:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

How Many Turkeys Can We Brine in Sharing 489

Started by Melody, November 09, 2013, 06:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Quote from: Backseat Radio on November 14, 2013, 08:35:17 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on November 09, 2013, 11:37:41 PM
SisMom makes the BESTTTTTTT brine turkey. Holy Cow. I have the recipe somewhere. Its amazing!

what ever happened to SisMom?  Not seen her or BroDad lately on here.

I dont think they get on the internet much at all...Ive been texting them quite a bit this week. I emailed something I found for Mom that she asked me for a couple of months ago and I finally found it, and then she text me and told me Dad needed to see pictures of my man, so I text him some pics of Allan. He approved. :)

They stay busy. But we keep in contact periodically. They are both well and happy. Thats what counts.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Backseat Radio

being annoyed today by a sudden glitch in my antivirus program.  My AVG has developed a 2nd tray icon that says "@ProductType_94" on it.  2 different virus scans come up clear and uninstalling AVG didn't make the icon disappear so I'm now using the uninstall tool from AVG.  The only way so far that I can make the tray icon go away is by pulling up the task manager and killing "avgtray.exe".  grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Roscoe

Been busy on the firing range all day...back is not hurting as bad as it has been, but coughing still hurts. When I got home, I enjoyed a short while on the ham radio and talked to two new countries/islands, which is cool. Now Chey has me baking cinnamon rolls, for no other reason than she wanted to help bake them. My "Irregular Sergeant's Club"- a group of about five  to eight former and current police sergeants that meets every Friday for breakfast- will be pleased, as I promised I would bring them to the next meeting if I made rolls...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Finally got my AVG issue fixed and the program correctly re installed  :clap:

Melody

Had a nice day that included coffee with a new sweet friend. I also have bread baking. I'm making little bread knots for a preschool class I'm "showing" how to make bread, tomorrow morning. I have 45 min. So I'm taking some already made rolls, some dough on the first rise, and stuff to demonstrate the beginning step.

It's a Lutheran Christian school so I think I'm going to mention how Jesus ate bread and so many others in the Bible. When they went over to each others house, they said they "broke bread" so there will be 2 kids to a roll. Lol. They can eat it while I show measuring/stirring/ kneading. This is a hands on class of. 14 so my already made dough will have risen by then and they'll get to each take a chunk with floured hands and make their own roll.  It'll go on pans and the teachers will bake it if time runs out. I have a hand out with the recipe and list of nutrients in bread.

Pretty basic but it should be fun and Hannah is my assistant Baker. :)

SippinTea

*randomly waves at all the weirdos*
*randomly hugs random friends*
*randomly pounds a few friends*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

What kind of flour?  What kind of yeast? Inquiring food nuts want to know. :D

In local news, Grandma was backing out of the carport and her car made a horrible screeching sound and started smoking like crazy.  Turns out there was at least one cat under the hood that got chewed up by a motor belt.  Knocked the belt off, belt got caught on the crankshaft, shredded and started smoking.  There was a tail lying on the ground that didn't look at all like my Nancia's, but there were tufts of fur that looked an awful lot like her's.  I may have just lost a really sweet cat. I don't have much hope that she wasn't there, because last winter she climbed up in my minivan's engine compartment twice, but bounded out both times when I got in the minivan.  She stopped doing it last winter, but that was three seasons ago...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 15, 2013, 03:28:33 AM
What kind of flour?  What kind of yeast? Inquiring food nuts want to know. :D

:biglaugh:  The bread I made is a simple dinner roll recipe. 1 cup of soaked wheat and the rest an ultragrain naturally white that I get from Costco.  Star dry yeast, I really don't know of many different kinds of yeast except regular and quick/rapid rise.  Salt, milk&ACV, sugar, butter, flax in place of the eggs, vanilla. 

Tomorrow, I'm demonstrating with plain bread flour for them to play with. 

Lynx

Uh oh... won't be a kid in the place with clothes the same color they started out.  Everyone will be flour-white.  ;)
Wish I could be there, if only to see the spectacle. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Thought I was gonna get to sleep in a bit longer today, but it turns out that Allan has to work when he was supposed to be off, cause one of his coworkers is out sick this week. So Ive been up, took him to work, and now Im waiting to take dad to wound care.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

It's far too quiet around here, & I haven't started any trouble since I joined the forum, so I think it's my turn now. Hmmm...

I heard that mellow yellow's "bread" is really money (a common slang term for money is bread) and she is getting innocent children involved in a money laundering scheme.

I heard that Bobby's daughter Cheyenne has him wrapped around her finger so much that she is going to get a driver's license in two weeks. As a former cop, he can get away with it.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Well this is a fail of a morning.

All ready to go, packed up, ahead of schedule! 

And then my car won't start. Once again the battery is dead. For the umpteenth time.

I call Nathan. He has me try an hook up a charger to the battery using vague directions. It doesn't work. Dressed nice, heels, on a cold windy day with the hood up working on a car. I think we'll be having bread for dinner. Cold bread. And nothing else.

So here I am with a ton of bread, another batch already rising, a bad witness to a school, an embarrassment for the church person who works there and arranged this, a schedule mess up for the class, which is her class.

I feel horrible. 

MsJennJenn

Surely you could have called a friend Melodya? I could have, if I was near. But I'm yet far. Sorry!

Registered for Spring semester.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

By the time he had me try charging the battery and it didn't work, it was too late. I would've had to leave right that second and still been 5min late. Waiting for someone else would've taken too long. I have friends I could call but not in time.

Lynx

Option one: tuna fish sandwiches. Option 2: peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Option 3: lots of garlic toast. Either way, let me know what time supper is  and I'll be there. I love all three of them. :D
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

How do you make tuna fish sandwiches?
I love tuna fish sandwiches.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 15, 2013, 03:20:50 PM
It's far too quiet around here, & I haven't started any trouble since I joined the forum, so I think it's my turn now. Hmmm...

I heard that mellow yellow's "bread" is really money (a common slang term for money is bread) and she is getting innocent children involved in a money laundering scheme. So true. It's the proceeds of her side business involving herbs. :hypocrite:

I heard that Bobby's daughter Cheyenne has him wrapped around her finger so much that she is going to get a driver's license in two weeks. As a former cop, he can get away with it.
And on the second part- I ain't a former cop. I am still a cop, albeit one that doesn't have to do most police-like things anymore.  :pound:
And she don't need a license. She's been "driving" or steering Rusty on dirt roads since she was 3. Nearly ran over a tree once and when I pointed it out to her and corrected it, she looked at the tree with those big ole eyes and said "'scuse me , tree." Still cracks me up thinking about it. :laughhard:

And in sharing- I feel like crud. *whine* Coughing, runny nose, my back still hurts and feels like I'm stabbing myself when I cough...I came home, put beef stew in the crockpot, and knocked my self out with meds for a couple hours. Now I 'm relaxing in my chair reading library books.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Well we found Nancia lying under the antenna array.  She was missing a hind leg and her lower torso had been stripped clean of skin.  Had to put her down.  Aunt Diane happened to be here so she did the deed with Uncle Fred's rifle while I took Grandma to get her car from the mechanic.

It's a good thing I don't pretend to be macho.  I would have had to do it myself as a matter of pride, and I don't think I could have.  I wish we had just found out she was dead, instead of finding out she's been in mortal agony since late morning yesterday.  We looked for her but couldn't find her, but I guess we didn't look far enough.  :-\

Really good thing I don't pretend to be macho.  I think I'm about to crack up.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Shooting a cat is terrible.

I wanted to share but after reading that I'm honestly speechless and quite disturbed.......
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Yeah, I wish there had been another way.  But we didn't have a syringe to give her an injection to put her to sleep, and we couldn't just leave her like that.  Her hindquarters were already beginning to smell very strongly of decay and she barely had the strength to meow when we picked her up.

Let's go to a different topic.  I'm gonna cry again. 

New topic is chocolate.  Milk or dark?
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Not exactly amused with the weather predicting possibility of damaging winds and isolated tornadoes on Sunday when I've got a full day planned that day... morning worship service, carry in with the church across town, singles get together in the afternoon, and then evening service.  I hope the weather guys are false prophets this time.

SippinTea

:-( I'm sorry, Isaac.

Heather, please share anyway. I know what you mean, 'cause I always feel that way too. But I like to hear how EVERYONE is doing. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Crocheted a gingerbread girl and turned her into an ornament. I decided Bella needed an ornament she can chew on, instead of constantly being told "no" this year. ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel