News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Melody itches but she's still alive, in SHARING 465

Started by Lynx, July 04, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

A guy from church brought us a Walmart bag full of shelled peas and a mess of okra last night. I took dad to Dailysis this morning and came back and put some peas in the crockpot with a ham hock, onion, seasonings and a few of the okra. It's already smelling the whole house up! Yummy! Later I'll cook the other okra down in a pan with some onion, and cook us some squash and cornbread...that with a glass of buttermilk and some raw onion and we will have an awesome meal! :fork:

I love a good southern meal. :yum:

Headed to go get dad in a few, and the three of us are going to Gulfport or somewhere to look at flooring for the kitchen. Gonna finally get it fixed. Won't be able to yell GROUT! anymore! Haha! That will be nice!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 10, 2012, 01:58:14 PM
:hi:  I'm tired of my internet being out at home every time it storms.  blah
My AT&T USB clip works in storms.  And in sunshine, and at home, and at church, and in the middle of the woods... It's $68 a month though - I wouldn't recommend it for everyone.  Guess it's a matter of how much you want to pay versus how much inconvenience it is when your connection is gone.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Psalm_97 on July 10, 2012, 03:59:53 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 10, 2012, 01:58:14 PM
:hi:  I'm tired of my internet being out at home every time it storms.  blah
My AT&T USB clip works in storms.  And in sunshine, and at home, and at church, and in the middle of the woods... It's $68 a month though - I wouldn't recommend it for everyone.  Guess it's a matter of how much you want to pay versus how much inconvenience it is when your connection is gone.
I need it for at least 3 computers at a time and I don't think that USB thingy will run but one, plus I need unlimited internet.

Chseeads

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 10, 2012, 04:27:02 PM
]I need it for at least 3 computers at a time and I don't think that USB thingy will run but one, plus I need unlimited internet.
Yeah, definitely not for you.  The three computers at a time can be done, with a wireless router made for these USB clips, but unlimited is out of the question.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Actually... I can't believe I'm saying this, but dial-up is a good, cheap, surprisingly reliable fall-back.  For Frys ISP at $6 a month you can probably afford to get it in addition to your main connection.  I mention Frys because I tried it and it worked.  There are probably others as cheap.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Dial up is so slow it is not really worth the irritation.  I had it for ages.  We had to go to satellite when Chel was in nursing school because she couldn't do her work and tests on dial up.  Now were are on "wireless" (not from cell phone) but I think their main feed must be satellite since it goes out in the storms like our old satellite did.

Chseeads

Been cleaning out the freezer....pretty much everything in it was old stuff that was to scrap.  Basically from 95 up....various years....lol  There were some extremely fruitful years back there we had stuff from....  I don't know how many gallons of blackberries I picked in the latter half of the 90s... :freaky:  The oldest prize was some dry beans that have been in there all my life basically....I always remember them being in there and any time we cleaned the freezer out we put them back for some reason....did away with them this time.  They were from 79.  :o

:smirk2:

MelodyB

Wasteful. Why save it all those years if you will just throw it away now? Tisk tisk! Think of the orphans! The starving orphans! :thumbsup2:

(That was for you, Thomas...I miss you. :( )

Chseeads

It becomes forgotten after a while for some reason. 

Oh well.  Chicken food.

Chseeads

They already ate the tortillas and corndogs. 

The other fruit/vegetable stuff is still thawing.  :P

Heather

I have a headache that is bordering migraine. It's kicking my patootie currently.

Tomorrow evening we're having a southern gospel group sing. We're usually not a southern gospel type church but it'll be fun. It'll be different. Anyone heard of the Hutton's? I can't remember where they are from.

Had a very encouraging pep talk from Sister Ketron (my amazing Pastor's wife) yesterday. I go to church for God and myself. Phooey on everyone else (including church folk).
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

We had a yummy dinner of peas, boiled okra, yellow squash, cornbread, and onion. I had mine with a glass of buttermilk. Yummmm!

And I bagged up 8 quart sized baggies of peas and put them in the freezer...they won't be there for years though like SOME people. Each bag was carefully measured into 2.5 cups per bag.

We still have fresh okra that I havent done anything with. Not sure how to put up okra...need to google that.

Don't know what I am gonna cook tomorrow. Maybe use the leftover chicken and make some dumplins. Dad loves that.

MelodyB

Dude...my whole post was about food. :o and I'm hungry still, even after that lovely dinner, plus our lunch at the Mexican place today...what is wrong with me?! I'm a big girl, but I never STAY hungry. It's like I can't get enough the past few days. :smirk2:

Not good.

MelodyB

Triple. Lol

Ok...I think I had a revelation. Do steroids make you insanely hungry? Cause I've been on them since Wednesday, and won't be off of them for another 6 days. Maybe that's it.

BTW...I just ate a bowl of Lucky Charms. And that's IT for tonight. NO MORE! ...Oh look! Jelly Bears!

BeccaBoo

It finally rained here in Arkadelphia!! Thank you Lord! :clap:

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

Roscoe

At work. It came a nice rain yesterdayevening/ last night. Apparently around midnight it turned into a decent storm, as my clock was showing that the power went out. Nice to see puddles in the driveway this morning. My lawn is already greening up.....I might get to mow it again.  :clap2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Then you will be complaining that it needs to be mowed. SMH.

MelodyB

We are up and at 'em. Every. Single. Day. Dad has somewhere to go. Today he has to get a sonagram done on his arm, to see if his port is healing where they reconstructed it during his hospital stay. Then we are headed to see Wesley in the hospital, and then paying 7 different bills and going to the auto parts store, dollar store, and WM.

Then maybe we can come home.

Heather

At work. It's a gloomy day here in East Tennessee. Hopefully it'll rain some more but not too much more. We're having some flash flood issues after the downpours of yesterday.

My whole body hurts. I'd like to be home in bed please.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

We got some more rain last night, not too much but after last year's drought we're glad to get it.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on July 11, 2012, 02:49:28 AM

Ok...I think I had a revelation. Do steroids make you insanely hungry? Cause I've been on them since Wednesday, and won't be off of them for another 6 days. Maybe that's it.

yes they do Melbs...

Applied for an Admin III position at our Area office about 10 mins from my house.
One of the minimal chances I have to move in our company (without going to like a store manager or something along those lines; trying to stay in the admin arena).

Prayers would be lovely!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads