News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Verizon vs "The New AT&T" (Cingular)

Started by BroTrey, September 22, 2007, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BroTrey

I'm leaving my current regional cellular phone provide for financial reasons.  For our two phones, with 500 shared minutes and 500 txt per phone (data text no image or video text) it is costing us 119.66 before tax and whatever else. The only good thing about this local provider is that I can leave at anytime and have no cancellation fees since they aren't contracts.

I have been looking around for what we have in the area otherwise and have narrowed it down to the new at&t (cingular) and verizon.  And am looking into each company for reviews and what not. SO I would love detailed personal stories, both good and bad from both of these companies.  I'm also looking for comments regarding WHY you feel that way about that provider and what phone/plan you have with them.  I dont just want "they rock" or "they stink."  Please help if ya can. :)
Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

Scott

I like Verizon because they have greatly improved customer service, and for $20 per month, all four phones on my line have unlimited text messaging.

I do  have 1600 any time minutes because I do have 4 people and I use my phone for work on occasion as did my wife for a while. Over all I get good reception and can go anywhere in the country without a problem
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Heather

for roughly $200 per month my family has 4 phones. 700 minutes which we never use all of due to unlimited mobile to mobile and nights/weekends. unlimited txt to anyone. and also my dad's internet card. also no roaming anywhere in the US. [good since dad is a truck driver.] this is with cingular/the new at&t. i've been with them since early 2003.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

titushome

My wife and I are on Cingular, and have two phones, for which we pay about $70/month.  We can call any other Cingular/AT&T customer without using up our minutes, and we have rollover minutes, which is nice.  I can't remember how many minutes a month we get for $70, but with the features described above we've always had a surplus, and a growing one at that.  The customer service isn't great, but we've had very few reasons to need to call in and talk to someone, so that hasn't been a big detractor.  Very rarely we've had trouble with reception.  Overall we're pleased.
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

Charlene

The customer service for the AT&T stinks....its almost made me quit using them..but we have good coverage in almost every area we go to. Our bill usually runs 90...60 for the plan (700 minutes, plus free N&W, MTM), 9.99 add on line, 4.99 for 200 text each and then tax

I've never used Verizon, so can't tell you about them

BroTrey

we have decided on AT&T :) seems great so far..... been getting reception in some areas that i never did with CinBell or Sprint..... good stuff!
Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

kkay

How much does the unlimited text cost with Cingular?

MsJennJenn

I have T-Mobile!

Unlimted Nights/Weekends plus 1000 daytime minutes for 39.99

Unlimited Texts for 14.99

I like it. I have service pretty much everywhere. Even the church haha. Woot.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

kkay

When do nights and weekends start with t-mobile, jennay?

JakeLeonard

I'm happy with mine.

My plan is 29.99 with unlimited minutes, unlimited calling and unlimited incoming calls. I also have unlimited text messaging for 5.99.

But with my budget, I can only afford this plan, which only covers the 573 (furthest coverage: 5 miles from Kahoka to the north, five miles from Monticello to the west, the Mississippi River to the east, and Bowling Green to the south), 217 (from the Mississippi River to the west all the way to Jacksonville to the east, from the 217/309 line to the north to around White Hall to the south) and 309 (furthest north is eleven miles north of Galesburg, as far as Hamilton to the west, London Mills to the east and Colchester to the south).

It'd cost me $12 more a month for unlimited long distance, but I won't go to that until I get a real job.

If you want to see if I'm telling the truth or not, please check the map here: http://www.simmetrypcs.com/content/coverage_maps/assets/extras/local.pdf

Melody

Quote from: titushome on September 27, 2007, 11:50:58 PM
My wife and I are on Cingular, and have two phones, for which we pay about $70/month.  We can call any other Cingular/AT&T customer without using up our minutes, and we have rollover minutes, which is nice.  I can't remember how many minutes a month we get for $70, but with the features described above we've always had a surplus, and a growing one at that.  The customer service isn't great, but we've had very few reasons to need to call in and talk to someone, so that hasn't been a big detractor.  Very rarely we've had trouble with reception.  Overall we're pleased.

I'm curious how many minutes you all have.  We pay $120 for 2 phones and our minutes, of which we have been going over lately!  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Legendary_roxy_girL

I love cingular..
I don't pay for my minutes.. but I do pay for me data

44.50$ for unlimited data,email, internet.
20.00$ for unlimited Text
KayV Blog" style="border:0

<!-- SpringWidgets | RSS Reader (#23) | HTML | Generated on 07/21/2008 --><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowNetworking="all" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" height="336" width="400" id="springwidgets_23" align="middle" data=

kade

ive never had so many dropped calls
like seriously after the switchover....just wow
using a rock would get better service like everywhere i went i mean i could have good signal and the calls just drop...
Sunday best and broken glass

dnr1128

Cingular is ok as long as you never have to call customer care.  If you do, just go ahead and shoot yourself. 
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

NessasMama

I am stuck with just a TracFone for now.

We don't have coverage for Verizon here and I messed my credit up so bad with Cingular that they want like $500 sec. deposit. So, as long as I live here it will be TracFone.
I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

gabbtastic

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 12, 2007, 04:49:19 PM
I have T-Mobile!

Unlimted Nights/Weekends plus 1000 daytime minutes for 39.99

Unlimited Texts for 14.99

I like it. I have service pretty much everywhere. Even the church haha. Woot.

tmobile nights start at 9... i have had alot of problems with them... im seriously considering changing.... the only thing that has kept me is that everyone else has really HIGH deposits since i have no credit... being only 19 and still living with my mom lol O and t-mobile for the most part has had bad service... getting better tho