News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Obama's First moves

Started by Brother Dad, November 09, 2008, 11:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Dad

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Nelle

Amanda, a Canadian friend of mine, myself, and a few other friends, were discussing the kind of healthcare they have in Canada. Amanda made the statement that if you're fairly normal (healthy), it's GREAT. But if you've got some kind of sickness like say.. diabetes or cancer, it's not so great. And if you reach your max number of surgeries for a certain period, say hello to the waiting list.

Isn't that what some are saying we will go to.. a system like Canada's?

Sis

I was married to a Canadian who said the same thing. Plus we were close enough to the border to see them coming to the States to get surgery with their own cash because they were on those waiting lists. And some people wouldn't have lived had they stayed in Canada.

What choice are we going to have?  Go to Mexico?

Brother Dad

Cough,  I think a lot of people will be surprised when the promises are broken again.  And anything the government gives us will be so they can control us.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

BenJammin

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." ~Thomas Jefferson~
"Small boys become big men through the influence of big men who care about small boys." ~Anonymous~

"Courage is not the absence of fear; rather the understanding that something else is more important than fear" ~Ambrose Redmoon~

Brother Dad

Quote from: BenJammin on November 12, 2008, 04:42:49 PM
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." ~Thomas Jefferson~
This is very TRUE.