Great Article on Belichick & the Patriots - re: videogate, scoring, etc.

Started by jdcord, November 02, 2007, 05:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdcord

Just click on the link below.  (Warning: contains a mild expletive or two)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/071101&sportCat=nfl

Wanda:   Two wrongs don't make a right.
Cosmo:   But three rights make a left,...

bishopnl

Even before reading the article, I figured it would be more media fawning concerning Belicheck and the Patriots.

I've been saying for a long time the Patriots were a classless bunch.  I don't care how good they are.  I hate the New England Patriots almost as much as any other sports franchise in pro sports.  With the obvious exceptions of the Cubs, Red Sox, and Yankees.

Here's hoping Dwight Freeney will be hitting Tom Brady so hard he'll still be blowing snot bubbles on Monday.
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~
- Mark Twain, a Biography

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

jdcord

Dwight Freeney??

Who's he?  Is he even still on the Colts?  I thought maybe he'd retired, or been placed on IR, or something.  You know, Jevon Kearse is another guy who seems to have just vanished this year.  Are they even in the games?  Cause you wouldn't know it by watching.

*L*

JakeLeonard

The Patriots....blech!

I have about as much disdain for them and Belichick as much as do with OJ Simpson, Martina Hingis, Michael Vick, Allen Iverson and so many more I can say....

bishopnl

Quote from: jdcord on November 03, 2007, 01:42:38 AM
Dwight Freeney??

Who's he?  Is he even still on the Colts?  I thought maybe he'd retired, or been placed on IR, or something.  You know, Jevon Kearse is another guy who seems to have just vanished this year.  Are they even in the games?  Cause you wouldn't know it by watching.

*L*

Well, he only had two solo tackles in yesterday's game...but he had 4 tackles and two sacks against Jacksonville a couple weeks ago.
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~
- Mark Twain, a Biography

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

Scott

Go Patriots!

I have had a soft spot for that team for years. I cannot explain it, but now that a Michigan boy is the QB, they have a Minnesota boy as RB, a Minnesota rude arrogant cop hitting jerk as a wide out and after reading Tedy's book about his stroke recovery....

Go team!

p.s.

The Lions?  What is up with that?
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

jdcord

Quote from: JakeLeonard on November 05, 2007, 08:47:14 PM
The Patriots....blech!

I have about as much disdain for them and Belichick as much as do with OJ Simpson, Martina Hingis, Michael Vick, Allen Iverson and so many more I can say....

You know, the whole Martina Hingis thing gets me to thinking: 

If I were a multi-million dollar athlete, and I really and truly never partook of any banned substances, then it seems to me that it would be worth my time and money to independently have one of those "Hair Test" drug screenings done each and every time my league or other athletic authority performed a drug test on me.  ...... and I'd make sure to have it done on the exact same day, and even within an hour or two of the League's or Association's drug test.

That way, if the urine test came back with a false positive, the results of the Hair Test would be there to cast major doubt on that "positive" urine test - not only with the public, but more importantly from a LEGAL standpoint. 

......... but maybe that's just me?

Quote from: Scott on November 05, 2007, 11:46:22 PM
p.s.

The Lions?  What is up with that?

What's "up with that" is that Matt Millen is obviously a genius!  That's what!