News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Was a good weekend here.  My church hosted the ALJC Indiana Section 2 Youth Rally Saturday afternoon.  I was supposed to be the one running the ProPresenter. A friend that I invited showed up and wanted to be able to sit with me, so my Pastor booted me out of the media room and took over running the ProPresenter so I could be with my friend since it was his first time at my church.  I ended up getting quite a sunburn during the afterburner food and fellowship after the rally.

Sunday service were good. Had a lady get the Holy Ghost. I've been working with wearing headphones during church for the past few weeks to better tolerate the noise levels. Discovered during altar service that they help me tune out the distraction of folks wanting to pray with me so I can focus on praying.

I get my bikes back tonight.   :clap:
I'd sent my teen years bike to the shop to be resurrected from the dead. It had sat behind dad's house for over 10 years getting dirty, rusty. The seat was half eaten by some critter, the tires were tore up from the mud, and the shifter cables were wore out. The bike shop made it look new.  My newer bike I had cleaned and safety checked.
General Discussion / Re: Cats like Sardines - It's ...
Last post by Roscoe - Today at 12:25:56 PM
Morning. Been eventful weekend. Had one pray back through Sunday night, good church. Enjoyed company of a friend yesterday, got an encouraging telephone call, and now I'm back at work. Would prefer to be home, but it'll be ok.
Got a call last evening while I was headed to town- my assistant pastor informed me matter of factly, that he had been in a head on collision, and couldn't reach his wife to tell her. I sailed to the scene, then to the hospital.
He's okay but banged up. His new car, less than 5k miles, is a total. Dude was driving too fast, lost control on a curve and sideswiped the car ahead of Bro Clayton, then ricocheted into him head on. I fear that if the guy had not hit the first car, which took some of the energy out of the incident, it could have been very different. Thankful for God's hand.
Last post by The Purple Fuzzy - Yesterday at 05:54:20 PM

Quote from: Lynx on Yesterday at 10:10:00 AMI ate 21 avocados in one week.

Even I gotta admit, that may be a bit much...
:o

:flush:
Last post by Lynx - Yesterday at 10:10:00 AM
I ate 21 avocados in one week.

Even I gotta admit, that may be a bit much...
Last post by The Purple Fuzzy - April 14, 2024, 11:57:12 PM
 :hi:
Last post by Lynx - April 12, 2024, 06:39:09 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on April 12, 2024, 05:44:09 PMOh and we have prayer meeting tonight- which the pastor forgot about, not once, but twice. Hopefully he will remember it and show up... :sadbounce:
Tell your phone's calendar app about it.

I finally had to break down and start using my calendar to remind me of stuff. Hated to admit I'm getting old, but it's better than missing stuff I forgot about.
Last post by Roscoe - April 12, 2024, 05:44:09 PM
Morning. Been juggling knives this morning- or so it seemed. Took church member to dr appointment, on to work (with a detour by Mcd's for a bagel), pick up church member and take home, wake Chey up, pick up work car, back to work...and now I have to go try to grab two or three home visits if I can rustle up someone to tour with me...my work sistah is back after three days out and has to catch up and thus can't go. Ready to blow this popsicle stand for the weekend....
Oh and we have prayer meeting tonight- which the pastor forgot about, not once, but twice. Hopefully he will remember it and show up... :sadbounce:
Last post by Roscoe - April 12, 2024, 01:09:30 AM
You may have my share. If you ever see me eating an avocado, or guacamole, know that I am starving and haver mercy on me, because at that point I will have begged for Vienna Weenies. Been busy today. Ready for tomorrow...I need the weekend...
Last post by Lynx - April 11, 2024, 04:51:03 PM
Quote from: Backseat Radio on April 11, 2024, 04:34:36 PMI don't see what the facination is with avocados. They're not appealing to me.
Good. If everybody liked them as much as I do, the price would be much higher and I would be supremely upset.
Last post by Backseat Radio - April 11, 2024, 04:34:36 PM
I don't see what the facination is with avocados. They're not appealing to me.