News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Psalm_97 has music, so he's feeling fine. Listen to a tune in Sharing 449!

Started by Lynx, October 31, 2011, 02:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

I need a topic for my "creative voice" project in my Humanities class! Help!
Idea's along what I'm looking for (but can't use):
Masculinity in the 21st Century
Are women the new men?
Education as a civil rights issue.
Race as a function of language no biology

just to name a few....now help!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

What about societies admiration for self mutilation from Tibeten monks setting themselves on fire to tatoos/ cosmetic surgery.

Femininity coming full circle, women's dissatisfaction with living like men in the career world.

mini

Mens dissatisfaction with women constantly out preforming them in eating contests.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

That is serious.  Every time I see a 100# woman put down 4 slabs of ribs and all the fixins, it makes me question the equality of gender.

Lynx

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 09, 2011, 07:47:07 PM
What about societies admiration for self mutilation from Tibeten monks setting themselves on fire to tatoos/ cosmetic surgery.

Femininity coming full circle, women's dissatisfaction with living like men in the career world.
These were serious answers, and I think the second one would be a great one. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Or try "McMansions unsatisfying as fulfillment of the american dream."

From good ole Wiki:
"A McMansion is a large house in a sub-division of similarly large houses, which all seem mass produced and lacking distinguishing characteristics, and at variance with established local architecture."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

How about the breakdown in family values and the role it plays in social decline?

MsJennJenn

Quote from: minnesota68 on November 09, 2011, 08:56:33 PM
How about the breakdown in family values and the role it plays in social decline?

Perhaps. Can you give me a catchy "title" that says that but instead of that? lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 09, 2011, 09:16:17 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on November 09, 2011, 08:56:33 PM

Perhaps. Can you give me a catchy "title" that says that but instead of that? lol

I like this idea...something to tie in family values, and marriage. And the decline of it in our society.

I have to in Step 5 (i think of this 7 step process) interview 5 people...and one of them has to be a "expert" in my topic. I could interview my Pastor for that! ha....I'm trying to think if anyone I know has a "degree" in this field.

Here are the steps to this project I have to do:
1. Write an Abstract (basically introducing my idea to people)
2. Create a survey (using surveymonkey) of 10 questions, and get 25 people to take it, and write about the results
3. Interview (5 people, one has to be an expert in my topic), video the interviews, and transpose them, and write about the results
4. Annotated Bibliography (summary of my research)
5. Biographical Sketch (to tell the audience about me to get my world and my topic)
6. Peer Feedback Discussion Board (post on my class website for peer feedback)
7. Creative Voice Presentation (basically compile the above 6 steps into a fancy presentation: research paper, collection of poems, a PowerPoint presentation etc etc...something along that)

This is all due by December 5th!
F r eaking out!!!!!!!!!  :o
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

Segregation vs. Congregation, how the the church accomplished what the civil rights movement fell short of.

For minis:  Parental demoralization directs social standard.

Along that same line... How Darwinism leads to abortion leads to Holocaust.  (true story)

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 09, 2011, 09:23:22 PM
Segregation vs. Congregation, how the the church accomplished what the civil rights movement fell short of.

For minis:  Parental demoralization directs social standard.

Along that same line... How Darwinism leads to abortion leads to Holocaust.  (true story)

I don't really wanna tie in politics! lol

I do semi-like the title for Mini's idea though!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

mini

MsJennJenn

Quote from: minnesota68 on November 09, 2011, 09:42:31 PM
The Demoralization of Family in America

Like this one.

Quote from: minnesota68 on November 09, 2011, 09:43:44 PM
The Obfuscation of the Role of a Family

I have NO idea what this O word is or how to say it...but I like it too! haha
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Babs

* Babs thinks Jenn should use "the affects of donuts in the law enforcement society of today"
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 09, 2011, 10:10:13 PM

Like this one.

Obfuscation (or beclouding) is the hiding of intended meaning in communication, making communication confusing, wilfully ambiguous, and harder to interpret.

mini

Eschew obfuscation about family matters, espouse elucidation about family matters.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: minnesota68 on November 09, 2011, 10:22:51 PM
Eschew obfuscation about family matters, espouse elucidation about family matters.

oh my word...LOL I have NO idea what you just said....are you reading the dictionary?! lol

*coughnerdcough*
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Actually, obfuscation is one of the stupid words burned in my head.  Its right there beside Mahershalalhashbaz...the longest name in the bible.

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on November 09, 2011, 10:21:57 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 09, 2011, 10:10:13 PM

Like this one.

Obfuscation (or beclouding) is the hiding of intended meaning in communication, making communication confusing, wilfully ambiguous, and harder to interpret.
-------commonly used by politicians, lawyers, and the occasional well-read,crafty police officer/ investigator. :laughhard:
Quote from: Babs on November 09, 2011, 10:18:21 PM
* Babs thinks Jenn should use "the affects of donuts in the law enforcement society of today"
*Roscoe thinks Jenn should take up the hobby of shooting firearms, and use Babs for a target. :thumbsup2:

Hi, y'all. Been a touch busy today, fixin' to head to church. :sing: :waving:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Chseeads

Went to the church, painted a bit before the wind blew me away...fiddled with a few other things.

Gonna go to church I think.