Discuss Everything Except Alexander the Great in Sharing 508

Started by mini, January 04, 2018, 02:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

I just made peanut butter cornflake cookies for Chel. :)

Lynx

So today we got some snow. Roads were slick, but driveable. About 6 people called in to w*rk today. Customers on the other hand, we had them aplenty.

So the question is raised, if so many customers found it possible to get to McD's for their big mac fix, how come so many of the staff couldn't get there?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Some nights I go to bed at 10 others at 230 am. I used to be a pretty solid 11ish bedtimer but the last couple months it has been all over the place.

Yesterday we bought a new tv. Between the 2 of us we had never actually owned a new tv. We always had hand me downs from family and friends. Even our 32" was given to us because we let his sister borrow money she couldn't pay back. Her husband at the time gave us the tv for repayment. Now we have this 55" behemoth and all I watch on it is Netflix documentaries and football when I can catch it.

Still fighting sickness. I think it's because the weather. Yesterday was mid 60s here. Today it's 23 but feels like 13.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Cold here too. Im about to bundle up and go find stuff to burn. :freaky2:

Day 13 of a month long, church wide, sugar fast. I feel good, but my cravings are thru the roof.

Ugh.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

They are saying we may be snow on Monday/Tuesday which is rare around here. We shall see.

Nelle

My old home church did a huge fast one week every January. Started with no caffeine/tea/soda on Sunday, Wednesday you added no sugars, then Friday after your last meal, you only had water - no food until after Sunday morning church. I always had such crazy food dreams that Saturday night, LOL. One I remember very well involved a whole candy store! It was crazy haha.

I missed work yesterday due to our winter weather activity. No one went in thanks to the icy road conditions. I was going to go in today, but decided to stay home and work on the church books some more. Glad I didn't go in anyway because my coworkers (also family of the owner) went in for a bit today and slide all around on the driveway. I wouldn't have been very happy about that, LOL.

Jeremy has made it back and forth to work in this okay so far. I'm thankful for his job! :)

Roscoe

:hi:
Went over to Mini-ster's house last night after work, and he and I invaded the foreign land known as Texas. Went over to Paris, Texas and returned my radio. Got a full refund, and a promise that they would send it off to be fixed. If it were fixable, they would let me know when it was back so I could buy it again if I want to risk it. Good people. And it's a good thing they are 5 hours away from me. I do believe I could easily spend a 100 grand there in a matter of minutes. Had thoughts about trading my Corvette for one of the high end radios they had...
 And now I'm considering running back to Russellville tomorrow before church and buying the materials to build my second bookcase, since I'm off Monday and they claim it may be some winter weather. I can heat the shop and build it out there...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Ashlee

Hello All!  I haven't posed in awhile, but got on my computer to study my Samoan, so I thought Id say hi.  Hope all is well.  We are getting ready to move - again - and I HATE moving.  But life is full of uncertainties. 

Roscoe

Quote from: Ashlee on January 15, 2018, 02:17:33 AMHello All!  I haven't posed in awhile, but got on my computer to study my Samoan, so I thought Id say hi.  Hope all is well.  We are getting ready to move - again - and I HATE moving.  But life is full of uncertainties. 
Staying in that remote island country?
Evening folks. I'm off tomorrow- Chey has school. Lou has to work. I don't know what I'm gonna do....

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Ashlee

Quote from: Roscoe on January 15, 2018, 04:53:17 AM
Quote from: Ashlee on January 15, 2018, 02:17:33 AMHello All!  I haven't posed in awhile, but got on my computer to study my Samoan, so I thought Id say hi.  Hope all is well.  We are getting ready to move - again - and I HATE moving.  But life is full of uncertainties. 
Staying in that remote island country?
Evening folks. I'm off tomorrow- Chey has school. Lou has to work. I don't know what I'm gonna do....

Yep. Lol still in American Samoa.  Been here a year now and its really growing on me. Now if I could just figure out how to get all NY friends and family here I'd stay lol

The Purple Fuzzy

I have a batch of homemade buttermilk biscuits in the oven. I haven't made those in a while. That's about all that I have to share. ;)

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 15, 2018, 02:21:19 PMI have a batch of homemade buttermilk biscuits in the oven. I haven't made those in a while. That's about all that I have to share. ;)
I wish you'd share them. I love good homemade biscuits. My Mama made the best- those big ole fluffy light cathead biscuits. I watched her make 'em every weekend all of my life, know exactly what she did and the ingredients, and still can't make them.
Those biscuits, her steaming sweet chocolate gravy, and her special "chocolate biscuits"- biscuits with cocoa and sugar in the center, which melted to a chocolate river- were a staple growing up, and the reason you could always find my friends at our house early on Saturday mornings.

Heather

I'm at work playing on my 'new' Surface Pro. Meaning my laptop bit it and Brandon gave me this. He bought it for school last semester and didn't use it as much as he thought. It's perfect for me. Super portable, used as tablet or with keyboard, microsoft on it, etc. I like it!

Church yesterday was awesome. I'm glad I've found my way back to this church. I attended there before we moved back to Bristol, but with dad's illness and scheduling it was almost impossible to make it there. Now it's just making it a priority because I have the time, we have moved about 20 minutes closer, and I have the transport.

Brandon and I are currently arguing cars. lol. Ok, not really arguing. We have Tiny Car [my Yaris] but we also inherited my dad's car [and payment]. Brandon's Subaru needed replacing anyway. Now it's who drives what. I drive 3 minutes from home for work. He drives 35 minutes to school 5x's a week. Tiny Car gets better mileage but he whines about his knee hurting with the manual transmission AND he wants the 'new' car. I've always had knee problems and now add my hips to it. I'll keep you updated to who wins.

The Purple Fuzzy

I get to tell y'all something FINALLY but you can't put it on Facebook.
Chel is expecting! :bigcheese:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 15, 2018, 04:55:34 PMI get to tell y'all something FINALLY but you can't put it on Facebook.
GASP!!! How am I the first to see this?! lol
Congrats CHEL! :hug:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

Oh. Forgot to post my own updates. 
Nothing to update. I'm fighting the chest cold that's going around. I don't have major (if any at all) sinus issues.
I just feel a heaviness in my chest and head. I also sound like a frog. 
My toes are cold.
I hate winter.
That is all. 
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

I too hate winter. And thank you fuzz, for the news. That's awesome! Now...I gotta get Robbie to get on the ball and get his antennas working, cause once little one gets here, he won't have time...

And my sharing today- I finally got off my backside. Went to Harbor freight for a $10 roll of visquine plastic to help seal the shop up, left $46 poorer and have found approximately $16,000 worth of tools that I NEED.
I did get some of my projects done today- namely a pot of beef stew, the shop is now heated, and  I have plumbed my new compressor into an older compressor, thus doubling my available air capacity for air tools, ect.

They claim we are going to get snow and ice tonight. For once I am all "let's do this" about it, because with a little luck it'll be too slick to go to work tomorrow, giving me another day off.

mini

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 15, 2018, 04:55:34 PMI get to tell y'all something FINALLY but you can't put it on Facebook.

I knew this....somehow.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Our temperature today is going from 62* to 21* and it's supposed to snow.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Bah. All winter weather went completely around us. This means I have to go to work. :pound: