebrew in there. 

Nathan got me the test for Christmas.  I'm gonna send it back in tomorrow and finally have a difinitive answer when people ask what I am.  I've been asked if I'm Pacific Islander, Mexican, Native, Asian, and even part black, which is a long shot I think but anyway...

Now Nathan is going to get his done too in a few months.  And I've always teased him that he's an albino with his big lips.  I have been having so much fun with speculating.  I told him, if he really is part black, and he was the only white boy that ever caught my eye... it must have been jungle fever.  HAHAHA! 

Oh I love a good laugh.  :D

Roscoe

Gang- a quick prayer request, please. One of my pastors' best friends, and a friend to me as well, found his son (around my age) dead about an hour ago. He'd had seizures before and brain surgery, but that was behind him...probably related. He leaves a wife and a little girl younger than Chey, and one a little older than Chey, too, I believe. So if you get a chance say a prayer for this tremendous man of God and his family. I'm not going to release the name until I know the family has all been told, but God knows....Thanks.

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Melody

mini

Its cold.  Its snowy.  Its my last day of work.

And im beginning to think that they closed down work and forgot to tell me.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

It's 27 here and we have ice, sleet, snow all over the place. Half my friends are all getting to not go to work. I'm going in, but later on. I have to input payroll, it's week 2 of a pay period. This ridiculous weather sure would have been nice LAST week when I was off all weekend. :sadbounce:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

It's just raining here at the moment and 36*

Roscoe

Twenties, ice and sleet everywhere. Nasty day. I got up, checked the road conditions and let Lou go back to bed, talked to some friends on the radio to discover they had the same ice issues, then came in and cooked bacon and pancakes for breakfast. Gonna lay around and be even more useless than normal today..

Lynx

And all we're getting is rain. You're killing me brother Bobby, you're killing me.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:pound:
Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 06, 2013, 05:39:49 PM
And all we're getting is rain. You're killing me brother Bobby, you're killing me.
If the last radar image I saw was correct, you will probably get your wish soon....it started as rain here too.  :smirk2:

The Purple Fuzzy

Hubby said it was sleeting where we live, but here where I work about 15 miles away it's just rain for now. 

Roscoe

I'm iced in, and having phone issues....internet works great. Phone works when it wants to. And I've got a guy I've been witnessing too trying to call me. on the cell which won't pick up...I'm sure he's having issues. I have a short temper and want to tell him he's put himself in this position and only seems to remember God when things are bad..... Probably good the phone's acting up. I can't deal with someone else's drama tonight. Bah.

Heather

Pray for me. I'm currently couch crashing at my parents house. I have no idea where I will be come Sunday night. Just pray....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali