News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

On Star

Started by Sis, August 01, 2007, 02:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sis

I know a lot of new cars are equipped with on star, but I was wondering if you could buy it and have it installed into an older car.

Anyone know anything about it? I wouldn't need a cell phone if we had that in the car. That's the main reason we wanted a throw-away phone. When one of us is alone in the car, and something happens. Or if something happens when we're on vacation.

Chseeads

From the OnStar website:

QuoteHow Do I Get OnStar?

OnStar is a factory-installed option and cannot be installed by a dealer or retailer, so you must do one of the following:

Purchase a vehicle with OnStar
Own a vehicle with OnStar

http://www.onstar.com/us_english/jsp/explore/get_onstar.jsp

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

I'm a member of several automotive related message boards.  I've asked them all if they know of any OnStar type system/service that can be bought after market and installed on any car.  So far it doesn't look very promising, but I'll let you know if anyone knows of something.
Move along, nothing to see here.

Chseeads

Duct tape a cell phone to the dashboard of your car and have 911 on speed dial.  Badda bing, badda boom - homemade OnStar!   :clap2:

:ugly:

Sis

:laughat:  :laughat:  :laughat:

I may just have to do it that way. :laughat:

newkris

duct tape.  of course.  hhhhmmm . . .how can we market that idea and get rich? 
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Joseph Miller

Quote from: Chseeads on August 03, 2007, 03:00:45 PM
Duct tape a cell phone to the dashboard of your car and have 911 on speed dial.  Badda bing, badda boom - homemade OnStar!   :clap2:

:ugly:

:laughhard:   :laughhard:  :laughhard: