News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

@Work.

Trying to resolve a PayPal dispute, but PayPal isn't letting me respond today for some reason. So irritating. guess I'll keep trying!

I really wish I could go to Arkansas and see my parents, but the COVID rates are still just too hot for me to risk it.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on October 05, 2020, 02:49:22 PM@Work.

Trying to resolve a PayPal dispute, but PayPal isn't letting me respond today for some reason. So irritating. guess I'll keep trying!

I really wish I could go to Arkansas and see my parents, but the COVID rates are still just too hot for me to risk it.
Yes, Covid is insane here still. And people are being foolish, imho.
I've had two cases in my church, both thankfully recovered, and just got word of one of my offender's being exposed when he was arrested this weekend. Turned out the jail he went to has a trustee that tested positive. Sheesh. I won't be going to that jail for a while.... So ready for it to be over with, but I fear round two or three or ten thousand is ramping up.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been so pretty outside lately. Trying to enjoy it while it lasts.

Lynx

I just now came in from mowing because it was uncomfortably cold. Two weeks ago that was hard to imagine...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

@Work.

Contacting Paypal today about my issues since I still cannot respond to the dispute. They had me clear the cache, so I did. Then I wanted to come here and I almost blanked out on the web address, LOL. Thankfully it came to me.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Hi Jenn!!! Been wondering/worrying/praying for ya.....
And Hi everyone. Working the late shift until 7 pm tonight. Ready to go home, despite not getting here until 10:30.

And Nelle, don't you dare blank out on our address. We can't afford to lose any more of the congregation. :pound:
"for Cheese and Mel- and Ruby, hath forsaken us, having loved this present world of facebook"
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on October 06, 2020, 09:18:45 PMHi Jenn!!! Been wondering/worrying/praying for ya.....
And Hi everyone. Working the late shift until 7 pm tonight. Ready to go home, despite not getting here until 10:30.

And Nelle, don't you dare blank out on our address. We can't afford to lose any more of the congregation. :pound:
"for Cheese and Mel- and Ruby, hath forsaken us, having loved this present world of facebook"

It's never too early to want to go home, even if you just got there... LOL. I've sat in the parking lot and thought "Hmm... do I?" LOL..

I knew it started with "mission" but then after that I was like.... "*crickets*"... LOL. It popped back in tho.

I still wasn't able to do the PayPal response. She said "Just try again tomorrow." I said.. "Umm.. I have until the 10th to respond, so what do I do if I can't get it to work before then? I've tried two days now." I mean like... I'm doing what you've asked me to do... I don't want to accept the current offer. We'll see I guess. I'll try it at home and see if maybe my internet provider/browser/security will let it not have an error - even though I'm pretty sure it's PayPal's error and not mine.

I have a Walmart pickup here in about 15 minutes, so I guess I'll be leaving work soon. Somehow in the 8 years of marriage... I've become our family's cook. LOL. It's fine.. but I lack creative ideas for food, and I'm the pickiest eater of us two. He just hasn't had much interest in food since his stomach surgery a few years ago, plus he gets home the latest. I can't keep eating at 9pm and later. My stomach hates me when I do that and lets me know it as soon as I get good & asleep.

Speaking of him, he's literally about 2-3 weeks from officially becoming regular! She did finally retire, but her name has to drop completely off the books before he can be made official. He's had a hard struggle with his station coworkers, and I'm way more petty than he is.. but.. I'm glad he was able to prove them wrong by being patient.

Roscoe

:hi: Back at work. Went to Little Rock, picked up some uniforms, ran over and visited with my Capitol Police friends.
Praying for wisdom in Lou's situation- Walmart is changing AGAIN and it looks like they are doing all they can to push the old hands out. The potential for a severance package is there, but it is around $6k before taxes after 15 years of service. It's a joke and the whole insurance thing weighs heavy. Please pray for guidance for us.....

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

In local news, I just bought a Lexus! :teeth:

A 1997 Lexus that has been used and abused, with 312k miles on it and assorted things (that I don't really care about) wrong with it, and I got it real cheap to use as a backup vehicle when my minivan is in the shop... but still, I never thought I'd be buying a Lexus.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 07, 2020, 11:35:52 PMWhatcha worrying bout me ferrr  :ugly:
Welp- 1) You ain't been here checking in regular
2) you have been in the middle of a church change which is traumatic
3) You mentioned not being overly involved in church on one of your last posts.
4) I am your friend and thus tend to worry about people who have exhibited the above circumstances. Deal with it. :ugly:

Quote from: Lynx on October 08, 2020, 09:43:26 AMIn local news, I just bought a Lexus! :teeth:

A 1997 Lexus that has been used and abused, with 312k miles on it and assorted things (that I don't really care about) wrong with it, and I got it real cheap to use as a backup vehicle when my minivan is in the shop... but still, I never thought I'd be buying a Lexus.
Baller. Rollin' with the Luxury rides......:lol:

And hello, all. Back at work, edging towards the blessed weekend. :praise:

Nelle

@Work. Feeling soo tired lately. I'm not sleeping too well at night due mostly to temperature fluctuations through the days and nights, haha. Tried to have the fans on last night since it was warm, but then I wake up with sinus/allergy issues from the drafts in my face. I'll try to enjoy the non-freezing while I can since I know it'll soon be coming. Just gotta figure out how to keep it cool in the house while we sleep! May have to just open the windows again.

Have a headache too which usually leads me to being sleepier. I'm SO glad I prepped tonight's supper last night. We are having Hawaiian Ham sliders. If they turn out like everyone else's.. they'll be divine.

Last night we had taco bake, which we ate like a creamier, better rotel.. with chips. It was yum.

The Purple Fuzzy

We've been running like crazy doing various stuff the last few days. Tuesday, Chel & the boys stopped by, then Alex stopped by. :)
Yesterday we had to run down by Chel to pick up a toy we've been wanting. ;)
I had to run to WM today. I'm tired.

MsJennJenn

Work is kicking my butt this week. I'm just now about to clock out.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Out scoping out the garage sales. :)

Nelle

Just one hour of work left for the week. Jeremy's off this weekend plus Monday & Tuesday. We are going to the bank on Tuesday to set up a savings account as long as I can get an appointment still. I'm not off on Monday OR Tuesday.. so off to work I go. lol

Roscoe

:hi:
 Expected it to be raining today. It didn't. I went and delivered a entertainment Center for my little brother, then went over to speak to a friend of mine who is into old trucks. He is of another faith. Got there and apparently me doing so was ordained by God. I found my friend in need of much conversation and spent several hours counseling and talking. God knows what he is doing. We got to talk alot about God and our beliefs, and I know that bigger things are coming.
Now, I'm asking God to provide me with a message for tomorrow..

Lynx

That's why good ole boys make good pastors. They always got time to sit and talk for a while. :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Was pretty here today for the most part. I went to town, then came home and put together the message on my heart. Got to church tonight and a spirit of worship broke out. I didn't get to preach, because He did. I did expound a bit, though.
 Now tomorrow is gonna be a busy day...

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on October 12, 2020, 01:02:43 AMWas pretty here today for the most part. I went to town, then came home and put together the message on my heart. Got to church tonight and a spirit of worship broke out. I didn't get to preach, because He did. I did expound a bit, though.
 Now tomorrow is gonna be a busy day...
Same thing happened here in the morning service.

If we gotta catch something contagious, I guess that's about the best thing to catch.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

@Work. Jeremy's all comfy at home. Flock of Blue jays scared him awake LOL.

Going tomorrow to open that savings account (can't believe I had one my entire life growing up.. and just now getting another one 8 years after closing that one) and hopefully going to early vote. I realized this weekend that I have a dentist appointment the evening of the Election Day. If I can't go tomorrow to the courthouse, I'll just have to go before work that Tuesday I suppose.

Roscoe

:hi:
 Been busy today.
God may have moved in Lou's situation- she has possibly been offered a job at the neighboring county as a dispatcher...salary equal to what she currently makes, two 8 hour shifts and 2 twelve hour shifts, off Fri, Sat, and Sunday. She is going to go speak with the head dispatcher Wednesday, but the head dispatcher has already told me if she wants it, all she has to do is say the word..