News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Daisy is four. And she was fine when I got home last night, and in her normal mood this morning. I guess she just had a bad day.
Gonna go vote...then I'm probably going to take Chey to be tested to be safe.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work. Voted this morning and then went to work. Dentist appointment this evening so I had to vote this AM.

Coworkers came back to work today from being on quarantine.

Lynx

And may all the political junk die down in record time after today.

Last election people kept yakking about it WEEKS after it was over.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm not sure it ever really died last time. :smirk2:

Roscoe

It'll be worse this time, no matter who wins. Mark my words. I'm to the point I'm blocking anyone on social media that says anything political, and will walk off if people start talking about it.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Roscoe on November 03, 2020, 03:19:09 PMIt'll be worse this time, no matter who wins. Mark my words. I'm to the point I'm blocking anyone on social media that says anything political, and will walk off if people start talking about it.

I agree there. I'm figuring there will be plenty of mud slinging and quiet possibly lawsuits and riots too.

Lynx

Yup. All because "I didn't get my way, things didn't go the way I thought they should go, so I'm gonna pitch a big fit!"

I didn't make a big fuss when Obama got elected. I didn't even complain a lot when he put in a health care program that made health insurance both mandatory AND too expensive for me to afford.

Whomever wins today, a lot of people need to put on their big-boy pants and grow up. On both sides.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Backseat Radio

I'm glad to be off work for the night.  Customers drove me nuts with calling and asking about tv's on our Black Friday sale and even wanting me to look up the ad for them.  Hello... go look up the blasted ad yourself. That's why corporate put it on our website and app. And no management does not tell me how many of each item we got in.  :roll:

Roscoe

Back at work. Self isolating due to Chey's test- no symptoms by anyone in our house, but until we get test results, I am staying away from everyone.

Backseat Radio

I just went and got tested for covid since my county is offering free drive thru testing because of the upswing of cases in the area.  I won't know the results for a couple days. My nostril may take that long to recover.  :o

GrumpyBear

Roscoe's Daughter
Daddy's Girl<3
Spending dad's money on cars, guns, and clothes since 2006;)

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Roscoe

Morning, all. Lynx, the driving test got postponed due to the Covid test. :pound:

I am at work, still in semi-isolation, and now that my caseload has been lightened due to many of my offenders going to a new officer, I actually have time to breath a bit. Feels good. I need this semi-isolation more often. My newbies are staying away from me and I am directing them by email/messages. I like this much better. :lol:
I had planned to do NOTHING this weekend. Well, nothing but sleep in, and hopefully bring Sam home so I can start on his floor pans. Car goals right now are  to finish getting Chey's 'vette in Primer and get Sam's floors in. I have the stuff to do both, but time and weather have not cooperated.
Then Bro Wilson called- he wants me to paint his truck Saturday. Or at least clearcoat it, like I did Rusty. So much for doing nothing. LOL

Roscoe

And a good text- Chey is negative for covid.

Roscoe

:hi: Back at work, on a Friday, thank the lord.

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

I'm at work moving around the laptop displays and resetting the old displays to sell or send back

Nelle

@work. Barely staying awake for the second day in a row. This time change has been rough this time around.

Backseat Radio

The first of my store's in store Black Friday sales started this morning.  So glad I was not the one of the ones asked to come in to work at 5 AM.  Never understood the need to get up at 3 AM just to go shopping for unnecessary stuff.

Lynx

We have been going nuts where I w*rk, trying to keep up with the crowds stopping in for a sausage biscuit on the way to your sales, and stopping by for a double quarter pounder on the way home from your sales.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:

Been busy this weekend. I've been driving Sam, alot. My day is so much better having him to drive along with Rusty.
About all I've gotten done this weekend has been Sam-related. :lol:
Went to church tonight, where one of our ministers preached a good message. Now, I've got to go back to work tomorrow. I'm considering taking some time off, just to veg. This week is wonky too- Work two days, off a day, work two days.  I'm DEFINATELY not complaining about that day off, though.

Backseat Radio

My covid test came back negative.  :clap:   Spent the afternoon working more on my house decluttering project.

Lynx

There's nothing quite like going to the store for something else and discovering a sale on avocados.

I now have a pile of avocados I will be checking twice a day to find the ripe ones. :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Ick. You can have my share. I hate those nasty green things.
Morning all. At work, slogging through paperwork. Looking forward to the next day off. LOL. Isn't that sad? I genuinely like my job, my coworkers- but I just wanna be at home doing things there. :pound: