News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

I ate 21 avocados in one week.

Even I gotta admit, that may be a bit much...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Lynx on April 15, 2024, 10:10:00 AMI ate 21 avocados in one week.

Even I gotta admit, that may be a bit much...
:o

:flush:

Roscoe

Morning. Been eventful weekend. Had one pray back through Sunday night, good church. Enjoyed company of a friend yesterday, got an encouraging telephone call, and now I'm back at work. Would prefer to be home, but it'll be ok.
Got a call last evening while I was headed to town- my assistant pastor informed me matter of factly, that he had been in a head on collision, and couldn't reach his wife to tell her. I sailed to the scene, then to the hospital.
He's okay but banged up. His new car, less than 5k miles, is a total. Dude was driving too fast, lost control on a curve and sideswiped the car ahead of Bro Clayton, then ricocheted into him head on. I fear that if the guy had not hit the first car, which took some of the energy out of the incident, it could have been very different. Thankful for God's hand.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Was a good weekend here.  My church hosted the ALJC Indiana Section 2 Youth Rally Saturday afternoon.  I was supposed to be the one running the ProPresenter. A friend that I invited showed up and wanted to be able to sit with me, so my Pastor booted me out of the media room and took over running the ProPresenter so I could be with my friend since it was his first time at my church.  I ended up getting quite a sunburn during the afterburner food and fellowship after the rally.

Sunday service were good. Had a lady get the Holy Ghost. I've been working with wearing headphones during church for the past few weeks to better tolerate the noise levels. Discovered during altar service that they help me tune out the distraction of folks wanting to pray with me so I can focus on praying.

I get my bikes back tonight.   :clap:
I'd sent my teen years bike to the shop to be resurrected from the dead. It had sat behind dad's house for over 10 years getting dirty, rusty. The seat was half eaten by some critter, the tires were tore up from the mud, and the shifter cables were wore out. The bike shop made it look new.  My newer bike I had cleaned and safety checked.

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on April 16, 2024, 07:28:17 PMSunday service were good. Had a lady get the Holy Ghost. I've been working with wearing headphones during church for the past few weeks to better tolerate the noise levels. Discovered during altar service that they help me tune out the distraction of folks wanting to pray with me so I can focus on praying.

You too? Some churches just have it TOO LOUD!

I got a pair of earplugs, cut them in half and colored the cut end with a black marker. Good sound protection, no questions from other church people. Nobody can see them.

Just in case you get tired of people looking at you funny for wearing headphones in church.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Lynx on Yesterday at 10:55:28 AMYou too? Some churches just have it TOO LOUD!

I got a pair of earplugs, cut them in half and colored the cut end with a black marker. Good sound protection, no questions from other church people. Nobody can see them.

Just in case you get tired of people looking at you funny for wearing headphones in church.

Not been able to find any in ear options that won't bother the pressure in my ears. Got any suggestions on ear plugs minus eardrum pressure?  Thankfully my church family and pastor is well aware of autism and sound sensitivity so they're not phased  by me wearing headphones in church. My Pastor's middle daughter wears them too sometimes.

Roscoe

Urgh. Work. Bible Study tonight. Feel sorta like a used battery. No zip to me at all.  :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison