News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We Won’t Talk About Elves in Sharing 512

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, February 21, 2019, 09:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

I helped catch 500 quail yesterday... I am so sore I can hardly move! Lol. I told the owner she needed to start a farm/gym coop- call it the quail catcher move. And then she could have the feed unloading move... lol
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Nelle

Quote from: mini on February 26, 2019, 02:30:24 PMLiving in a Pastors House, 2/26/19

3rd night in a row I've woke up around 2 to 3 am. I get up quietly, go into the living room, kneel down and begin praying.

After a while, I hear Gracie The German Shepherd emerge and make her way down the hall. I can tell she's a little groggy from sleep by her steps.

I hear her come into the living room, and in a sudden burst of doggy joy, she seemed to say "Jeremy is here! What a relief! I must tell him how thankful I am that I found him! "

She jumps up on the side of my chair, gives me a rapid-fire, multiple shot wet Willy in my ear, and completely interrupts prayer.

So if you didn't get prayed for, now you know why.

Now I know why I woke up with a headache, sore throat, and full-on congestion, haha.

I think you need to do a kids book of Gracie's adventures. It would be hilarious for an illustrated childrens book.

Heather

Day #2 of this work week and I'm already over it. Which is probably why I dropped my application off for a potential new job today.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Heather

and i now have an interview at said job at 2:30 tomorrow.

Roscoe

Way to go, Heather.   Been a busy day even though I didn't  come in until 1030. I dont get off until 7 though...
Currently trapped in a boring mandatory meeting.  Every month they do this. Hash over the same old stuff...seems to me it is a colossal waste of time.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Bobby the waste is not your fault and you still get paid. Relax and maybe take a nap with your eyes open.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

Quote from: Nelle on February 26, 2019, 05:09:08 PM
Quote from: mini on February 26, 2019, 02:30:24 PMLiving in a Pastors House, 2/26/19

3rd night in a row I've woke up around 2 to 3 am. I get up quietly, go into the living room, kneel down and begin praying.

After a while, I hear Gracie The German Shepherd emerge and make her way down the hall. I can tell she's a little groggy from sleep by her steps.

I hear her come into the living room, and in a sudden burst of doggy joy, she seemed to say "Jeremy is here! What a relief! I must tell him how thankful I am that I found him! "

She jumps up on the side of my chair, gives me a rapid-fire, multiple shot wet Willy in my ear, and completely interrupts prayer.

So if you didn't get prayed for, now you know why.

Now I know why I woke up with a headache, sore throat, and full-on congestion, haha.

I think you need to do a kids book of Gracie's adventures. It would be hilarious for an illustrated childrens book.
I second this motion! I bet taco knows someone who could help you on the publishing side, and I could edit and have my sister possibly proofread as well!

Nelle

I drank about 6oz of coffee and several packets of sugar and two creamers... working on a Pibb Xtra can.. had spaghetti for lunch. I've taken two doses of advil so far today, plus some Allegra. I feel much better than when I first woke up at 3am, but still kinda blech. Grabbing some stronger meds at the pharmacy after work. I wish the pharmacies were open when I left for work.. lol. Thankful that today hasn't been so bad. I just knew I had strep when I woke up haha. Probably was just irritated and dry.

Jeremy's first therapy appointment today for his elbow. He's been prayed for twice so I'm expecting some improvement asap. He rolled his ankle yesterday while walking/working. I told him to RICE it last night, and he said it's a little better today, but he's put a compression sleeve on it. I told him to get advice from the therapist today to see if there's something he could do better for it since he does walk 12-15 miles per day on that poor ankle.

A nap is needed, but will not be taken today. I'd give up my dedicated lunch hour for a nap hour, haha.

Roscoe

Shew. Made it through the day. My caseload has now dropped from 200-ish active felons to 130-ish. That is a huge relief to me...
Now to power through the next hurdle which is a week long boring class in March. Oh, and I might be taking a part-time police job temporarily. It'll be just to keep my certification and won't last long, but it'll also let me pick up an extra couple hundred bucks a month if I want it..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Wait, what?

Phew, your caseload dropped... and now you are taking on a part-time job? What happened to the phew?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 27, 2019, 01:21:10 PMJust keeping options open, Roscoe?
Yes. I have zero intentions of EVER leaving my job until retirement, but the cold hard fact is this: 1) I have no degree and 2) All I've ever done is Law Enforcement and factory work. If something should happen, I NEED to be able to fall back on Law Enforcement because I know I can't go back to a factory or back through another academy.
Due to Arkansas' Parole setup, parole officers are "Specialized Police" which doesn't allow me to keep my higher, much better  full time certification. If I want to keep that, I have to get an agency to hire me for 20 hours a week or more at least once every three years...
God willing I'll never need it, but I'd rather be prepared in case.

Nelle

Lynx

Bobby: I can understand that. Sounds like a lot of work and stress though. But I understand it.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

It's cold. All my fruit trees are blooming and it's supposed to freeze again.

The Purple Fuzzy

Jenn said she was having trouble getting on GP earlier today.

Roscoe

I didn't have time all day to log on. Wound up driving around 200 miles or so to assist another area with a transport, and then saw all of my scheduled offenders. Went and picked up Lou's new car- still have to finish paperwork on it, but it appears like it is a done deal. Tomorrow- a road trip again, a ton of paperwork, and then a blessed weekend. But at some point this weekend, probably Sunday, I'll have to go to the office and finish up some purely stupid to me questions for the upcoming week long class..

Heather

My 1st interview went awesome. Was scheduled for a working interview yesterday but my MIL had a stroke and we've been in the hospital since then. She has a massive blood clot that is causing all her issues. Pray for us.

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on March 01, 2019, 04:16:41 AMI didn't have time all day to log on. Wound up driving around 200 miles or so to assist another area with a transport, and then saw all of my scheduled offenders. Went and picked up Lou's new car- still have to finish paperwork on it, but it appears like it is a done deal. Tomorrow- a road trip again, a ton of paperwork, and then a blessed weekend. But at some point this weekend, probably Sunday, I'll have to go to the office and finish up some purely stupid to me questions for the upcoming week long class..

So how many cars do you have now?

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on March 01, 2019, 06:00:54 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on March 01, 2019, 04:16:41 AMI didn't have time all day to log on. Wound up driving around 200 miles or so to assist another area with a transport, and then saw all of my scheduled offenders. Went and picked up Lou's new car- still have to finish paperwork on it, but it appears like it is a done deal. Tomorrow- a road trip again, a ton of paperwork, and then a blessed weekend. But at some point this weekend, probably Sunday, I'll have to go to the office and finish up some purely stupid to me questions for the upcoming week long class..

So how many cars do you have now?
Let's see- still have the '46. The Jeep. The Canyon, which is currently in need of work and is not driven. The Stude, which is likewise condition. And Lou's "new" Lincoln. I won't count her previous Lincoln because Kim is buying it. There WILL e another addition within the next month or two, but it's an Oldie so it don't count.

Praying for y'all ,Heather.

Been a long day, and I haven't been in the office much. I'm sitting at home now, bailed out and took 2 hours of my comp time from Sunday..

sunlight

You are selling the mkz? I promise not to tell Robbie. Lol!

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm not ready for more cold to come this way. i need some sunshine.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 01, 2019, 09:45:38 PMLet's see- still have the '46. The Jeep. The Canyon, which is currently in need of work and is not driven. The Stude, which is likewise condition. And Lou's "new" Lincoln. I won't count her previous Lincoln because Kim is buying it. There WILL e another addition within the next month or two, but it's an Oldie so it don't count.
Oldies don't count? That explains why Rusty is not in this list. But you actually DRIVE Rusty, so I should think it counts more than the Canyon and Stude.
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller