News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

From recent experience I suggest grinding up a few ripe serrano peppers and throwing into the sauce. That will spice it up!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi:
Slogging through the work day.
Nelle, I found a bottled BBQ sauce that is amazing on pork. Head Country makes an Apple-Habanero BBQ sauce. Sweet, with a hint of heat, it is perfect. It's replaced Sweet Baby Ray's in my cabinet.

It is beautiful out here. I almost wanna move my desk outside..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

I ended up using one of my husband's stash of Buffalo Wild Wings sauces (Honey BBQ). It has just a hint of heat spice while still being sweet. The apple and habanero mix sounds good. My tongue/mouth can't handle too much spice these days, but I do love just a bit, haha.

@Work. Hoping Jeremy's work car gets fixed today so I won't have to work late tomorrow night. He's off today so it's no big deal today. Crossing my fingers!

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

All is somewhat right with the world. Mcdonald's has McRibs again. I DO love me some mystery meat slathered in BBQ...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

I had one the other day.  3rd or 4th one I have ever had in my life.

I dont mind them, but man, do they ever taste like some kind of mystery meat they served in the school lunch program.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Still @work. Waiting on word from the automotive place. Reaaaaally hoping they finish today.

I have WONDERFUL news on a different front. I looked through my old posts and don't see that I shared anything about the prayer need, BUT I had people off-the-net praying for the need. I don't think I heard about the need until after I was off work last week. Anywho.. Jeremy's friend who actually got him into the USPS train of thought told him over the weekend that his niece was found unconscious/unresponsive in her dorm room. They did a spinal tap and tests and figured out she had bacterial meningitis (B, I believe) which have horrible odds for recovery. We have been praying for her over the weekend at our church and in our own family. She had a severe seizure this morning and BOOM - She woke up! He sent a video earlier today of the staff getting her out of bed to walk using a walker. I mean.. from very little odds of life to WALKING after a diagnosis like that. God did that!

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

GrumpyBear

Roscoe's Daughter
Daddy's Girl<3
Spending dad's money on cars, guns, and clothes since 2006;)

Roscoe

Morning all. At work. My Friday as I have to take off tomorrow to get my stiches out.
I'm glad. Of both the stich removal and the fact it is Friday. I  need it. LOL

As usual I am dragging and  God's grace , with a nice iced coffee is all that has me functioning right now.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on December 09, 2020, 05:24:30 PM:hi:
All is somewhat right with the world. Mcdonald's has McRibs again. I DO love me some mystery meat slathered in BBQ...

It is not meat, mystery or otherwise. Show me any kind of meat that rubbery. It is cream of chitlins, pressed into a patty. I know because I handle it when it is raw.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Went and got the stiches out today. Came home, put a pot roast on to smoke and let it smoke all day and did a bit more work on Sam. Tomorrow- trip to the mountain to get my chow chow, paint the aforementioned Sam work with bed liner, and possibly grocery shop before my study time..
And, it's raining. And they are talking snow is possible the first of the week. Really not a fan of winter, even now.

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm not a fan of those mountain roads... especially in winter.

Backseat Radio

Christmas season is wearing me out. About all I've got done at work today is trim and package Christmas cards, make canvases, and put new ink cartridges in the photo lab printers.

Roscoe

It is cold and nasty out. Sleet and rain. Between this and sickness, along with Covid issues, we only had like 18 people there. Folks, I am simply wore to a nub and look forward to Christmas vacation.

Roscoe

Dragging today. Woke up at 330. Prayed, couldn't go back to sleep. Coffee is all that has me awake right now.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on December 14, 2020, 01:27:53 AMIt is cold and nasty out. Sleet and rain. Between this and sickness, along with Covid issues, we only had like 18 people there. Folks, I am simply wore to a nub and look forward to Christmas vacation.
Here, you will probably enjoy this.

https://christianchat.com/christian-singles-forum/covid-christmas-carols.196089/

If we made an album of these songs, I bet it would sell better than Mark Lowry's "heartwarming songs for nuclear winter."
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

mini

Nelle

Back @Work. I think we need our union to institute a Christmas break. It would be amazing.

My poor husband. His old postmaster never submitted his paperwork to become a regular. They even had a whole meeting welcoming him as a regular on the 5th. I don't even understand how no one realized there was zero paperwork filed.. until almost two weeks after declaring him regular. Like.. I can't even comprehend that level of failure. His union president is IRATE as are we, haha. They have to get it resolved today or tomorrow or he will go on his craft break. Good thing is that.. if that DOES happen - they're going to file a grievance and he would end up getting paid for the time he was off on his craft break. (FYI - craft break is a period of five days (including Sunday) that you are mandated to be a "non-employee" of the USPS. That's how they keep what they classify as a part timer to be an actual part timer. They're only allowed to be employed for so many consecutive days.) I can't roll my eyes hard enough about the situation and they made my hubby sad. LOL. I'm not a mom, but I know what a mama bear feels like when it comes to protecting my husband and my parents, and well.. pretty much anyone I really care about.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Work. Got a call last night from my 80 year old adopted second mom who really uplifted me. Took some Nyquil and laid down. woke up at 3, as par for the course lately. I said" Not tonight devil- God you gonna have to talk". LOL. Went right back to sleep and didn't know a thing until Lou woke me at 7:15. I was nearly late because of it.
Nyquil has, as usual, given me a tad bit of a hangover for lack of a better term.
I've been dragging the past several weeks. Not enough to consider myself in need of Covid tests, but I guess it's the winter crud and the "blahs".

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

He didn't mention it yesterday so I assume it wasn't corrected yesterday. They have until 4:15pm today to fix it.

Don't get me wrong - I'm 100% sure he will thoroughly enjoy his five days off to play his gaming stuff, haha. It's just frustrating that it's taking so long to do something that should've been done 6 months ago.