News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

That's not good, Tia. Hope you feel better soon.

Roscoe

Yes....I hope you feel better soon.

Hi, all. Back at work. Coffee is surly the right hand of the Lord on a morning like this. Because the original Chinese disease, Dragon Tail, has attacked me...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: I'm not a coffee drinker but probably should be.

Nelle

@Work.

Curiously awaiting the news conference today from our governor. Some are saying our second lock-down announcement is coming today.  Last lock-down didn't affect me except for church being online instead of in-person. I still was able to work every single day. I'm hopeful that remains the same this time. I've been trying very diligently to spend only where we need to do so, and to also pay down some debt. Would be nice to be able to keep working on that path.

Roscoe

I suspect we will see lockdown request- our governor never formally issued a lockdown, but really leaned  on everyone about it. Our number are climbing- like a thousand cases a day. :sadbounce:
Our boss told us the other day she expects our offices will be shut down by January, due to Covid. She said to plan on working from home most days, like we did before.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

I'm on lunch and feeling much better today than I did yesterday.  Shut downs seems to have little effect on Walmart since we're deemed as a necessary business.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 17, 2020, 06:29:37 PMI suspect we will see lockdown request- our governor never formally issued a lockdown, but really leaned  on everyone about it. Our number are climbing- like a thousand cases a day. :sadbounce:
Our boss told us the other day she expects our offices will be shut down by January, due to Covid. She said to plan on working from home most days, like we did before.
You dreading w*rk-from-home or eagerly anticipating? I have a bet with myself which one it is... :p

Also, does that negate home visits? Or do you just holler to them from the driveway?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Our home visits have already been reduced to verifying the residence exists (you'd be surprised at folks that give a fake address) and leaving notes on doors.
I wouldn't be too distressed over working from home- I'll fire up the shop heater and go to work on more of the restoration work on Sam and on Chey's 'vette, and answer the phone as it comes.
But the governor said today during his weekly address that he didn't "see changing state employee's schedules at this time" so it might not get shut down at all. However, we are averaging 800-1300 new cases a day, and if that continues, I don't think they'll have much choice, despite everyone I know yelling about "mah freedom" in regards to masks and shutdowns. And with Thanksgiving coming up, I'm sure there'll be another spike, because I KNOW alot of folks who intend to have their family get togethers regardless.

Roscoe

Urgh. At work. Coworkers are loud. People are too people-y this morning. I am not a fan. Take off at 11, gotta go to the dermatologist to have this spot on my arm checked out. I'd lie if I said I wasn't a tad concerned..

Nelle

@Work.

We were moved to Tier 3, not a Stay at Home order. Basically - Limit your time spent out of the house, but it isn't a stay at home order. Don't go to certain places unless you HAVE to. Some stuff will close but nothing that affects your main lifestyle (unless that's your job). Industry, grocery, etc. all still open, some with limited capacities. They're wanting us to "zoom" Thanksgiving.

This year was supposed to be my Arkansas Thanksgiving year, but I think I'm going to have to switch years with IL this year. Unfortunately, even his family wants to still all get together (which also includes friends of the family). I'm uncomfortable with it, but I don't really get a choice without causing a scene. Hopefully no one else gets sick.

Backseat Radio

I worked a few hours on my day off to help my department get caught up on the mess in the backroom since our department manager who usually does the backroom is off sick.

Backseat Radio

My brother tested positive this morning.  :sadbounce:   Really hoping my mother doesn't get the virus.  She's already got autoimmune issues and limited lung capacity.

Lynx

Just so y'all know, on any phone that is running Android 8 or later, you can set Skype to automatically answer video calls.

This is important in 2020, because if a loved one cannot have visitors for covid reasons, you can ask a nurse to set a smartphone in the corner of the room so y'all can at least talk. This is especially important for elderly people stuck in a nursing home who can no longer have visitors. The person stuck in the nursing home doesn't even have to push a button to answer the call.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

We found out last night that our pastor (Jeremy's uncle) had tested positive for COVID. Jeremy got tested this morning due to close proximity to him at the board meeting & church service on Sunday. I'm at work just trying to get everything done that I can just in case Jeremy's test comes back positive and we have to quarantine.

This morning we received messages that Rex had gone critical and they were trying to get him to Carbondale (heart hospital as well as a larger hospital compared to our town's) but could not due to his oxygen. They had to take him to the local hospital. Within the half hour of us receiving those messages, Rex passed away. He had many other issues going on physically with his health, and unfortunately for us, I guess God's timing had come. Please be in prayer for his wife, children, grandchildren, extended families, and of course - our church & section. He is also our section presbyter. This is going to be a huge change for all involved since he was so involved at so many levels.

Roscoe

Oh wow, Nelle. That was incredibly fast. :sadbounce:
Will be praying.

And will be praying for your family too, BSR.
I haven't had time to check in here today. They took four biopsy's yesterday and I felt like I'd fallen off a Harley at speed today.
 Majorly busy, as is usual this time of year.

Lynx

Have you ever done that, falling off a motorcycle while going at full speed? I hear the secret to survival is to wear enough clothing to protect your skin until you slide to a stop, and rotate your body so the clothing wears off evenly as you slide.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

In local news I made a pot of chili with seven pounds of sausage and twelve cans of kidney beans. Y'all come on over for a good chili dinner.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on November 20, 2020, 11:10:37 AMHave you ever done that, falling off a motorcycle while going at full speed? I hear the secret to survival is to wear enough clothing to protect your skin until you slide to a stop, and rotate your body so the clothing wears off evenly as you slide.

I've never fallen off a Bike, per se, but I HAVE laid down a Harley at 45 mph and walked away from it. Or limped away, rather. Couldn't feel my right shin for about 6 months or so, guess there was some nerve damage.
 In that situation, you really can't "rotate your body"- you're just along for the ride, as it were, and pray for the best. I always wore leather chaps and a jacket most time, and of course a helmet.

Morning all. At work. Gotta dash to Conway and qualify three officers that were out last month. I do NOT plan on doing a whole lot today.

The Purple Fuzzy

I might go see if there are any garage sales today since the weather is still nice.

Backseat Radio

My mother tested negative for the virus

Roscoe

Got the officers qualified, and did a bit of errand running. Comfortable, but overcast here today. I'm going to try to make myself do some work this weekend, if I can get motivated.

Roscoe

Y'all got quiet today. I slept in, drove Sam to town for some errand running, came back home and swapped trucks to go to Russellville since I needed something there and Sam's brake lights aren't functioning- not a problem in rural areas, but a problem in a city environment- and came home. Smoked some deer meat while I did some work on Sam's floorboards. Now I'm studying for tomorrow, while browsing here.

The Purple Fuzzy

Been cooking getting ready for thanksgiving.

Backseat Radio

Been a boring day for me.  Watched the service from Calvary Tabernacle in Indianapolis this morning.  I went to Kroger to pick up medication and food for my mom since she's in quarantine.  Then I spent the rest of the afternoon napping.

Roscoe

Morning. Yesterday was a lazy day. Only thing worthwhile I did was go to church. LOL.
Been running wide open since I got here this morning- had two new intakes I had to do, which is mucho paperwork, and I've seen about 5 other clients, plus talked to what seems like a gazillion people regarding their loved ones' indiscretions over the weekend. Very much thankful it is a short week