It's been a while

Started by kkay, July 16, 2013, 12:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkay

Hi all. It's been a while since I've been on here. Won't get into why, just need some prayer.

Things have been bad lately but they could get better. I just need someone to pray that my bf gets the job he's applied for. The next step he needs to pass will be the hardest and we need God's intervention in the situation.

Thanks and hope you all are blessed.

Melody

clark thompson

It is glad to have you come back. You are doing right with your concern by giving it up to Jesus thru prayer, H eknows the best way to answer all our prayers.
The Lord made a Way.

kkay

I want to thank everyone for the prayers. So far, so good but not complete yet. We should know more within the next week.

Heather

Kay! Missed you! Praying for your situation!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

kkay

Thanks, Heather :)

Things are looking up but I don't want to speak too soon.

kkay

Wanted to say thank you for the prayers; however, things just fell apart. Guess that's just how things go for me.

kkay

Quick update:

The hiring process is moving along for the job he wants. Things are really hard right now but we're still believing something good will come out of all this. He still has a chance to get the job and he was told good things today but we've been through this before so it's hard to believe the good things right now.

Please continue to pray with us for this job situation.

Thanks to all and I hope God richly blesses you for your help.

kkay

Hi again!

Just wanted to let you all know that he got through the hardest part...now he just has a few more things and he'll have it :)

Thanks for all the prayers!

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

kkay

Another quick update: He passed the oral interview today! Now it's just the drug test/physical and psychological exam, then he starts training in September.

Wanted to say thank you again to everyone for praying! :)

kkay

And yet another update:

He passed the physical and is now scheduled for the psychological exam on the 20th. Please continue to pray for God's will and that this psychological exam doesn't make him go crazy  :updown:

Lynx

At the risk of being nosy, what kind of job is this?  With a psych eval, I'm guessing it's not just another factory or fast-food job.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

kkay

You're right lol It's a firefighter job :)

kkay

Hi again :) The psychological test was yesterday - VERY stressful. He won't find anything out until next week because the person reviewing the test is out of the office this week. Please continue to pray for God's will in this situation and that he passes the psychological test.

Thanks again!

kkay

Update: He didn't get the job. Gonna call them today to find out why. Please keep us in your prayers. This was kind of like the last straw for him.

kkay

Very minor good news - he can reapply in 6 months, which he's planning to do.

Please keep us in your prayers.

Thanks all.