News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm not caring for this 30s weather too much...

MsJennJenn

Me either. I hate winter. My seasonal depression is super strong.
I've napped from 8-9p both last night and the night before. Just can't seem to stay awake.

Off to Indiana 21st - 2nd for Christmas and New Years. Gonna be colder there.
Honestly not overly looking forward to that either. I wish I could stay home by myself w/out Mom being here for 2 weeks. I would be in heaven.

I know I should make the best of her being here cus once she's moved to Indiana I will rarely see her.
But I'm just sooo overwhelmed with her being here in my space. In my me time. In my zone. It's draining the life out of me.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi:.
My seasonal depression- I guess I didn't really think of it that way- has been strong too. I always attribute it to the fact that my mother passed in September, Dad in November, and Dad's birthday is in December...I ALWAYs feel drained this time of year. Add to the fact that my work generally picks up during this time of year, My savings/reserves for the year are beginning to go away, and I am generally a grinch at best.
 Oh, and I hate the cold nasty weather we have. As in it is COLD outside today.
Not planning to leave the house much the rest of the year. We will do church.... and I'll work three days next week to go with the rest of this week, then I'm off. I intend to accomplish NOTHING.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Urgh. Morning. Coffee. Must have coffee to human today. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Indiana isn't that cold yet. We got our first snow of the season yesterday and a bunch of idiots forgot how to drive on the stuff over the summer.

Lynx

Yeah that sounds about right.

Quote from a friend in Montana: "It snowed last night so this morning a bunch of people got in their cars and drove around to see if it was really as bad as the folks on the radio said it was, and succeeded in welding their cars into one big strip of metal nine blocks long."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Well. Today was a sorry example of a day. :pound:
First got the call Sis Wilson was taken to the hospital with difficulty breathing...they wound up sending her home, said she *might* have covid, to quarantine.
Then one of my "rock" saints called- he'd tested positive for Covid- he's 70 ish and has diabetes, so this isn't optimal.  And they count his wife as a positive without a test since he lives with her. Before I could stop reeling from that, another church member, kin to them, calls- yep. They too are positive. And then, Lou calls. She has had a cough for a while, as have I , but figured it was just a cold, no fevers, ect. Last night, she had said she had difficulty catching her breath but over the years this has happened a couple of times, so really no concern. Well, she coughed one time too much at work and they sent her to test. Surprised her and everyone- she's positive. So now we are quarantined for 14 days. The health department told me they considered me and Chey a positive, since we lived with her, no need to test, I had to quarantine for 14 days. Gonna be a long two weeks.... may God keep our symptoms mild.

Lynx

May God keep your symptoms mild and your brain from racing too much.

Maybe a good time to fire up the ole shortwave radio again.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

@Work again. I'm sleepy.

Hopefully you guys can just get some well needed rest and only have zero-to-mild symptoms.

USPS announced that they would be delivering packages on Christmas Day. Thankfully Jeremy's family's main shindig is on Christmas Eve so he won't have to miss Christmas festivities completely (if he gets off in time). He was already going to miss Christmas in Arkansas with my family (providing I still get to go..) since he has to work the day after Christmas. I am hopefully staying Friday-Sunday, and possibly going back the next weekend ThursPM - Sunday. Crossing my fingers!

Roscoe

:hi:
I'm gonna run outta internet before this is over. :-?
I wish now I'd bought the few cans of paint I'd need for Sam's cab. At least I coulda got that done. :pound:

Lynx

I would say you could order paint online, but under the current circumstances it will get there after your quarantine is over. Doesn't matter who is shipping it... The post office, fedex, UPS, they are all more backed up than a man on an all cheese diet.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 18, 2020, 07:35:11 PMI would say you could order paint online, but under the current circumstances it will get there after your quarantine is over. Doesn't matter who is shipping it... The post office, fedex, UPS, they are all more backed up than a man on an all cheese diet.
Yeah- I've got several things ordered. UPS is usually the fastest..but I'm figuring not this time.

Roscoe

Figured I'd check in. Day three. I'm bored. I've ran out of internet twice. Went out and cleaned on the shop some. Moved Sam and Rusty, blew off the driveway. Lou is fighting the idea of staying in the bedroom, she's going stir crazy.
Her coughing is getting better. She still has no taste and has a headache.
I've still got the occasional cough I've had for months. Taste- kind. I can tell sour from sweet, sorta taste my grape juice, but that's it. Sinus are still draining.
A coworker of mine texted, she tested positive yesterday. No idea if she caught it from us, from her second job at the hospital, or if we caught from her. There's really no way to tell....
This mess needs to go.
On the bright side, Bro Robert in my church is doing better and Sis Wilson shows some improvement..

The Purple Fuzzy

Fed X is running 7 days a week. We got a pkg today.

Nelle

@Work. Only thing getting me through these few days is the fact that I'm still planning on seeing my mom and dad this weekend!! I am planning on driving down Friday morning when Jeremy leaves for work.. unless I'm wide awake on Christmas Eve after his family's time. If I am, I might drive down that night and surprise my family haha. 

I did that one year. I went down early without telling them the truth.. and even had to tell a small lie about 45 minutes away. I knocked on their door and Mom was shocked. I cried. We're ridiculous. LOL.

I slept pretty well apparently last night.. not the best sleep ever, but better than I've had lately. I only got two presents wrapped over the weekend, but I told my husband that it still beats his 0 wrapped. haha..

Backseat Radio

Tis the busiest week of the year for retail. I'm hosting family Christmas at my house Wednesday since my brother works on Christmas day and mom and I work Christmas Eve past when my brother needs to sleep. Mom works in the morning on Wednesday but I'm off so I can have everything ready for the rest to just show up and have a good time in the afternoon.

Roscoe

Be careful, Nelle. Arkansas is an exploding mess re:coronavirus.  Another coworker tested positive..
Had to take Lou to the ER. She was having trouble breathing. They gave her a steroid shot and some inhalers. She says this is the worst thing she's ever had.
Me, paranoid as ever, but honestly no other symptoms yet. Don't feel 100%, but to be honest I haven't in several months. Checking O2 with pulsometer found on my smart phone shows O2 states in the upper 90s, nearing 100 so I guess I'm ok.
Chey has a slight cough too.
And Sam's stuff came in. I now have a floor pad, floor mat, and new pedal pads and kick panels installed. Now, we shall see if the paint comes in for the interior of the cab....

Lynx

Yesterday I managed to pull a joke on a manager. I walked up with a serious look on my face (yes, I CAN do serious, thank you!) and said, "Something that may be a problem... I'm not scheduled to do transition Friday, and nobody else is scheduled to cover it."

She said, "Friday? Yes you are!" as though she thought I was kidding.

"No I'm not, and nobody else is covering it either."

"Wait... Friday? Nobody is working Friday..."

"I know. That's the whole point of this joke."

"You little..."
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on December 21, 2020, 11:01:00 PMBe careful, Nelle. Arkansas is an exploding mess re:coronavirus.  Another coworker tested positive..
Had to take Lou to the ER. She was having trouble breathing. They gave her a steroid shot and some inhalers. She says this is the worst thing she's ever had.
Me, paranoid as ever, but honestly no other symptoms yet. Don't feel 100%, but to be honest I haven't in several months. Checking O2 with pulsometer found on my smart phone shows O2 states in the upper 90s, nearing 100 so I guess I'm ok.
Chey has a slight cough too.
And Sam's stuff came in. I now have a floor pad, floor mat, and new pedal pads and kick panels installed. Now, we shall see if the paint comes in for the interior of the cab....

I know! I'm not planning on leaving the home when I get there, haha. That's what we did in July. I have to go though even if just to drop off presents and reinforcements. I'm taking them a stash of Lysol and wipes for the house. I told Mom to let me know ASAP if they need TP or paper towels because I have some I can bring too, haha. 5 adults in the house.. things get scarce quickly! LOL..

Glad your wife was able to get some medicine to help out. And thankful you're still asymptomatic. Hopefully your baby girl stays well and no further infection!

@Work.

The Purple Fuzzy

It was so nice here yesterday. In the lower 70s. Supposed to be about the same today. :)

Roscoe

Was beautiful here yesterday too. Looks like it might be today as well....Lou woke up, no coughing and feeling much better. No coughing here either. Maybe this mess is behind us....

Lynx

In local news: Everything plumbing related was at slow-flow here. The guy with the big pumping truck came by yesterday and pumped out the septic tank. Now it's a lot easier to go with the flow.

My uncle Fred's expert analysis: "You're full of poop."

My reply: "Yes, we frequently are."
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Rainy today. Not beautiful. But thank God we are doing much better. Plan to spend some time in the shop tomorrow if I have the energy. That's about the only thing that makes me think I had the stuff too. Ten minutes' of movement and I'm winded.