Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 01, 2020, 06:59:49 PMThat sounds like an episode of that judge Judy show my grandmother used to watch.

I always got the impression the main character of that show was paid by the insult.
This heifer makes Judge Judy look polite...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

And I survived the day. Off tomorrow- have to be in Conway at 730 to have that spot on my neck cut out. Not looking forward to it. I hope I can make it to church tomorrow night- a friend told me I'd be real sore.
It's cold out here too... I was going to fire up the heat and work a bit on Sam, but I think he will wait until the weekend.
And  this Daddy's heart is proud. I'm sitting quietly in the living room- Chey is in her bedroom working on homework. I begin to hear music- Chey has the Hinson's playing "The Lighthouse" and is singing along...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

I'm heading out car shopping today since my Dodge Stratus is running on borrowed time now.  Hoping to find a bigger vehicle since I weigh a lot more than I did when I bought the Stratus 10 years ago.

Roscoe

:hi:
Home from the doctor. Good words- the tests on all the spots they tested were negative for cancer. They removed the skin cancer on my neck- I wound up with 12 stitches. The procedure was mostly pain free, just uncomfortable, but my neck is now pretty sore with the local anesthetic wearing off.
Instead of returning to work, I did as I told my boss and took the day off. Why have 700+ hours of sick time and not use it?
I'm now laying in my recliner resting for once.

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

Been a busy day for me.  I'm now the owner of a gold colored 2009 Chevy Cobalt LT.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on December 02, 2020, 05:57:16 PMI'm now laying in my recliner resting for once.
Just be glad your neck is not where the dog has a habit of curling up when you get in the recliner.

Uncle Fred got both knees replaced early this year. He had a hard time with his dog, who never did get clear on which knee to walk around on the way from the floor to his lap. And heaven help him if somebody knocked on the door and the dog jumped up and started barking. The dog always bounded across the sore knee.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

@Work, but only for about 28 minutes longer.

Cannot wait to go home. Last night was a fiasco in grocery pickup and ended up not getting home until about 8 or so. Had to cook/eat dinner and got zero things done. I need to do some laundry tonight and dishes!

Roscoe

Huh. Meant to post earlier, apparently I didn't. My day started by being late for work due to sitting in traffic for 45 minutes because of an accident on the river bridge. Then at lunch, I ran home and put chicken breasts, cheese, cream of mushroom, and cream of chicken soup in the crock pot. Made for a tasty supper.
Too cold to tinker in the shop, and I had to cook, so nothing got done out there. This weekend though...I'll fire up the heat and spend some time in peace.
My neck is sore as a risin' as the old folks used to say around here. I'm being a baby and whining about it every time I have a chance.:lol:

Backseat Radio

I finally got the insurance info for my new car so I can go to the bmv and get plates for it  :clap:

mini

For you old timers around here...I had a flashback moment today to our beloved Newsman.

Roscoe and I met John one day for lunch at a Golden Corral.  We ate, laughed, ate, grossed a few Arkansans out, ate, and laughed some more.

As we left that day, I hopped in the car with Roscoe, and we started backing out.  As soon as our doors cleared the truck next to us, Newsman jumped out and started singing in a very loud falsetto and dancing to a song.  Shocked us so bad we just stopped with our mouths hanging open and started laughing.  We laughed about that moment forever...

Fast forward to the summer before Newsman passed away.  I preached at his church, and mentioned at the end of my sermon that I hated a certain Christmas song, but refused to mention what one.  As soon as church was done, Newsman cornered my son and wormed the hated song out of him.

From that point on, he would randomly send me that hated song...lol  Matter of fact, his last post to me on Facebook was that song.

This morning, I am headed to work and that song comes on, sang by the artist he was dancing to in the parking lot of Golden Corral.  I had to laugh.  Im sure he would have appreciated the irony.

I miss that joker.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Sounds like you might've received a holiday greeting from your friend this year anyway. :) Love memories that make us smile.

@Work. One hour remaining! I need a nap.

Roscoe

Man, I miss Newsman. He was a true friend, and I loved the dude.
I've spent all day running the roads checking on offenders. Looking forward to a weekend that I don't have to do anything other than study for Sunday service...

The Purple Fuzzy

Making gumbo. These crazy Cajuns think you need potato salad with gumbo. That is just so weird to me.

Lynx

Well even if you don't need to, you still could... I mean, there's always room for a good batch of potato salad. :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Personally, I think potato salad is about the only way you can ruin potatoes. ;)

Lynx

o.O

Potato salad is a wonderful thing. At least here it is.

Maybe y'all down in Texas use a different recipe.

Now that stuff in a tub at the supermarket... that is not real potato salad. Every store bought potato salad I have ever tried had a sickly taste that was just plain NASTY! Maybe it's some kind of preservative they put in it.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Hm. There's a store brand of white potato salad I kinda like, even though it is nothing like what my mama made. I can take or leave potato salad though.
 I intended to do nothing much today. Intentions were fulfilled. Went to town, came home, then went to Petit Jean and ordered a case of my chow chow. I got six jars at the end of October, and I'm down to about half a jar. Apparently I put that stuff on more than I thought.
I had good intentions of possibly tinkering with Sam but after busting the healing spot on my arm open, I decided it better wait. I sure don't want to burst the area on my neck with the stiches open.
I DIdD get the plywood cutouts of M&M characters in holiday dress put up though. It's kind of a tradition here now. At least I'm not the only grinch of the neighborhood now. I may put up the Christmas village tomorrow. Maybe.

Roscoe

Christmas village put up. Went to church, preached. Came home. Dreading tomorrow already..

Lynx

Whew!

I set out to make a batch of hot pickled eggs for uncle Fred for Christmas. I included serrano peppers. I figured if they didn't give the eggs any heat, at least he would have some pickled peppers to go with his eggs.

Just now I pulled a jar out and cautiously sampled some of the juice... hmm, pepper flavor but no heat, even for me. I'm allergic to pain, so if it was at all hot I would have tasted it.

Maybe the heat's all still in the pepper? Pull one out and nibble on it... yeah, there's heat in that for sure!

Let's try an egg.

Now my lips are burning and I'm wishing we had some milk to drink. HOW does heat get in the eggs without being in the juice? Do eggs absorb capiscum?

Also the eggs are for some reason a shade of pink. But they taste just the way I wanted. Exactly what I wanted... and I'm never, ever eating one again.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

We always have potato salad when we have gumbo (we have two LA transplants who make it all) plus jambalaya PLUS beignets!! I use the potato salad to cool my mouth a little if we get the other too hot, haha. We also do the 'egg drop' into the gumbo.  I wish we could have some soon. Things have been a little crazy since we all talked about it.

@work.

Roscoe

:hi:. At work as well. Really think I'm going to take 4 days vacation between Christmas and New Year, and thereby get 13 days straight off. I was not going to, but I've Got 230 hours of vacation time....using 32 hours won't kill me and it'd be nice to have the time off.

mini

I should do that, but I usually wind up taking a few days off at Thanksgiving.

Im here at work.  Thats about it.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

I couldn't resist. After posting that, I put in for and had approved, time off. I miscalculated- it'll be 11 days off, not 13, but still- a nice break.Came home, worked a bit more on Sam, came in and am trying to decide what to eat. I ate one lonely chicken breast for lunch, that's it. I'm starving.

Nelle

@Work. Trying really hard not to be jealous of you Roscoe haha.

We had leftover boneless porkchops that I baked on Sunday. We have like four left. Tonight I'm going to try it with some spicy BBQ sauce. A restaurant up here has a porkchop meal and they have a super amazing spicy BBQ sauce that I always eat with it. Since that restaurant hasn't opened up yet since their fire damage earlier this year, I'll have to settle for my homemade knockoff, haha.