News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

I'm totally drained today. Guess all that scraping and scrubbing and that tumble in the mud took a toll on me.

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on September 23, 2022, 09:25:47 AMSo you know more about cars than most of us. Is there any justification for it? Is it the best way to balance the weight distribution in those designs?

Or is it just to make it harder for us to change the batteries ourselves, so we'll pay the dealership to do it?
I'm sure the legitimate justification is packing all of the required electronics for the luxuries expected in a high end car. Still makes it annoying if I'm working on it. LOL
Had the day off today. Went to the fall swap meet on PEtit Jean. Not alot there, but I did score somethng I needed. The '52 (Sam) was originally green, which I am painting now, with a cream colored dual pinstripe. Rounded a corner and a guy was selling pinstrips by the roll. I got 300 feet- enough to stripe 15 or 20 trucks- for $10. I put a small piece of the striping on a piece of scrap metal I've been using to set my paint gun u for spraying, just to see how it will look. Perfect. Exactly what I wanted.
Tomorrow, I have rare me time....Maybe a bit of sanding on the old truck and getting a bit more body work done on the cab.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

HI. Church tonight. Tired. Gonna rest tonight.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

The weeks go by fast, anymore. It's so nice in the mornings but still about 90* in the afternoon. I love the cooler weather but fall kinda makes me sad.

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 26, 2022, 09:11:15 PMThe weeks go by fast, anymore. It's so nice in the mornings but still about 90* in the afternoon. I love the cooler weather but fall kinda makes me sad.

You and Katy both.

https://www.gocomics.com/adamathome/2022/09/06
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Now that's a good one Isaac. Some folks look forward to fall but I miss the sun... not necessarily the terrible heat but the sun.

Roscoe

Morning. I'm mixed. Part of me wants the cooler weather despite being a heat lover. And part of me want the heat to stick around for another month or so, as it is better for my ongoing paint job on Sam....

Back at work. Plugging through the day. Ready for this weekend... which is a shame since it is technically my monday. :sadbounce:

Lynx

Same here. I w*rk Tuesdays through Saturdays, so my next weekend is a loooooong way off.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

We got to talk to two different sets of grandkids on FaceTime today. Sometimes technology is really nice.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 27, 2022, 04:54:26 AMNow that's a good one Isaac. Some folks look forward to fall but I miss the sun... not necessarily the terrible heat but the sun.

This is me. I hate winter because it's so dreary most days. The cold starts to get to me. My seasonal depression sets in. We'll see how I do this year since I'll be a newlywed. lol

We adopted a new kitten. Keko (my 12 yr old adoptee from last year) is not a fan LOL
But Binxy (the kitten) just wants her to love him so bad lol he's not even scared when she swings her paw at him.
He is a MENACE though. We've gone thru our entire set of sheets and comforters cus he's peed on our bed for two nights in a row now. He has pawed almost everything that will move off my desk. He keeps trying to jump from my desk to the fish tank to get at Rue (the fish), he's so rowdy!! Lord help me. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on September 28, 2022, 07:05:29 PMWe adopted a new kitten. Keko (my 12 yr old adoptee from last year) is not a fan LOL
But Binxy (the kitten) just wants her to love him so bad lol he's not even scared when she swings her paw at him.
He is a MENACE though. We've gone thru our entire set of sheets and comforters cus he's peed on our bed for two nights in a row now. He has pawed almost everything that will move off my desk. He keeps trying to jump from my desk to the fish tank to get at Rue (the fish), he's so rowdy!! Lord help me. lol
Coincidentally in one of the comics I follow, today's comic could have been about your two cats.

https://www.gocomics.com/breaking-cat-news/2022/09/28
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Morning. Day three of the week. Lord, this weekend is gonna be busy.....Trip to Eureka to sell a car, back home for a wedding that I really don't wanna perform, but have to; Church Sunday, and out of town prayer meeting/minister's meeting Monday. I'm ready to unplug for a bit...

Backseat Radio

Spent my day painting siding on 2 sides of my house.

The Purple Fuzzy

Sounds like you'll have sore arms, Tia. That's a job.

The Purple Fuzzy

Beautiful day today. I stopped at quite a few garage sales but didn't buy too much.

The Purple Fuzzy

I had a friend give us some deer meat, so I made chili. It was good.

Roscoe

Been none stop so far this weekend. Drove 3 hours to deliver the Miata to its new owne. Took in a Corvette show, rushed home and prepared for a wedding. Went to the wedding and preached/officiated it, back home. About to go to sleep...

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Yeah, jaw dropping time.

Apparently Chey liked the Corvette better...?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 02, 2022, 03:44:24 AMYou sold the Miata?
Yep. Trying to cut down on the number of vehicles here, (maybe). Also Chey didn't like the stickshift in the mornings, with all the traffic she has to deal with, and wanted an auto. For now, she gets to use the Corvette and I'm considering a Cadillac CTS or the like to replace it with.
I think the incident with the front tire on the Miata blowing a while ago spooked her- from that day onward, she did't seem to enjoy driving it.

Lynx

That... Could happen with any car.

But yeah, the stick shift in heavy traffic is more bother than an automatic. I can see that.

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

We went to see Chel today. It's always nice to get back home.

Roscoe

Shew, lawd I am tired. Been going all day. Got every bit of the woodwork done on the carport, ordered and paid for the metal roofing for it that should be in Friday. Got some stuff cleaned up in the yard. Little by little, it's coming along.

Roscoe

Y'all been quiet. At the middle of the week point. I'm considering taking a vacation day friday. Go pick up my roof material for the carport and prepare for a trip to Branson. Lou and Chey want to do some shopping with part of my bonus.
There's about 25 or 30 things I need to do, but I guess sometimes you need to set aside things and spend time with the family doing what they want.

The Purple Fuzzy

I wasn't really impressed with Branson.