News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Psalm_97 has music, so he's feeling fine. Listen to a tune in Sharing 449!

Started by Lynx, October 31, 2011, 02:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

I love me some Kimber!

Did you get my text about coffee last night? We did it...does it count? ;)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

I used to work at a Taco Bell for 4.5 years and I remember the chili-cheese burrito.  I also remember when it was called something else, but they changed the name.  Rumor has it they changed it because the former name meant something they didn't want it to mean.

The "chili" in it was a measure of the regular taco ground beef, a little water and a chili sauce packet.  Don't think they have it anymore.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Been wondering that myself, especially as he has been feeling bad lately. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

I am craving a big juicy turkey leg.  Thanksgiving can't get here soon enough.

Taking breather & then doing the baking for the marriage seminar tomorrow.

I bought a ham & got a turkey free.  Great deal except I don't know  how to make a ham. it's not the pineapple/cherry kind. It's like a perfectly oval, no bones.

mini

Taco texted me...hes been busy with stuff and hasnt had a chance to get online.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

I'm having Jimmy Johns again for the third time this week. LOL....I just can't get enough of it!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

9:30. Yeah right.

Hospitals. Sheesh.

Still sitting here. Waiting. Dr may be in at about 3:30, but I won't hold my breath. If we get out of here by 5 I'll be surprised.

Blah.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on November 04, 2011, 07:42:10 PM
9:30. Yeah right.

Hospitals. Sheesh.

Still sitting here. Waiting. Dr may be in at about 3:30, but I won't hold my breath. If we get out of here by 5 I'll be surprised.

Blah.

Least you're getting to use wifi!! Means you can talk to us all day! Yippee!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Yeah...that has been the best part of this whole ordeal. I've been able to use it for two whole days!

Man I have missed it! ;)

But my battery is at 22% and my charger is all the way outside in the truck...I didn't think I would need it today. LOL!

taco_harvell

I am still alive in case anyone was wondering. I have just been crazy busy getting ready to move. I had to get rid of a bunch of junk in storage. In the middle of all that I have a couple of classes right now that come with a huge work load. When I am not cleaning and packing I am working on school stuff. Also, been filling in some for the pastor while he was away. Studying for Sunday School or preaching has taken up a large amount of my time as well. Add a sinus headache that wont go away and you can see how crazy the last few weeks have been for me. Maybe I can catch up with GP sometime next year. December promises to be just as crazy as November has been. lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

This afternoon is dragging... I'm ready to get off and go home.  *sigh*

MelodyB

Welp, we are blowing this Popsicle stand.

Dad is sick of waiting for this Dr and I am too, frankly.

I'll miss the WiFi and seeing all my friends in and out and around here, but I'm tired and still have stuff to do at home and at church.

So yeah, we are gone. It's been fun with y'all though!

:hi:

MelodyB

Well what do you know? The Dr just came in. He's at the nurses station, but I'm in the truck and dad is being wheeled to the front as we speak.

He wouldn't stay.

So yeah. I can't say I blame him really.

Heather

My mom threw away almost half of her mini lasagna. I may disown her......
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Heather

I'm gonna attempt to make chicken alfredo for me and APB. Wish me luck.

Chseeads

Lord, you were all chatty Cathys today....

Well, the cistern digging was not nearly as horrific as I feared it might be.  He did hit water, but he just left it a tad shallow and then hooped dirt up on top of it to make the depth what it should be....  We still will have to smooth it all down and crud, but it's in there...gotta get it plumbed up now..and fill in the hole at the end that's still open for the water pipe and all....  But that actually all went fine.  The excavator was a real nice guy.

And along with all that, I continued painting these horrific railings....  All blessed day aside from the times that I stopped messing with the cistern ordeal, and I just got the other set of stair ones done.....lord....  Now I have to do the stupid ramp........  :reaction:  I'm gonna croak.

Amelia Bedelia

I discovered a new great feeling that I didn't know existed... buying a new camera that is not the same size as the old one but yet fits in the same case!!!!!!! 

I'm very pleased

It feels like I'm ordering something for my trip from amazon multiple times a day - I was thrilled to find out I didn't need to order a case if for no other reason than I'm tired of clicking and having to deal with deliveries and packaging  LOL

About this time next week I'll be hanging out with Nic and Bernard and Lana and Maddy... I'm so excited!  :biglaugh:

IowaSkirtGirl

Quote from: minnesota68 on November 04, 2011, 02:30:56 PM
Hording nothing.  I have a whole candy dish full of other lesser chocolate confections.  I just horde the peanut butter cups.  And speaking of those, they need a crunchy peanut butter cup.

They have one...if I find them again I will take a pic!
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Chseeads

On the sweet tater fries topic, White Castle had them....I don't know if it was just a seasonal thing before, or if they have them all the time, or if they have them again now that it's this season, or what...but they had them at one point. 

And on the sweet tater pies at McD's deal...I didn't know they had those, but I've heard people talk about the punkin pies.

:fork:

Oh, if they didn't kill me, the tasty morsels I would devour. :P

SippinTea

*Hugs* Heather really tight. I am SO glad to hear your good news!!!

*Hugs* Laci really tight. Girlie... I don't even know what to say. Everything I've thought of so far wouldn't be helpful just now. So I'll just say that my heart aches for where you're at right now, and that I wish I could give you a REAL hug right now.

Quote from: Roscoe on November 02, 2011, 10:30:00 PM
Quote from: IowaSkirtGirl on November 02, 2011, 09:43:40 PM
Officer...sir...I was half a mile from work, and the guys I work with were going to come get the truck. The officer said absolutely not because he had already called a tow truck. *sigh*

I didn't cry though...I prayed...a lot...

but I'm crying now..feels like the harder I try..the further away from God I get...
I ain't the most spiritual, but......You know, that's exactly what the devil would have us believe. When we feel like we are far from God, it is easier for us to become less faithful, and to eventually give up and say "what's the use?"

You see, we never see a victory until after a battle and it's impossible to see a view from a mountain top without climbing the mountain first. While I don't know all that you are going through, I can tell you from what I've read that you've posted you've gone through alot. It seems to me that you are someone who really loves God and is trying to make a difference, not just in your own life, but in the lives of others.

People are watching you right now, wanting to see how you will react. Will you crack under the pressure? They are looking for something different, something to help them get through their problems, and if you keep your head up and trust God, you will see Him work things out in ways you would never have imagined. Not only in your life, but the lives of people you love. They will see that what you have received is real and able to change their life.

Don't give up and don't fall away from God. Double down, so to speak, pray harder, fast more, even when it seems impossible to do, and trust God. I know it's easier to say this than live it, but it's something I deal with myself daily. I've watched friends get down and get depressed and basically give up, and now a once strong ministry (their life and testimony), if you will, has fallen. I determined that no matter what, I will trust God, I will depend on Him, and I will not allow the devil to drag me into the depths of depression and the world of pity parties... for me, that was huge.
What am I saying? I don't know, maybe I'm just rambling, but don't give up, stay faithful to God, and TRUST Him. He'll bring you through this. I'm praying for you.

Quote from: minnesota68 on November 03, 2011, 12:18:23 PM
Quote from: Officer Roscoe on November 02, 2011, 10:30:00 PM
Quote from: IowaSkirtGirl on November 02, 2011, 09:43:40 PM
Officer...sir...I was half a mile from work, and the guys I work with were going to come get the truck. The officer said absolutely not because he had already called a tow truck. *sigh*

I didn't cry though...I prayed...a lot...

but I'm crying now..feels like the harder I try..the further away from God I get...
I ain't the most spiritual, but......You know, that's exactly what the devil would have us believe. When we feel like we are far from God, it is easier for us to become less faithful, and to eventually give up and say "what's the use?"

You see, we never see a victory until after a battle and it's impossible to see a view from a mountain top without climbing the mountain first. While I don't know all that you are going through, I can tell you from what I've read that you've posted you've gone through alot. It seems to me that you are someone who really loves God and is trying to make a difference, not just in your own life, but in the lives of others.

People are watching you right now, wanting to see how you will react. Will you crack under the pressure? They are looking for something different, something to help them get through their problems, and if you keep your head up and trust God, you will see Him work things out in ways you would never have imagined. Not only in your life, but the lives of people you love. They will see that what you have received is real and able to change their life.

Don't give up and don't fall away from God. Double down, so to speak, pray harder, fast more, even when it seems impossible to do, and trust God. I know it's easier to say this than live it, but it's something I deal with myself daily. I've watched friends get down and get depressed and basically give up, and now a once strong ministry (their life and testimony), if you will, has fallen. I determined that no matter what, I will trust God, I will depend on Him, and I will not allow the devil to drag me into the depths of depression and the world of pity parties... for me, that was huge.
What am I saying? I don't know, maybe I'm just rambling, but don't give up, stay faithful to God, and TRUST Him. He'll bring you through this. I'm praying for you.

ISG, let me throw a little in here too...

But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;
(2 Corinthians 4:7-9 ESV)

Let me remind you, you've gave your testimony on here before, and it is beautiful.

1)    Don't forget your testimony.  God has brought you so far.  He freed you from the slavery of sin, and that old task master the devil.  And that old task master, the devil, wants his former slave back.  And he will try and fight and fight and try to break your hold on God.

2)   We have this treasure in jars of clay.  God put the most priceless gift, his spirit, and the light thereof, in fragile, feeble, (and frankly, full of failure) vessels.  But because he loved us, he did.

This third thing is a little something that may bring light to you today.  It's a illustration that God showed me over the course of several weeks.  We had a beautiful little rosebush sitting here in front of my house.  One summer, it was covered with beautiful roses, and the scent seemed to overwhelm you as you walked to the door.  But one little bud never seemed to want to open.  Matter of fact, it had a hole where a bug had burrowed its way into the bud.  I figured the little bud was a lost cause.
As the course of roses often are, the once beautiful roses withered and died, leaving only the solitude little bud.  After several days, IT BEGAN TO BLOOM!

Ive smelled roses, and I have never smelled a rose so powerful.  You could see where the bug had damaged this rose.  But in its damaged state, the beauty of the scent was overwhelming!

Sometimes we look at ourselves as "damaged" goods.  But is when we are afflicted, perplexed, persecuted and struck down that our praise to God grows that much sweeter.    As the verses said, we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed!

Keep your head up!

Oh my. Laci wasn't the only one who needed to read those posts. Thank you both. Much.

I feel borderline frantic this evening, but I refuse to give in to it.

God, please give me your peace.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Chseeads on November 05, 2011, 01:15:28 AM
On the sweet tater fries topic, White Castle had them....I don't know if it was just a seasonal thing before, or if they have them all the time, or if they have them again now that it's this season, or what...but they had them at one point. 

And on the sweet tater pies at McD's deal...I didn't know they had those, but I've heard people talk about the punkin pies.

:fork:

Oh, if they didn't kill me, the tasty morsels I would devour. :P

We don't have White Castle....not that I'd ever eat there anyway. EW!

Do ya'll have Whataburger?! lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

I second the "ew!" about White Castle.  How is Whataburger better?  I thought it was just another fast food factory.  I don't have much experience with them though as they are not in this area, so I could be wrong.
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Heather

I'm surprisingly awake after only 5 hrs of sleep. I do however feel a caramel frappe in my future.

Had an amazing talk with my friend Melissa last night concerning me and going to church (as in UPC, as in my home church). Church feels like a giant commitment to me and frankly it scares me. I've been hurt by most major commitments in my life (that church included). But on the other hand it's the only place I feel God.

Going to APB's nieces birthday shindig this afternoon. That is if APB's momma lets him go. *shakes head* that woman is weird. I could almost start a thread over just her weirdness, but I keep telling myself I have to play nice because she likes me and could be my MIL someday....