News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Ask upchris

Started by Newsman, March 31, 2008, 04:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

Fair Lady,

How dost thou feel about having thine own thread?

John  :waving:

upcchris

:o :scared: :eek: :worry: :uhoh: :spitlaugh: :rotfl:  :bow: Wow...I had no idea this was created...I don't know if I have anything people would want to ask, but thank you, Sir John for creating this thread. :clap: :waving: :great:
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

Sis

How do you like Minnesota? Where were you originally from, again?

Do ya hang out with Scott?

Aren't you in Brother Andrew's church? Like it there? Bloomington?

sunlight

How many Bloomingtons are there?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Sis

Donno. I think there's one in Michigan and one in Kentucky, too.

upcchris

Um....not from America, from Australia...sitting here down unda, with a bemused expression on my face and with my arm in a sling because I fractured my elbow at work, on lunch break, walked out of building, turned, slipped, put my arms out to balance or break my fall...neither happened and fell quite badly.

So no, don't hang with Scott, never met him in person, never been to Minnesota...or anywhere in the US...including Bloominton Michigan and Kentucky....the only brother Andrews I know all live here in Australia. I'm from the church here in Sydney.

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Tina~Chris

Sis

Quote from: upcchris on April 03, 2008, 04:55:42 AM
Um....not from America, from Australia...sitting here down unda, with a bemused expression on my face and with my arm in a sling because I fractured my elbow at work, on lunch break, walked out of building, turned, slipped, put my arms out to balance or break my fall...neither happened and fell quite badly.

So no, don't hang with Scott, never met him in person, never been to Minnesota...or anywhere in the US...including Bloominton Michigan and Kentucky....the only brother Andrews I know all live here in Australia. I'm from the church here in Sydney.

:oops: OOOHHH Sorry, I thought you were one of the posters who moved to Minnesota. Boy, was I far off, huh?

Sorry to hear about your injury. How long will your arm be out of service?

upcchris

No Worries! :grin: I shuldn't say the church since there's a few but it's the biggest church, pastored by the best pastor in the world imho.

Arm should heal up in about two to three weeks, according to the docto, but I've got to go back to work on Monday regardless, please pray for me.

Tina~Chris

upcchris

Well update: I'm till home, it'll take about a month for my elbow to heal according to the orthopeadic(sp?) surgeon...so I'm at home with my arm in a sling...I'm grateful for the downtime...but a month is a bit much to be off work.

Tina~Chris

sunlight

wow! where do you work? do they have something that you could do without  using your arm? answering phones? tours? lol. anything?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

upcchris

I work for a council in the records department and the work I do requires both arms and hands....and legs and feet...to be functioning properly. At least I'm on compo, so I'm getting paid while being incapacitated. Phones...they usually need someone else.

Tina~Chris

upcchris

And...I must be boring lol...or not on here enough for people to want to ask anything...or maybe since I'm the only Aussie who posts here anymore...

Tina~Chris

apsurf

Ready for Old man WInter to hit the island?

What do you think of my advatar?

MelodyB

Nicole posts every once in awhile. (Well she is in HK now, but she still is an Aussie)

I just havent thought of a good question for you yet. :)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

upcchris

I think your confirming your place in the grumpye old bachlor club re your avatar j/k  ;) :hypocrite: Seriously though, Is that a blister or an oddly-shaped pinky toe?

Winter seems to have hit a bit early this year, I'm already rugged up in my sheepskin uggs and alpaca wool shawl (both bought at the Easter Show)

Nik posts sporadically...where are you Nik?

That's ok...I rarely know what to ask people either :grin:

Tina~Chris

Newsman

How cold are the winters in your area, Lady Chris?

upcchris

Well, it doesn't snow...except up in the mountains...except for that one time when there was frost in the front yard...but that was the coldest day we had in about ten years I think.

Even so, I hate the cold...it depends where you go, 18 degrees celcius is what it was a couple of days ago (we go celcius, not farenheight) It was really cold at a Youth Camp a month ago, we were all crowded around the fireplace in the main hall.

Tina~Chris

MelodyB

Nik is around...Ill see if I cant get her to make an appearance soon. :hypocrite:

I know how to find her.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Newsman

If I picked the right way to mentally figure that in fahrenheit, I think that would be about 66 degrees in the system we use..you're in your fall season, aren't you?

Quote from: upcchris on April 21, 2008, 09:09:53 AM
Well, it doesn't snow...except up in the mountains...except for that one time when there was frost in the front yard...but that was the coldest day we had in about ten years I think.

Even so, I hate the cold...it depends where you go, 18 degrees celcius is what it was a couple of days ago (we go celcius, not farenheight) It was really cold at a Youth Camp a month ago, we were all crowded around the fireplace in the main hall.

upcchris

Yup it's around autumn (our word for fall) here...I'm gonna turn 24 soon. But I remember warmer autumns

Tina~Chris

Newsman

Well, you look great for a woman your age!

I am sooooooooooo in trouble for that, right?  :goodmod:

upcchris

Tina~Chris

apsurf

I didn't get a good angle on the pic....but yes it is two toes....joined at the base and the base of the bone, split in half - half way down to form two toes.    When I get the right angle it resembles slightly a heart.

upcchris

Woah...but I know a few people with odd feet. Do you have trouble with shoes does it feel squashed sometimes?

Tina~Chris

apsurf

Dress shoes it does, tennis shoes is a lot easier to find to wear.   I have mostly switched over to wearing tennis shoes even with my suits.