News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

GP is still around, just barely alive, come share with us in Sharing 505!

Started by MelodyB, October 14, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Mel: For the record, every time I see this thread's title my brain automatically says, "I - I - I've - Been - Staying alive - Staying alive"
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: HeatherB on October 20, 2016, 05:37:39 PM6 no the after being told to start checking off his bucket list, a CT scan doesn't show ANY tumors in my dad's chest. Don't tell me God doesn't still heal!!!
that's great, Heather. :)

Roscoe

Dear Lord. A local school, attended by kids of mostly Italian descent, have been selling fresh pizzas as a fundraiser. Homemade sauce, homemade Crust, Petit Jean meats and tons of cheese. A lady I work with has a kiddo there, so I bought two pizzas to help the school. Worse thing possible for my diet. I ate half a pizza. Best pizza I have EVER ate...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Isaac, I don't know if they would. And while normally I would offer to ship them to you, I fear despite my best intentions, my stomach would override the "right thing" and I'd eat yours too...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

I worked 38 extra hours this week..for a total between the two jobs of 65 hours in 6 days.

But we had AMAZING church Today! Wow. I can't even describe.

Back to just one job tomorrow.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

Excellent service this morning. 4 baptized in Jesus Name and 3 filled with the Holy Ghost. We have a handful of people who are wanting to be baptized next week too. Didn't get the memo that there was dinner after service for Pastor appreciation but was grateful to not have to eat potatos or noodles for at least 1 day. We are skimming the bottom this week. As in I'm not sure how we are going to get to school thursday [or possibly even wednesday too] because we will be out of gas and the money is already gone.

I just want to take a beloved Sunday after church nap but I put off homework all weekend. Should know better by now but alas.

ps-Mel, I miss you.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

I miss you too, Heather. I thought of you a lot when I was walking the same streets with all those awesome cars for Crusin the Coast.. last year you walked them with me! Lol
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Felt like crud yesterday. Wound up taking pain meds and went to bed around 4pm. Slept through church, still feel less than sterling today...
But if I can survive today, I've got the next two days off. I think. If they don't cancel them. :smirk:

The Purple Fuzzy

We'll, we had a couple days of Fall temperatures. It's supposed to be back in the 80s today.

Heather

I'm over everyone.

My father in law was gracious enough to give us a bit of money for gas and groceries. Husband spent it on a little bit of gas and cigarettes.

My parents are completely up in arms about a pressure washer that my mamaw thought was broke so she gave it to my dad. My dad couldn't fix it so he gave it to Brandon. Brandon fixed it so we were letting out neighbor use it and now my dad [and mom] is super mad at me that I didn't take it to my mamaw's house this past weekend. Don't worry, I'm confused too.

Roscoe

Heather, that sounds like something my family would pull...
 And  today was great. A vacation day. I had a pleasant breakfast with an old friend, then took Rusty steam engine chasing and got a decent pic of him and Union Pacific's steam engine #844.
Then I came home and hauled off old tvs and loaded a truckload of metal to go to the scrap yard tomorrow- also a vacation day- and have plans to clean out my storage room and finish loading a trailer with stuff for the dump, since this weekend is free dump week at the local dump,county wide fall cleanup..

Lynx

*Isaac begins spreading the rumor in the fellowship that Brother Bobby has TVs.

"I heard he even drinks coffee! You know what they preach about THAT!" :evil:
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

I don't even know what to feel or to write right now. Things are not well in my household and I don't know what to do about it other than pray and keep chugging along. I would really appreciate your prayers GP.

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

Robbie is going to teach me how to be a real electrician! :grin: He may get his master electrician license here in Texas, then i could be an apprentice under him and get my license as well... That would be cool... it would be another thing I would know how to do if i needed to.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Actually I thought about Burrito a couple days ago and intended to ask you how he fares lately. We haven't seen him in a dog's age.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

My husband has been in Nevada with his Navy brother for this past week on an elk hunt (he was elk watching).

I've been home working and tending to our three pets, one of which is Trigger (our black lab).  He's been on a downward slope health-wise in the last year, and this past week has been the worst. When Jeremy gets home Saturday, we plan to spend our weekend with Trigger and then come Monday, unless some miracle happens, Trigger's making his trek to the vet for his final nap. His quality of life is low now and is getting increasingly lower with each day. It's been a very hard week for all of us.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

:hi:
 Made it to the weekend. Finally. And this mouse sized dog my wife had to have won't leave me alone for 2 seconds........

Lynx

So my computer, my BEST laptop, has begun overheating. It always had a bad problem with heat and apparently the overworked fan is finally giving out. I could replace the fan, but... I should have gotten a ThinkPad. I thought I could get away with an ASUS because ASUS is fairly good, but I knew I should have gotten a ThinkPad. Every ThinkPad I ever bought is still running fine.

I am considering hiring a team of mutant gorillas to smash this laptop until it is in 187,492 pieces. They will be given orders to not stop smashing until it is in the required number of pieces. Then I might burn the pieces.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Sad about Trigger. It's a shame dogs can't live as long as humans.

Then again, I remember some of the humans I know and sometimes it's a shame some humans live as long as they do...

Never mind, I didn't say that, you didn't see that, move along.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on October 29, 2016, 02:46:32 AMSo my computer, my BEST laptop, has begun overheating. It always had a bad problem with heat and apparently the overworked fan is finally giving out. I could replace the fan, but... I should have gotten a ThinkPad. I thought I could get away with an ASUS because ASUS is fairly good, but I knew I should have gotten a ThinkPad. Every ThinkPad I ever bought is still running fine.

I am considering hiring a team of mutant gorillas to smash this laptop until it is in 187,492 pieces. They will be given orders to not stop smashing until it is in the required number of pieces. Then I might burn the pieces.
I've got an old Compaq I think, that has that same problem. I bought one of those laptop desk things with a fan built in. Situated just right, it provides enough airflow that the 'puter works well..I use it in the ham room, not mobile, so that works fine. My mobile/best computer is currently a ASUS. I like it, except for Windows 10, which I still dislike greatly.

Lynx

ASUS is usually good, which is why I got this one. Well... that and the i7 processor and 8 gigs ram, which at the time was pretty sweet for the price. 

Compaq is a rebranded HP and just as prone to hardware failure.

I was dealing with a friend's laptop just this week and it turned out to have an overheat problem too. Maybe it's contagious!  But my ThinkPads seem to be immune. Maybe they were vaccinated.
"Do you sing at church?"