News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:hi:
Well, been busy this weekend. Chey's room is painted and the accent wall is wallpapered to look like reclaimed pallet wood. I laughed at her- I pointed to the 130+ year old bedstead she has, and told her "When that was new, walls looked like that and people dreamed of painting them. Now, they are painted and you want them to look rough." Full circle. It DOES look nice though. That and her beautiful Sunflower quilt and canvases. She says it is worth the approximately $400 she spent to redo it. I'm tarred though. Need to go mow the yard before dark though..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

I've got about an hour left at work. Management has me doing the freight in the office section tonight. I'll be glad to get off for the night as my lower back is wore down enough I can barely stand upright.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on September 12, 2020, 10:14:50 PM:hi:
Well, been busy this weekend. Chey's room is painted and the accent wall is wallpapered to look like reclaimed pallet wood. I laughed at her- I pointed to the 130+ year old bedstead she has, and told her "When that was new, walls looked like that and people dreamed of painting them. Now, they are painted and you want them to look rough." Full circle. It DOES look nice though. That and her beautiful Sunflower quilt and canvases. She says it is worth the approximately $400 she spent to redo it. I'm tarred though. Need to go mow the yard before dark though..

Remember when wall-to-wall carpet was THE thing to have?
Now hardwood floors cause neighbors to envy you.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Pot of beans on. Chicken smoking. Message for tonight put together. Now, to go to church. Lou is debating whether to go or stay. She just found out a coworker tested positive. Lou has had no symptoms, and the store simply says that it's up to her on whether to be tested or not- but if she is tested, then she has to quarantine until the results are back. She's not sure what to do, and may skip church for a night or two to be safe and not carry it to church members. I'll go, stay on the platform and get outta there asap...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

My lower back is not taking too well to the intense declutter stage of becoming a minimalist.

Roscoe

:hi: Majorly dragging today. Good church last night- but that was last night. Today has already commenced kicking my tail.:lol:

Lynx

Oh no! I forgot to charge my phone last night! Whatever shall I do?

Oh wait, I'm using a Moto G Power. Battery is still at 86%. Never mind. :cool:

Despite the size - MUCH larger than my beloved tiny phone - I'm starting to like this phone more and more.

I could get a phone with an even larger battery, but then the cases get much too large.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

It almost feels like Fall this morning. 75* with a breeze.

sunlight

Quote from: Backseat Radio on September 09, 2020, 01:18:30 PMGood Morning  :hi:

I go get my eyes checked this morning. Was beginning to wonder if Walmart was ever going to reopen the eye center after the pandemic shut it down.  Planning to spend the rest of the day decluttering and taking junk to the Mission thrift store.  Recently discovered the biblical teaching of minimalism so I'm trying to incorporate it into my life.
Quote from: Roscoe on September 08, 2020, 01:16:48 PMBiblical teaching of minimalism? Have more info on this?

Quote from: Lynx on September 08, 2020, 09:04:11 AMHow old was that starburst?

OR

How old are those dentures?

Starburst fresh. Dentures around 12 years old. I've meant to replace them for the last couple of years, but keep putting it off.

You may be surprised how far dentures have come since you have had your last pair.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Nelle

@Work.

Freezer has been delivered, hooked up, and is now holding some precious frozen items. Now I have ROOM in my fridge-freezer to actually make/store ice! I'm SO excited. I have a few grocery pickups tonight to pick up some dinner makins' for the week and I'm so glad I can finally purchase frozen items again.

We unfortunately probably DO have frozen items in our smaller deep freeze downstairs that have been there 3+ years. I need Jeremy to go thru that thing this week or weekend.

Backseat Radio

Backseat Radio

That video is what clued me in to the fact that scripture has a lot to say about possessions.  Once I realized that it gave new light to passages like Luke 12:13-34.

The Purple Fuzzy

More hurricanes at sea. 5 I think they said and one of those headed to the gulf again. They haven't even finished restoring power in some places from the last one. :o :o

Nelle

@Work.

We had word of a COVID+ person who is family of 99% of the people who work here, but not technically an employee of the office. She's the daughter of the co-owners and her daughter is 'virtual schooled' here daily. Minimal risk for me from her or her daughter specifically, but her parents work here every day and they are the ones I carry a larger risk from. BUT - I really feel like we are probably fine. We are taking precautions against further exposure, which should have been taking place already. We are finally all wearing masks, since none of us can really work from home in our jobs haha. They're getting tested on Friday just to be safe. They had a family birthday dinner on Sunday (along with the normal casual exposure interactions a family who won't stay away from each other would have) and were not aware that a part of their family was possibly sick. We think it's on specific family member who knew they were ill and did not tell anyone. (Like... no sense of taste/smell. Obvious sign of COVID.)

So there's that. I was afraid my husband wasn't going to let me come home last night LOL. But I did.. probably because I was cooking supper and had all the grocery pickups. What do you do without food? Cry yourself to sleep... that's what I would do. LOL.

I don't remember if I told you guys last week - but my dad (turning 70 this year) bought himself a 'new' truck. It's a 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 (w/ a Hemi.. lol). It was a rental but only has around 6k miles. This is historic. Let me tell you why I about fell out of my chair when my mom told me. His previous truck was a 1987 Ford F150. I've only known that truck my whole life (not counting the first two years no one remembers). He did decide to keep the F150 since they were only going to give him $500 for the tradein, haha. It would've been like losing a family member at this point. I'm sure mom is ecstatic because there is no longer any standard vehicle being used as any kind of main vehicle. His poor F150 was also having a TON of issues in the last few years. I think it spent a whole month at the shop practically just a few months ago.

The Purple Fuzzy

I wonder how Mel is faring with the hurricane hitting pretty much where she lives...

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: I've been busy today, no time to check in. Got dentures made, they actually fit now, but ouch, I coulda bought a fender for Sam or something else I wanted for that price..
Had a squirrel commit suicide at the substation feeding the church which knocked out power and church for tonight. Mississippi squirrels bring revival, ours are satan sent. :pound:

Backseat Radio

Didn't get as much decluttering done today as I was hoping to.  Took one car load of stuff to the Mission then went to the chiropractor to have my back straightened.  Hoping it helps ease the pain my lower back has been giving me for days.

Nelle

@Work. Currently up to two confirmed positives in this family business. Pretty sure there's one or two more that refused to test but have had it recently. So... joy. There are some testing today and some testing tomorrow. This means next week the business will be skeleton crew only and hopefully no more positive tests. Whole new ballgame if they are positive.

This is why you should be wearing masks around people you don't live with. :)

Roscoe

My mother in law tested positive yesterday. :sadbounce: She was at church last on Wednesday a week ago...
And so many people don't believe in the masks and feel like it is an intrusion. Drives me batty.

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on September 17, 2020, 04:35:27 PMMy mother in law tested positive yesterday. :sadbounce: She was at church last on Wednesday a week ago...
And so many people don't believe in the masks and feel like it is an intrusion. Drives me batty.

You were batty to begin with.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Roscoe on September 17, 2020, 04:35:27 PMMy mother in law tested positive yesterday. :sadbounce: She was at church last on Wednesday a week ago...

The number of church goers in my area that are refusing to wear a mask even after the state mandated masks in public places has left a bad taste in my mouth over being associated with said church goers. I don't like wearing the mask myself but as a follower of Christ I feel Romans 13:1-2 obligates me to wear one per my state government order.

Roscoe

Shew. Long day. The state upgraded my cell phone today. I now have an iPhone XR I think it is. It was a busy day too. Be glad for tomorrow to be over and the weekend to start.

Lynx

Does the state government hire competent nerds who migrated your data to your new phone seamlessly? Or did you have to fiddle with it yourself?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

They have at least semi competent nerds. But Apple does have some good features- Backed up to the iCloud, then turned new phone on and done. Didn't take much and setting up the email was just as easy. I'm impressed despite myself.
And I am fixing to make a sonic run. I am dragging this morning majorly....