News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Car rental tips

Started by M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ, March 15, 2007, 05:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

9 Confessions From A Former Enterprise Rental Salesman

Excerpts, read the article for tip details:

1. Enterprise doesn't have any set prices.
2. By now everyone knows that you don't need that extra rental insurance
3. Managers are the ones responsible for how much insurance (usually called "waiver") their branch sells
4. This is the big money tip: Most of Enterprise's business comes from insurance replacement rentals.
5. Enterprise runs the "weekend specials" because there are loads of spare cars on weekends.
6. For the best weekend deal call up on Friday sometime before 2pm and say, "I have all my info, drivers license and credit card, can I get a rental all setup so I don't have to do anything but sign the ticket when I come in?"
7. What if you're traveling to a far away city and don't want to use the insurance replacement method? Call ERES at 1-800-Rent-a-Car and tell them you're a State Farm adjustor from [whatever city you're from].
8. Enterprise has what they call "ESQI," like car dealers each branch is rated on how many customers rate our service as 5/5 on the phone surveys.
9. One final note: employees truly will give you a better deal the better mood they're in.

I don't condone lying, so I will not suggest following the tips that require lying.
Move along, nothing to see here.