News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Seth Throws Hissies, Too! In Sharing 462!

Started by Newsman, May 01, 2012, 03:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

Newsman

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Oy vey.

Back at work. Tired. Irritable. Ready to go home. Got a "Seth-like" mood going today. :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

*snaps the belt at all the hissy fitters*

I'm thankful today that I don't have cancer.  (Study on my family said I had 85% chance by 28)
I'm thankful neither of my children are handicapped. (I lost my first baby during the 2nd trimester)
I'm thankful I have Godly friends that love me. (I didn't have many friends at all growing up)
I'm thankful that the body of Christ fills in the gaps. (There are only a few people in my family I interact with)
I'm so thankful to have truth and a good church that helps me stay the course. (The last 5 generations of my Pentecostal family have backslid, most ended their lives full of drugs and perversion)
I'm so thankful for a marriage that's going forward in God. (I'm a step kid, I have too many friends that are/have lost their marriage)
I'm thankful Nathan works hard and provides. (Too many rely on the government now and are struggling to make it)
I'm thankful for a true man of God pastor. (I've seen and been under corrupt leadership before, it's such a heavy burden)
I'm thankful to be an American consecutively after being a Christian. (My friend in Turkey is being harrassed and threatened right now.  Lord knows what will happen if they're found out to be more than entrepeneurs) 30 million Pentecostals to date in the underground China church)

The list goes on.  The weather is beautiful today, I'll probably mow the lawn, cook something on the grill for dinner, do Hannah's hair for cell group, kiss my hubby when he comes home from work, get an oversized hug from my son who is bigger than me...  But oh, all of it, I still long to see Him face to face.  I still wanna sit at his feet and hug his ankles like a child, I wanna feel his authoritative hand on my head... I want to be with Jesus more.  I want to see a bazillion more people get saved, I want to share truth with more people and see them stick with it. I want to see the kingdom of God operating with miracles and wonders for His Glory and testimony.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

My desk drawer just randomly rolled open....ha ha
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

I just watched/ <a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15288865">read a story[/url] on US child abuse by BBC.  I know it's all over the world, but terrible none the less.  What I wonder is how much abuse is gone unaddressed in our own church families?  One of the things I use as "fruit" of Jehova's Witnesses is their "must have a witness" problem when it comes to them addressing it.  I wonder if we know the signs in our churches?  I wonder if there are churches with seminars, classes on the subject?  We have seminars on everything else it seems.

I wonder if I speak to and shake hands and hug someone that is dying inside because of this issue?  Adult or child. It's easy to think without actually thinking it through that that isn't going on in OUR church.  But more than likely... it is.  We know everyone battles all sorts of things, why would this not be one of them? 

MelodyB

Melodya, you are full of good posts today. :thumbsup2:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: MellowYellow on May 02, 2012, 05:15:44 PM
I wonder if I speak to and shake hands and hug someone that is dying inside because of this issue?  Adult or child. It's easy to think without actually thinking it through that that isn't going on in OUR church.  But more than likely... it is.  We know everyone battles all sorts of things, why would this not be one of them?
Some of the interceding prayer warriors know.  They'll never tell though, it's not for everyone to know about.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

Quote from: Roscoe on May 02, 2012, 12:05:10 PM
:uzi: :fire: :uzi2: :2pistol: :2gun: :tank: :fire: :uzi: :nuke: :burn: :burn: :fighter: :war: :war:
Yes. It is THAT kinda day. :mad:

Yes. It IS that kinda day.

I'm caught somewhere between wanting to pull out a bazooka, or curl up in a corner with a pillow until today (or this week, or this month) is over.

If anyone wants to borrow a certain child for today, well, you can have him for the week. Or the month. Matter, of fact, since you insist, I'll give him to you for a year or so.

*ahem*

Okay, now back to real life. :updown: :-\

Quote from: Psalm_97 on May 02, 2012, 06:39:47 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on May 02, 2012, 05:15:44 PM
Some of the interceding prayer warriors know.  They'll never tell though, it's not for everyone to know about.

Pretty much, Isaac. And yes, MY, I can guarantee that you DO know these people. For every 15-20 people my family knows about that is literally dying on a church pew, the congregation as a whole MIGHT know about 1. Maybe.

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Melody

I have inclinations, times led in prayer but nobody has ever told me anything so while those thoughts have crossed my mind about folks, I am NOT one to assume that I just know.  Which would be hard for me to know possibly cause I would want to knock them out with my cast iron skillet.

You know, to not make them want to be violent...  :smirk:

SippinTea

Quote from: MellowYellow on May 02, 2012, 07:00:13 PM
I have inclinations, times led in prayer but nobody has ever told me anything so while those thoughts have crossed my mind about folks, I am NOT one to assume that I just know.  Which would be hard for me to know possibly cause I would want to knock them out with my cast iron skillet.

You know, to not make them want to be violent...  :smirk:

;) Yes, I do know.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Chseeads

Well aren't you all just deep and wide.

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Quote from: MelodyB on May 02, 2012, 08:41:46 PM
I got new socks.

Now if we could just get Seth to get a new mattress... :ugly: