News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

By special request of Lord Elvin, it's sharing 511

Started by Lynx, October 23, 2018, 02:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Shew. I wanted to say more a few ago, but I've been busier than a one-armed paperhanger. Seems like everyone came in today. Couple that with a quad zillion different bits of paperwork I need to complete and you get me, so busy I have not been able to so much as take a lunch break...
And having said that- I think I forgot what I wanted to say. Must be old age. :sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on January 07, 2019, 08:41:15 PMAnd having said that- I think I forgot what I wanted to say. Must be old age. :sadbounce:

See...lol you said it not me. I just agreed. :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Finished the day. Came home and grilled some awesome burgers- the first thing I had to eat today.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Okay there you lose me. I just cannot understand not eating breakfast. I would be sooooooo grumpy all day long.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

Man.. a homemade burger sounds SOOOO good.

@Work. I'm ready for a nap.. I think we need mandated naps at work. :) I cannot get enough sleep these days and Spring Forward is moving too quickly towards me. At least I'll get to see the sunshine more often then.. :/

Anywho.. Life's pretty normal right now here. Work, sleep, church, haha.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on January 08, 2019, 12:14:42 PMOkay there you lose me. I just cannot understand not eating breakfast. I would be sooooooo grumpy all day long.

Same. 90% of the time anyway. Just thought about it yesterday I didn't have breakfast. Eating oats and toast right now though!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

I've always struggled to eat breakfast. Lunch is usually my meal. And I have to admit I'm grumpy and not a morning person.

And in sharing- tomorrow I have to interview 8 people for our open position, and go serve paperwork on a particularly dangerous murderer. I don't know if you can call him a serial killer, but he killed two people last weekend by stabbing them...

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Ok. Yes, Murderer is behind bars. Folks, it was looking into the face of pure evil talking with him today. I'll have to conduct a hearing in the next week or so on him.
 It was a very busy day today. Two more days until a weekend.... and I'm ready for it, even though they are saying we will have the chance of some winter weather. 70 yesterday- ice this weekend. Our jonquils think it is spring and have began to come up. There'll be no flowers this year, I expect, because this cold will kill them back..

Roscoe

Urgh. Lord. I do NOT wish to be at work today..... Morning, all.

mini

Whatever happens today, I am blaming Roscoe.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm thankful that the weather is dry for a bit.

Lynx

Quote from: mini on January 10, 2019, 02:12:29 PMWhatever happens today, I am blaming Roscoe.
Can we get a Tennessee extension on that blame? There is a lot of strep throat and stomach virus going around this area, and we desperately need somebody to blame for it all.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

I hereby deny, disclaim, repudiate, renounce, decline responsibility for, reject, and otherwise claim no actions taken on my part in  regards to any and all blame that is attempting to be wrongfully transferred to my person by Sasquatch and Weird Cat.
I am, as always, your innocent, kind, compassionate, good looking, understanding and witty friend who would never do such things as are attempted to be scapegoated to me.

Unless given the opportunity to do so in such a manner that it could not be traced back to me

:hypocrite:

And wow. Today has been- interesting. Yeah, that's the word. One of my coworkers and I got into it. Bad. To the point that I had to beg God to keep me for doing something I would regret. Over what? He didn't get an email when a subject was placed on his casefile, and I was the last officer to see that offender. I had zero to do with it..LOL. He came in yelling at me. I don't take that well.
I returned to my office and prayed for strength.
Felt like I'd be heading to the supervisor (who is absent today) with it.
An hour later, he came over and apologized taking complete responsibility. I forgave him- but it REALLY took everything I had to not swing at him, which would have led to both of us hurting and being fired.

mini

Well, my day was not as eventful.

We got an email yesterday that a computer wasn't working.  I drove an hour to look at the said computer only to find out it wasn't plugged in.  Let me repeat that last part.  It WASN'T PLUGGED IN.

*sigh*

Then I drove another 30 minutes to a second appointment (10:45 am) and no one was there.  I called and they said, "They will be back at noon."  Ok, early lunch.  I get back about 11:30, and at 1 I call again.  They are almost there.  At 1:45 PM they show up.  The problem?  Oh, the internet went down YESTERDAY and was working again today.  I sat there for 3 hours for a problem that fixed itself.

*sigh again*

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

Oh my, jerms. I wonder how some folks survive. It seems like someone would have mentioned in one of those calls that the Internet was fixed.

Lynx

On the bright side mini, you got paid for doing nothing. :cool:

Say is your workplace hiring? I could do that job...
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

LOL. Nice.

Winter storm coming today. Husband is having to stay at his cousin's in order to be closer to the post office. I'm going to get to watch my shows on the big tv in the living room! Probably just some random old Netflix show, hahaha. That's my life. I'll probably end up in bed reading a book falling asleep instead of "partying it up" haha.

I wore my Dallas Cowboys hoodie today and I had already put on my Arkansas State Indians (college alma mater) t-shirt underneath when I realized.. I'm wearing a Cowboys & Indians pun. :)

mini

Morning everyone.

Same place that had the unplugged computer called us a few months back about the printer not working.  Sure enough, every time you started to print, it would jam up all the paper.  It was a cheap little inkjet printer, with the paper feed at the back.  We worked on it for quite a while and was just about to determine it was dead when we discovered the culprit...

The employee had been eating pork rinds near a computer and dropped one down the back of the printer.  It got jammed up out of sight and was causing all kinds of havoc.

That still doesn't top the one where my coworker brought a printer back to the office one day only to discover a kids sock jammed in the printer.  You should have heard the commotion that day...lol

Roscoe

LOL.
 Mini, I'd almost think that YOU were the one eating Pork Rinds....

And in sharing here- peaceful day. Cold and overcast though. And Mini says I'm twisted because I am somewhat gleeful over one of my offenders being arrested today. The guy is the Teflon man- he's had cases dismissed twice on him in the past year. They caught him with a gun a bit ago. Teflon no more.

And I am ready for quitting time. Eating lunch right now- Lou made some kinda of Hamburger-Potato Casserole. Probably 5 trillion carbs a serving, but it is tasty. I'm just eating one small bowl....

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on January 11, 2019, 01:45:00 PMI wore my Dallas Cowboys hoodie today and I had already put on my Arkansas State Indians (college alma mater) t-shirt underneath when I realized.. I'm wearing a Cowboys & Indians pun. :)

I missed this. I hope the Indians scalp the Cowgirls.  :crazy: