News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Roscoe's on duty, better toe the line, in Sharing 469

Started by Lynx, September 24, 2012, 01:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

kkay

Things are getting better...slowly. Been thinking a lot about someone I used to know.

Hope everyone has a good day.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 25, 2012, 02:30:52 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 25, 2012, 01:13:34 PM
:oceans:
:sing: If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking  :sing:
I've been thinking.
I'm not sure I like that line in that song.  If it's grace we're in, I don't think we're sinking...

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 25, 2012, 04:03:57 PM
I've been thinking.
I'm not sure I like that line in that song.  If it's grace we're in, I don't think we're sinking...

Yea I'm not too keen on this song either. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on September 25, 2012, 01:31:28 PM
I would like to report that Roscoe is MIA.
Quote from: MsJennJenn on September 25, 2012, 01:40:28 PM
So?

:hypocrite:
:pound: :pound: :pound:

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 25, 2012, 04:03:57 PM
I've been thinking.
And if we take it THAT literally- how about "Covered by the Blood"...gross.  :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

I wouldn't mind sinking into grace. *lol* But I know what you mean.

And yeah, some of the songs about the blood you can't think about too literally, or.... :o

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

RainbowJingles

Well, we can "sink into" a bed of down, or "sink into" a recliner.

But I must say I don't like verse 2 of that song, myself.  Heaven meets earth like sloppy wet kiss?  :roll:

I skip that verse when singing the song, myself.

Lynx

I've heard some versions of that song where they change "sloppy wet" to something like "beautiful."  But it's a jarring patch job that fools nobody.  It just doesn't fit.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

awilkes05

And all this time I thought that they were saying like an "unforseen kiss" lol. *shrugs* Oh well...
"Take me to that place Lord, to that secret place, where I can be with YOU.  You can make me like You."

RainbowJingles

April: some changed it.  The one I first heard said the "sloppy wet" part.  I was like...  HUH?!?!?!   :smirk:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

"Then heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss / and my heart beats violently inside of my chest..."

That was the original version I believe.  No real way to fix it smoothly, best to just leave that verse out. 
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

The only version I've heard says Beautiful and it sounded good to me. I never knew it didn't fit there.

Nelle

Having a miserable afternoon. We received a letter from the lawyer including a motion that was filed in court. They're reopening the lawsuit against Jeremy. I'm just.. mentally, emotionally, etc.. drained. I honestly.. wish I could disappear in a cabin for a while to escape all the stress we're feeling thru this and our zillion other obligations here. Between the financial and marital etc stresses.. ughh. I hate that Jeremy feels like HE is at fault and I hate that we're even facing this. I keep telling him he was doing the right thing.. she was his WIFE.. and he co-signed on a car. She took the car, they got divorced, it got repossessed, now WE are getting sued. I've spent prayer time praying for his ex-wife.. that she be blessed.. and her family be blessed. Honestly? I wish she'd get stuck with the lawsuit instead of us.. since she's the one responsible. God removed the lawsuit once - and we still don't know "WHY" the lawyers didn't show up. I'm still praying for his ex, praying this situation be resolved God's way.. and I want to believe He will take care of us even if the judgement is made against us. Not many "normal" people can just pop out $25000+ for a car they never had and won't ever have again.

So that's my miserable afternoon. I need a vacation, but who can afford one? haha.. 

RainbowJingles

SUPER **HUGS** Nelle  Sounds like you're having a really rough one.  So sorry.  Will keep you in prayer.

RainbowJingles

How He Loves US

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geHF1zbA25U
It's at 4:06.

This is the first version *I* ever heard.  Doesn't meant it's the original one, but here it is.

Chseeads

Quote from: SippinTea on September 25, 2012, 05:11:59 PM
I wouldn't mind sinking into grace. *lol* But I know what you mean.

And yeah, some of the songs about the blood you can't think about too literally, or.... :o

:beret:

You all would have never survived under the Old Covenant...it was a bloody mess back then, if you stop and think about it.

I think we tend to envision the temple and the altar and the sacrifices and all that stuff very neat and orderly and picture perfect in our heads when we read or hear about it....but if you stop and consider how things really happened and played out, it was very bloody....  There were all kinds of places that they had to put and smear and dab and sprinkle and pour blood to purify things and people....etc....

Think about all the blood flowing from the thousands upon thousands of animals sacrificed at the dedication of Solomon's temple.....  Killing one animal makes a big mess.....  Multiply that by thouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssands........

Anyways, I've canned green tomatoes all day.  Lord.

Heather

The original version is sloppy wet kiss. I always imagine it as like a little kid kissing their momma or poppa. You know those baby kisses are sloppy wet kisses  :cool:

Work is ridiculous. Once I get my bill paid off there I will be seeking other employment.

If anyone watches the NFL....I can't believe the first game I got to see was that mess last night.....ugh!

Brandon brought up again tonight on the phone meeting me at church tomorrow night!! If you think of it keep him in your prayers.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2012/09/16/news.convicted-killer-getting-out.sto

Some dude that killed and dismembered a woman in town years ago has got released from prison and is coming back to town to live in a shelter.  Everyone is really thrilled about that, as you might imagine.  :freaky:

MelodyB

Thanks to y'all, I have been humming that song all day, and I very carefully passed it on to both Granny and Krissy. They were actually singing it before the evening was over, not just humming. So see? GP made a difference in my life today. :bigcheese:

almondjoy

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 25, 2012, 05:32:12 AM
You'd better hide!  AJ where HAVE you been?  We missed you.

Just working and generally doing nothing.  Have been struggling with some stuff for a while, and need to just let it go and give it to God.  Sometimes, that's hard to do.

Chseeads

If a good beating would help, we're here to give it to you.