News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Roscoe said I could start one, so I did.

Since I'm present and all. And got the Covid cooties.

:freaky2:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

:hi:
 Good morning all. I am on a 10k calorie day I think. I'm on my second cup of calorie and sugar laden iced coffee (caramel Macchiato); and on my second donut. It's biblical. God sent the animals to Noah 2x2 and history records that the first evangelists went 2x2.
:hypocrite:
Do NOT confuse the issue with math and show me that if I continue in this mode, I shall surely be a 4x8.
:laughhard:
Not a lot to do today work wise. And I'm glad.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

I know so many folks sick right now that I think Mel's title is fitting. :hi:

MelodyB

Me too. Half our church, a lot of friends  on FB, a lot of people I follow on other social platforms, And me and all my coworkers are taking turns. One gets better and back to work just as another tests positive.

Yeah. I'm so tired of this.

Backseat Radio

My mom went to the doctor with a busted eardrum and tested positive for covid again

Nelle

Sorry that everyone's feeling so rough and having it rough.

Jeremy's starting taking covid seriously again finally. He's updating me daily on how he feels since he's getting nervous at work with everyone getting sick. I think we might need to just go get tested, that would resolve the 'what if' questions.

@Work. I was going to go get my booster after work, but I realized I have blood labs next week and I don't want to screw those up JUST in case the findings can be normalized this time. Really want to stop taking iron pills and though I doubt my WBC count is normal, that'd be super great too. :)

Nelle

Backseat Radio

Got to work today to discover 3 of my photo machines were down. Was able to fix one machine. The other 2 Fuji has to send a tech to fix.

Roscoe

Remind me to never say " not a lot to do today" in regards to work. I wound up taking two newbies to shoot, and then drove what seemed like a quardrillion miles doing home visits across three counties to help out our neighboring office, which is nearly immobilized by Covid.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

You should know better than to say that. We never ever ever say the S word at our job. Otherwise the whole city will show up and make you think it's S... lol!

Roscoe

Hi. It's snowing. I hate this stuff.
And I'm sitting in a Goodwill parking lot watching it snow while lou shops
Totally not my thing

The Purple Fuzzy

I still have ptsd (post traumatic snow disorder) from last year...

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 15, 2022, 11:53:18 PMI still have ptsd (post traumatic snow disorder) from last year...

PTSD... That's where you freak out when you see something pure white, like a glass of milk or a paper plate, and start softly muttering, "White... So white... Trapped in the white..." until somebody takes the glass away, right?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I have to say it: Season 3 kinda stinks.

Pandemic season 1 was good, back when it was still new and innovative. Season 2 was... okay, kind of more of the same. But now it's season 3 and we're still using the same plot lines over and over.

I feel like the writers blew their whole stash of ideas in season 1. Remember in 2020 how everything just kept coming at us until we were kind of numb? "Oh look, it's another new thing... Yeah, sure, that may as well happen." We had so many new things coming at us so fast that, as Ryan George put it, "You could set a whole state on fire and we won't be talking about it next week." But they wasted all their ideas in one big blast of a season, so now they have run out.

They should have saved the murder hornets and mystery seed packets from China for season 3. Those would have been good third season plot twists. But noooo, they wasted everything on the first season. Now they got nothing.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

:hi:
Well, despite two negative Covid tests, I'm still feeling rough. Fortunately we have shut down church until this coming Wednesday. I shared a post on the church fb page of one of my all time favorite speakers, Rev Victor Jackson. That man walks in a realm of the spirit that is amazing. Hopefully my people will watch that tonight. He is smooth preaching to me, I know that.

Got a text from a coworker. Another coworker felt bad Thursday, took a home test for Covid which was negative, and went to the health department. Yep, she's a positive today. We are off tomorrow, and I hope I'll feel better then. Slight head ache right now, as well as all the sinus junk.
I'm a whiner when I feel bad. :laughhard:

MelodyB

I have to return to work tomorrow.

And it's snowed here all day. It didn't stick all day, but just now when I let Oliver back in from when Justin let him out, there is snow on the porch!

Maybe they will shut down my clinic tomorrow cause of ice or something. One can only hope. 😉

mini

Good morning everyone!

We didn't have church yesterday, lots of snow (for us).  It was beautiful, and peaceful.  Went out for a late lunch, drove around a bit later, and generally had a relaxing day.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Hi. Wound up taking Nyquil and going to bed early for me. Woke up feeling much better. Still have a bit of a cough and my sinus' are raw from running so much. But, on the mend. I've got steak on the smoker and all is well.
I need to be out working on Sam in the shop. May wander out in a few minutes

The Purple Fuzzy

There was a beautiful full moon earlier. :)

MelodyB

Yesterday was stupid busy.

We shut the doors and stopped seeing new patients at 3:30, and STILL didn't leave till after 8 pm. Had a 5 hour wait and 45 people in the parking lot in their cars waiting at one point.

I'm so done with this mess.

In other news..been straightening up this morning before work. Anyone else do a pre-clean before the housekeepers come in to clean? They better do it right this time...last time they did a cruddy job and we complained. Haha.

Lynx

Isn't that like how you have to wash dishes before you put them in the dishwasher?

Also, what is a housekeeper? Us Tennessee hillbillies have never seen one.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Good morning. I woke up feeling somewhat better. Then, I got the text. One of our church folk went by church to pray on the way in. Surprise- water leak , this time in the ceiling. It didn't take much to isolate the issue. A hot water heater upstairs had began leaking badly and drowned the floor- which soaked through to the ceiling; which got the tiles in the foyer (old parquet style, we'd been planning to replace) soaked; which then leaked into -the sanctuary, soaking the carpet. I can't win for losing. Last week it was the urinal sticking, which with the rain,  dowsed the sanctuary carpet. Fixed that- and now this. Lord. Thankfully the insurance is sending a clean-up crew. Lord knows what this will cost before it's over.
Man, I wanna cry. I'm trying to GROW the church and modernize it, but every bit of time and resources is going to just keep it cleaned up and going.

Lynx

Well... Like an elderly man I know once said, "Don't count your raptors until they are hatched."

Of course at his age, and with his spunk, he might have been trying to say, "Don't just rap on a jerk's head when there is a perfectly good hatchet handy." But he explained that he watched Jurassic Park at an impressionable age, and what he meant was, "Don't try to anticipate how bad it's going to be until you find out how bad it will be, because the stress will tear your stomach up like a whole herd of raptors."

Sometimes I didn't understand what he said, but I sure got a kick out of hanging around him.

In the meantime, yay for insurance companies! Here's hoping they decide it was completely unavoidable and not at all your fault.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on January 18, 2022, 05:06:58 PMGood morning. I woke up feeling somewhat better. Then, I got the text. One of our church folk went by church to pray on the way in. Surprise- water leak , this time in the ceiling. It didn't take much to isolate the issue. A hot water heater upstairs had began leaking badly and drowned the floor- which soaked through to the ceiling; which got the tiles in the foyer (old parquet style, we'd been planning to replace) soaked; which then leaked into -the sanctuary, soaking the carpet. I can't win for losing. Last week it was the urinal sticking, which with the rain,  dowsed the sanctuary carpet. Fixed that- and now this. Lord. Thankfully the insurance is sending a clean-up crew. Lord knows what this will cost before it's over.
Man, I wanna cry. I'm trying to GROW the church and modernize it, but every bit of time and resources is going to just keep it cleaned up and going.

Gives a whole new meaning to "Thank the Lord for a praying church!" lol.. It stinks, I agree. Glad someone found it before things went too far bad.

@Work. Grocery shopped and meal planned for the week on my lunch break. By grocery shopped, I mean I loaded my cart with my items and selected a pickup slot. :) I have to get home in enough time to make mini cheddar meatloaves tonight, so hopefully all goes well with that pickup.