News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Man. Everybody leave??? This place is like a tomb..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm here. Still getting ready for Thanksgiving.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

@Work. Sleepy, very sleepy. Apparently my medications were keeping me wired the last 10 days, or at least more wired than normal. I took my last antibiotic yesterday morning, and was very sleepy by 9pm. I had to stay up later because I promised to switch over my husband's work laundry. I wish I hadn't promised, because he waited waaaay too late to even put it in. So.. I lost about half hour of sleep waiting on that to finish so I could put it in the dryer. (Yes, we do go to sleep with our dryer running. I never let either run when we aren't home, but for some reason - I don't worry as much about it when we are sleeping. If I give it too much thought, it makes me nervous too.)

Only today and tomorrow left for work this week. Visitation is Friday night and the funeral is Saturday. Dropping them some dinner and some pick-me-ups off tonight at their house. I feel badly for not being able to go be with them due to COVID quarantine they are in. Hopefully the movies and snacks will help them over the next few days. I made special cookies (s'more chocolate chip cookies & sugar cookie vanilla icing sandwiches) for the girls. Going to grab some chips to add and then of course grabbing their dinner tonight as well. We won't be able to be with them on Thanksgiving, so I'm hopeful the Christmas movies will lighten their moods just a hair. Thankful that they did not have to wait super long to bury him, because I feel like.. the funeral really starts your healing period. You don't feel like limbo is continuing forever. That's at least how I have felt in the past personally.

I'm really hopeful that I'll be able to see my family at Christmas. I miss my mom & dad. Phone is good, but I wish I could hug. I need their hugs.

Roscoe

Thank God it is my "Friday"
 Ready for those four days off. We got a gully washer of a rain last night.
 We'd scheduled our midweek service for last night so we wouldn't be rushing folk who have Thanksgiving plans. Of course, my Wednesday night/Sunday School teacher couldn't make it (he owns a bread route, and holidays puts him working 20 hour days, nearly). This I found out at 330 yesterday. I work until 430....church at 730. "Be instant in season and out of season" I guess. Went, and figured I speak briefly on Thanksgiving. Wound up expounding a bit and 11 minutes turned to 25 or so.
We had possibly the lowest attendance that I can remember in a long while- about 17 if my count was right. So many people sick, and I'm afraid that the online livestream is a double edged sword. Yes, it gets us out to more people than formerly would have heard the Word, but I fear some less developed church members are seeing it as a perfectly acceptable substitute for attending. I think it is needed to some extent, but on the other hand, once Covid is behind us I don't know how happy I will be with keeping it going.
 But, we are planning on a purchase before long of camera equipment and laptop for the sound booth to integrate with the sound system, but to be honest, as much as it is needed, I'm kinda lost on what to get. Looked at a GoPro, and am digging for other options as well. I really want to be able to livestream with good audio quality and no lagging, and be able to record sermons and songs and save to a hard drive. For years we recorded on cassettes and I've got tons of messages from old voices in my life available on that medium. I'd like to save some of today's voices for the future too..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

I'm still here.  Got word today that my mother now has covid.   

Went to the bank today to make a house payment and their computer system kept telling them the payment was more than what was owed and wouldn't accept the payment so they had to put a call in to the loan department.  I have to drag myself out of bed early Friday morning to go back to the bank to try again on the loan payment.  My car sputtering and dying in the bank's drive thru didn't help matters.  Had to left foot break and keep a foot on the gas to coax the car back home.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 25, 2020, 03:50:09 PMFor years we recorded on cassettes and I've got tons of messages from old voices in my life available on that medium. I'd like to save some of today's voices for the future too..
It's easier than you think.

Requirements:
 - computer
 - cassette player with headphone port
 - cable to connect them
 - Audacity (freeware) audio editor

The cable looks like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Extension-Braided-Zerist-Tangle-Free-Headphones/dp/B07QF1VRPB/
You can get one at your local Walmart in the electronics section for about five bucks.

You can get Audacity here:
https://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/

Connect the audio cable to the cassette player at one end and your computer's microphone port at the other end. Hit "Record" in Audacity. Start the tape playing. When the tape is done, hit "Stop" in Audacity and go to File/Export to save it as a wav. audio file.

When it is recording it will look like this:
https://www.audacityteam.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Theme_Light.png

That blue part is a visual representation of the audio, in sound waves.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

If you want I can walk you through it on the phone. I'm free most nights from 5pm to 8pm CST.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Headed home from seeing all the kiddos. Ready to be there.

Roscoe

:hi:
Ate all day yesterday. Worked for a bit on Sam. Got up today, went and picked up a few things I needed, and took Lou and Chey to dinner. Came home and spent some quality time with Sam. There is now a nice new floor in the passenger side- I still have one more tiny patch to install on the kick panel, and some joint sealer on the junction of two panels. My goal this week was to get at least one side installed, so I think I'm good on that since it's pretty much done.
 I may even get the driver's side done too.
It turned into more of a job than I expected, as usual.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:
 Been quiet.... Slept alot lately. Tonight, I went to church, preached what I felt was a stinker, and wound up counseling a young man in my church over martial problems.  Sometimes, I love people, but I honestly don't know how to fix 'em. I just give the advise I think is common sense, pray for God's guidance.
Dreading work tomorrow...

Backseat Radio

I got called in to work this morning on my day off after the gal that opens called off sick

The Purple Fuzzy

My step sister & her mom both tested positive for Covid.

Lynx

So about an hour ago my brain said, "Hey! So.... what you wanna do now?"

Go back to sleep.

"Sleep? We just did that! Let's do something else now."

The rest of the conversation was just my brain talking to itself and ignoring everything I said.

So here I am. Howdy y'all.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Good morning everyone  :hi:

I'd rather go back to bed for a few hours but I'm scheduled an earlier shift today

Roscoe

:hi: Morning, all. Fuzzy, that's terrible, hope they recover quickly. BSR, I hate being called in. So glad that is rare for me now.
I am at work, thankful for His mercies, one of which include coffee and donuts, which I need this morning.

Nelle

Lynx

My dog got off his run. Again.

If you ever need to train for a chess tournament, get an Australian Shepherd. He'll give you all the tactical training you need.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Morning everyone.  At work.

I would rather be hibernating.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

You and my dog both. He was extremely reluctant to leave his dog house today. he didn't want to come out until it is as warm out here as it is in there.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I think I rather be alot of places than where I am. It was 19 degrees here....and I'm in court via Zoom. The judge is retiring, and today is the last time I will  be before her. I am grateful. She is a wolverine in a robe.
The jail ticked her off by not knowing how to mute their mic; and then didn't have the sense to be quiet...then an offender appeared by Zoom, and ticked her off, then admitted being on parole. Wolverine then asked me about her status on parole- to my surprise she is a flippin' absconder from Conway..Judge was livid but couldn't lay hands on her because of Zoom.

Nelle

Sounds like a FB video.. lol.

@Work. Got sick last night, but feel great finally this morning. :D

Lynx

That sounds like an episode of that judge Judy show my grandmother used to watch.

I always got the impression the main character of that show was paid by the insult.
"Do you sing at church?"