News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

My son in law and 2 of my grand sons are here for a few days.

MsJennJenn

I dont wanna be back at work today.

Landlady has someone chopping down a dead pine tree in my yard today. One down 3 to gooooo hahaha.
I loathe those pine trees. The pine needles are awful year-round!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Back @work today.

Mom's still at my house but is leaving today. Jeremy's also flying back in today. His communication skills went downhill a little over his trip, so I'm not 100% sure, but I'm assuming he's on his flight and maybe even arrived back in our area soon. His original flight info said he would be back now. I'm hoping we can have a conversation about all the neat stuff he saw and did, since I didn't hear much about it while he was there.

I also really want some more rolled ice cream. It's super unhealthy but SOOO tasty!

I am tired.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on May 30, 2023, 11:56:37 AMUgh. At work, where I've discovered the agency's planned 30 minute upgrade of our main system was started at 430...and still is down.
I'm really regretting not taking off today.

Computer networks and church sound systems. Those two things can make a normally intelligent person look like a complete idiot, without warning, completely at random, for no apparent reason. My sympathy for the computer nerd who is trying to deal with it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Well. System is up. But some of the important buttons no worky. I hope they fix 'em soon. All in all, I was worried the upgrade would be a disaster- while I don't see a great improvement at least it's not a total destruction of what had worked well...
But I'm still ready to go home. :ugly:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

I had a good vacation last week.  Unfortunately went back to work with a nasty sinus infection :sick:

mini

Urgh.

Why do "short" work weeks that involve a holiday make the remaining 4 days seem so long?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Morning...
Back at work......steady as she goes...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on May 31, 2023, 12:31:54 PMUrgh.

Why do "short" work weeks that involve a holiday make the remaining 4 days seem so long?

AGreeeed. It's already wednesday but i feel so behind. I just need it to be Friday afternoon already.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Is it Friday yet????
Sheesh.
Back at the hostage situation, aka work. Dragging as usual, fortified by an Oreo Mocha Frappe, definitely NOT on the diet list. Totally over adulting in general.
I wanna go back to high school, but ONLY during the summer. I could really use that 3 months off. Why can't my job do that??
I went in, kissed my baby girl goodbye this morning while envying her ability to sleep all day if he wants.
She needs to go find her a summer job, to ease the pain on my wallet.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Hi. Busy day. Court...home visits...and I bought Lou a new clothes washer since hers died totally. Ready to start the weekend...

Backseat Radio

Been a good day for me.  Spent much of the day redoing the laptop displays since the reset for those came down.  Finally starting to get over this nasty sinus infection.

Roscoe

Hi. Spent the day tinkering with Chey's old Corvette and taking pics of her.  We are at least where she can have pics taken with it for her senior year. It's a 20/20 car- looks great from 20 feet at 20 mph.  :laughhard: 
Regardless, I think the kiddo is pleased.
chey-ttop-wave" border="0

chey-and-oscar" border="0
Brat.
Long, long way from perfect, but she likes it.
Now I'm laying in the recliner, tired and puny. Trying to get something together for tomorrow night.
I've made all of my girls happy this weekend. Lou got washer, curtains, and a new air fryer.
Chey's car  driveable.
Daisy and Bailey, the dogs have had chicken nugs and cuddles.
My bank account hurts. :lol:

Lynx

Chicken nuggets? Your dogs get chicken nuggets? Like, regularly?

I heard of one older couple in the checkout line at Walmart with three gallon-size tubs of ice cream. The wife told on her husband - "He gives our dogs ice cream every night, and if they don't get it they stand at the back door and whine."

My dog had a good week, but it's not regular. Aunt Diane's church did barbecued butt roasts, and multiple people I know bought one. So Monday the dog got the bone, skin and fat from my butt roast. Tuesday he got the leftovers from Anna, the lady who stays with Grandma while I'm at work. Wednesday he got uncle Fred's scraps.

Thursday he got dry dog food. He was not impressed.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

We need a new thread. I'm tired of seeing the "C" word in the title. ;)

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on June 04, 2023, 09:57:53 AMChicken nuggets? Your dogs get chicken nuggets? Like, regularly?

My Kitties loveeeee chicken nuggies lol

Quote from: Roscoe on June 01, 2023, 01:22:46 PMIs it Friday yet????

Also this still applies today lol  :sadbounce:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Our girl kitty has been sick pretty much all day Sunday. I'm taking her to the vet today at 1:30. I have a vehicle appointment at 4:30 to get an oil change and have them look at my brakes again to see how much it's going to cost me to have them repaired or replaced. Unsure how extensive the work will be.

Also.. my other tooth that didn't need a root canal last month, I'm going back to them tomorrow at 3pm to have them re-evaluate it because it is killing me like the other tooth did. I'm thankful I don't have to wait so long this time around.

We are also trying to get this house fixed up and in order. Athena (the dog) is coming home in about two weeks, and her trainers are supposed to come down as well to help train her and Jeremy together in her new environment. Jeremy will be gone for about 5 days with training up there and getting familiar with her.

I'm going to Arkansas for Fathers Day. Hoping I can relax a few days. haha..

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 05, 2023, 02:36:27 PMWe need a new thread. I'm tired of seeing the "C" word in the title. ;)

Started!!!  :thumbsup2:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe