News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Late 90s to early 2000s Mustangs

Started by dnr1128, June 29, 2007, 03:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnr1128

Anybody know what the best year is for the fourth gen Mustangs?  I'm looking at buying one in a few weeks...  I test drove a 1998 LX today, and was rather impressed with the torque and power that the 3.8 V6 was putting out.  On the highway I was able to hit 95mph in fourth gear with no trouble.  I would have gone faster, but I was running close to my exit.  Not nearly the same as a GT V8, but respectable none the less.  One of my coworkers recommended a 1998 over newer years, something to do with some changes in the back end that were made in 1999.  I'm sticking with the six instead of the eight for several reasons;  they are cheaper to buy, I don't race (other than between lights) so tons of ponys isn't a big deal to me, and insurance is much cheaper for a six than an eight.  Also, the six cylinder gets much better gas mileage, which is a factor for me since I will be driving many miles on the highways to and from work.  Once I get one I plan on putting a CAI on it, as well as a flowmaster muffler at the least, maybe true dual exhaust, since MS doesn't require emissions testing. 

Pros?  Cons?
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.