News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Now's the Time for Sharing 509

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 02, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Well. I've been walking by a grill stationed next to our back door at work for two years. Today was beautiful. And I didn't have anyone scheduled. So- a run to the butcher shop, a little charcoal, and the office had some delicious smoky burgers for lunch. :fork:
Now to start the weekend. Gotta mow the church yard, and see how far Cody's got on Rusty...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Need a nap.

I think we are going this evening to see about getting a window air conditioner or maybe a portable air conditioner for our house since we can't really afford to replace our central air system at the moment. Hopefully we can revisit that this fall.

Roscoe

Man. It's like everybody has forgotten about GP. :sadbounce:
I've gotten up, went to town and mowed the church yard, getting it ready for tomorrow, then came home and have been burning fat by using my new chainsaw. Yes, I DO know that it is not the right time of year to prune, but I don't care. Some of these limbs have gone nuts while I was without a chainsaw for several years. I'm tired of getting wacked by them when I try to mow under the trees, ect, so I've trimmed and hauled off two pickup truck loads of brush so far. And it is literally 90+ degrees outside, which means I smell like a goat and had to take some time to sit in the cool and drink water because I nearly overdid it. I keep forgetting that I'm not 20 anymore. And for any youngsters- trust me, there's a difference between 20 and 40, more so than you would ever imagine. :pound:

And last night- we got Rusty's head put back on, along with his new alternator and new injectors. His in laws came over so we cut it short. Hopefully sometime next week, we will be good to go.  Good thing too, because I'm pretty sure my much hated, but dependable Canyon is about to surrender for good. It's had issues since 70k miles that two dealers haven't figured out, so I decided that as long as it ran, I'd drive it. Well, yesterday at 202k miles, it began manifesting new, more serious issues. From all I can see according to the trouble codes, and internet Canyon sites, it's likely that it has crankshaft play. If it does, it eventually won't pull itself and it's not worth spending the money for another  engine.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Been busy around here with grandkids.

Lynx

Bobby: I can't tell much difference at 40. But then I don't run a chainsaw.

Well it's mother's day again. Time to get out my balloon tying sticks and go to church early. We only have about a thousand balloons to blow up this year. Kind of disappointing compared to previous years.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

i'm here. I've been housesitting since wednesday. a super whiny boxer and a devil dog [chihuahua] who has added to my scar collection. I already had 1 from him from years ago at the animal hospital.

I'm ready to go home.

Work still hasn't decided what they are doing with me.

I'm going to nap or read until it's time to go to my mom's for a cookout.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

I dunno... I like dogs and I like cats and usually dogs and cats get along pretty well with me too, but I don't take any junk from a devil dog. If a stern "NO!" does not do the trick I am prepared to resort to a fall-back method known as Blunt Instrument.

Why is it always chihuahuas that are devil dogs? The only sane chihuahua I ever met was Bobby's, and for a chihuahua he was a downright civil dog.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

I love my Chihuahuas. They are both sweet babies. The little one will get an attitude if you don't listen when she says no, but is a sweetheart.
I got up early this morning, and took the pork loin I marinated last night out. Stuffed it with granny smith apples, onions, and shredded cheddar cheese, then smoked it for four house. Apparently I did something right because there wasn't a scrap of it left after potluck.
A good friend, Bro Wheatley, came in and preached a good message for us before potluck too. Now I'm vegging..

Roscoe

:hi: Morning all. It's Monday. I am thankful for coffee this morning. ...

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

We gave up over the weekend. I made a call this morning to the a/c guy. I had to leave a message BUT hopefully we can set up an appointment for him to get us an estimate on replacing our old a/c. I cannot live in this heat. If I had been born before the a/c, sure.. but I wasn't. I need it. haha..

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on May 14, 2018, 02:28:45 PMWe gave up over the weekend. I made a call this morning to the a/c guy. I had to leave a message BUT hopefully we can set up an appointment for him to get us an estimate on replacing our old a/c. I cannot live in this heat. If I had been born before the a/c, sure.. but I wasn't. I need it. haha..

Weak. In MY day, we opened the windows and turned on the box fans.
And walked to school five miles up hill both ways. In the Snow. In August.

:ugly:

I do believe it will be a warm summer. We are already seeing temps in the 90s.

taco_harvell

1. Don't mess with my wife, my daddy, nieces, nephews, and extended family. (Y'all know who you are.)

2. If I post a prayer request pray about it!

3. If you take a prayer request and start a gossip trail cause you think you might know who it was about when no names were even in it, then don't read my prayer request or anyone else's!

4. If certain people don't stop underhanded dealings with my Daddy right now then expect to get my full attention in stopping you!

Sorry, I had to rant somewhere that certain people don't read. Had enough of people talking about a simple prayer request more to other people than to GOD!

My weekend has been like 4 Mondays!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on May 14, 2018, 03:33:40 PM
Quote from: Nelle on May 14, 2018, 02:28:45 PMWe gave up over the weekend. I made a call this morning to the a/c guy. I had to leave a message BUT hopefully we can set up an appointment for him to get us an estimate on replacing our old a/c. I cannot live in this heat. If I had been born before the a/c, sure.. but I wasn't. I need it. haha..

Weak. In MY day, we opened the windows and turned on the box fans.
And walked to school five miles up hill both ways. In the Snow. In August.

:ugly:

I do believe it will be a warm summer. We are already seeing temps in the 90s.

LOL. We haven't had a/c since the middle-to-end of July 2017. We used window fans and our ceiling fans since it was so close to the end of summer anyway. It also wasn't too awful bad for August. Jeremy works outside delivering mail all day in a tin can of hot air plus walking 12-17 miles in the sun/heat, so for his own health (since we aren't of the generation who lived without a/c) and for my sanity, we definitely have to have it back! haha..

MsJennJenn

I just turned my AC on last week for the first time. And it's never been below 75 as of yet.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

:clap: YAY! We're back!
And in sharing- Life is good and my coworkers are evil. Another potluck, with Department of Human Services to "foster relations between the agencies". There's enough food here to choke and elephant. And my coworkers, knowing my weakness for sonic drinks, sent me on a drink run. Now I'm stuffed and slugging down a Dr Pepper with Real Cream and Cherries....

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on May 15, 2018, 05:37:29 PMAnd in sharing- Life is good and my coworkers are evil.
Life is good and my coworkers are tone-deaf. My music collection happened to land on Third Day when I fired my music up, and somebody made a remark about how country it sounded. Country? Really?!
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

After being told repeatedly that I was moving to hub, I'm the new Inventory Manager as on Monday. The girl who was in that position was doing a terrible job. So she's moving to hub and I get her job. So I'm getting 2 raises (going full time and manager), a guaranteed 40 hours per week, and get to wear grey instead of red. Only downside is i have to work 1 Sunday every 4 weeks but my schedule other wise will have me getting off by 4 any day I work.

Brandon is covered in poison ivy. Enough so that he had to go get a shot and meds. It's been really hot here already which isn't helping him at all. The doctor also told him he's super contagious so he's been on the couch while I get the bed. I miss my husband...
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

sunlight

Waiting games are not fun if you are impatient.
I am impatient. Still. Lol.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

taco_harvell

Quote from: Lynx on May 15, 2018, 05:42:54 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on May 15, 2018, 05:37:29 PMAnd in sharing- Life is good and my coworkers are evil.
Life is good and my coworkers are tone-deaf. My music collection happened to land on Third Day when I fired my music up, and somebody made a remark about how country it sounded. Country? Really?!

Third Day's lead singer has released a country album and has sung with other country singers on their albums. He also writes country music. lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

That doesn't make a Third Day album country. I could sing an Irish tune with a passable Irish accent, but that doesn't mean the next Christian rap song I sang was Irish.

Chel what are we waiting for? And why are you impatient for it?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

He shoulda just stayed solely Third Day. Good singer and I like his Third Day stuff, but in Country, he's just another voice. Not special, just there.
Morning all. It's a beautiful day, Rusty is home, and I'm halfway to the weekend. This is good.

Nelle

We went from 0 estimates to getting two estimates. I have to leave work for a couple of hours on Friday to get the estimate from the guy I want us to go with, and then Saturday morning another one will be coming to give the other estimate. They don't know about each other yet. The Friday guy (Flamms) sells two brands of a/c (Heil & Carrier) while the Saturday guy (McCann) only sells Lennox. I'm already wary that he sells just one brand and that apparently Lennox tends to be a bit more expensive (an uninvolved HVAC compared it to Trane) and their parts are harder to find (per same HVAC). Hopefully Flamms can give me a price that McCann cannot (hahaha.. unintentional pun) beat! I need to research Heil and Carrier before Friday tho. I don't know much about them. My parents have a Goodman brand so I've never had experience with either of those three brands. I've only ever heard of Heil brand of those three either.

I've been at work since just a little after 6am. I won't be able to leave until after 5pm. I'm very much regretting sharing the car yesterday. LOL. I will have to go to bed early tonight for sure! BUT - Jeremy is doing a supervisory position today that makes a little more pay-wise while he's performing that position. PLUS he gets to stay INside during this awful heat and out of the rain, haha.