News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

Been a crazy day.  23 associates called off and one in my department did a no call no show.

The Purple Fuzzy

:o Wow, that's a lot of folks calling In at once. :o

Roscoe

Felt like crud today. Not really sick, just blah and wore out. Went to town and turned on the a/c for church, then came home and went back to bed. Got up and went to church, where Bro Wilson preached, and came back home as soon as I could. Fixing to go to bed.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on September 27, 2020, 02:37:15 AMBeen a crazy day.  23 associates called off and one in my department did a no call no show.
How many does Walmart have w*rking in the building during peak business hours? 23 is a lot either way, but I'm curious what that is as a fraction of the total.

Where I w*rk it would be more than twice the whole store...

When we have three or four people call in, I'll say "You know what this means? It means somewhere there's a party and we weren't invited."  If 23 called in, that must have been SOME party!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

Not sure how many we usually have working during peak hours.  Most of the call offs were unloaders, cap team (which stock the grocery side of the store), and cashiers.  That set the rest of us salesfloor associates behind on getting our part of the freight done because it took longer than normal to unload the truck.

Nelle

That makes me so tired to remember how significant callouts felt. Thankfully we usually only had about 3 at most on any given shift. (In our situation, we had about 15-20 in peak.. like unloading a truck. Some nights much, much less.) That's five years of TJ Maxx that I enjoyed mostly, but there were some nights.. I really questioned my sanity. LOL I enjoy my weekends and evenings too much now to work there nights/weekends (and days then). I think if I were near my old store, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but not with entirely new staff/market. I really do cherish all those relationships we built as workers and management.

@Work. Struggling to stay awake.

Roscoe

At work. Thankfully, my office is good about all employees showing up. We have one admin that takes off too much, but for the most part, our folks show up. Probably because if they don't or if they take a day off like I did, they are covered up like I was this morning when I came back. Sometimes the sheer volume of stuff to deal with that accumulates in a couple of days makes it easier to just come to work. LOL
I started with a Monday- drove all the way to work to discover I had left my phone at home and had to go back and get it. From there, it's been downhill- like Mount Everest, in a little red wagon, shoved by an angry Sasquatch downhill. Lord the work...enjoying a Petit Jean Bolgna sandwich now, topped with some delicious genuinely Amish made chow chow. No one will get within ten feet of me after lunch, which is more than fine with me.  :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It's so nice out today. I don't want to do my inside work.

Backseat Radio

My department manager is on vacation for the next week and a half.  It rained all day here so I wasn't able to get out walking this morning like I wanted to.  Went to make my house payment this morning and the bank computer was giving fits.  It showed the amount I was supposed to pay but when the lady tried to put in my payment for that amount it kept telling her my payment was more than the required amount and wouldn't accept it.  She finally gave me a hand stamped receipt and put a note in for tech support to get it fixed.

Nelle

@Work. I'm so ready for lunch.. lol. I've eaten snacks already, buuut.. yeah.

Budgeting went a little wrong this week. I forgot that Jeremy's VA doesn't post until the last day of the month or the first day of the month (depending how the day of the week falls). I budgeted it with this last payday, so the account got a little short.  Thankfully all the bills are paid thru until Friday, so all that's left to post is the VA money! That was close! LOL.. I need to pay more attention to how that falls next time. Will be paying the piper when that hits I'm sure, but I'm just glad they offer protections for that! Hasn't happened in a long time thankfully as well.  Plus we have food to eat, clothes to wear, a house to veg in.. I'm blessed, and I should be more thankful for it instead of whining about how sleepy I am when I go to the job God gave me to pay my bills. lol..

Roscoe

Totally relate, to the budgeting and the thankfulness. I got a call from my former employer today. They are having a shake up and the chief resigned. Glad I am not there....I am right where I need to be.

Lynx

He called you just to let you know about the shake up? Or are they trying to get you to come back?

If the latter, I am guessing the answer is no.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on September 29, 2020, 06:39:00 PMHe called you just to let you know about the shake up? Or are they trying to get you to come back?

If the latter, I am guessing the answer is no.
I think it was more of a  gossip type thing- the guy who called is an old friend. But the answer would be no unless it were attached to a huge- and I mean huge- stack of longwheel base $10 bills, yearly. I like what I do and feel like I am in a good position for a promotion if a spot becomes available where I am.
Morning, all. It is before 10 am, which means I'm not human yet, and I am leaning on a small glass bottled Dr Pepper and God's grace, not in that order, to get me by.

Backseat Radio

I've been busy today finishing the book "Digital Minimalism" by Cal Newport and  then decluttering more of my house.  I start a month long digital detox tomorrow.

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Drove to work early this morning.  The moon was so bright it was almost like driving in the daylight here.

Good morning everyone.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Had a guy who was told by a friend that I might want to sell our house come by. He and his wife looked at it; seemed interested. We will see. If he buys it, I don't know what I would do. Buy a new one I guess. LOL
 Chey is still pulling for the unsold 1899 mansion. Given the prices around here, ironically, that may be close to the only thing I can afford.
Working my fingers to the bone. If I had realized my job would wind up being none stop word processing, I might have paid closer attention in Computer class all those years ago.

Lynx

It would be conveniently much closer to the church...

Be quiet Lynx. If it is meant to happen, it will happen.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

@Work. Friday mornings are grumpy for me for a bit.. kinda like Monday mornings, but for different reasons, haha. (Friday is our early day.. we get here an hour earlier and thus get off earlier but it's still a full day like normal. Monday is just the first day after the weekend haha)

Roscoe

I was so busy today I had no time to post.
Did home visits today.  Was a long day. I've resting now, thinking of all I need to do tomorrow

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Parenting protip: If you want to save money on Christmas this year, now is the perfect time to tell your kids Santa didn't make it through the pandemic. :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:
 Been a beautiful weekend, but I have done nothing. Sam's starter wasn't ready yet, and despite having good intentions to do things, yesterday I felt so wore out I wound up driving around a bit running errands, then coming home and taking a nap.
Today I made it to town, grocery shopped along with Lou who had a rare sunday off, and came home, putting together tonight's message. I doubt I will do anything productive after church either.

Roscoe

Morning. Hope all is well for the few faithful. Well, and for the unfaithful too. Almost feel like I'm going to church when I check in here- there has been a great falling away. :sadbounce:

Back at work...drowning in a sea of paperwork.