News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

GP is still around, just barely alive, come share with us in Sharing 505!

Started by MelodyB, October 14, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Whyfor does my IP address show on my screen? I know it doesn't show on y'all's screens, nor can I see anybody else's, but I can't figure out why a programmer would add the option. For what purpose is this displayed?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

We had a rainy, dreary weather-wise Christmas here.

You are welcome Roscoe. I sent cards to more GP people than I did our families. I think that says something.

For Christmas this year Brandon and I went to the shelter to look for a new to us cat. Well, we ended up coming home with 2. Brandon picked out a 7 year old orange and white adult male who had been found by an EMT after his owner passed away. I picked out a 2 year old orange tabby who was formerly feral and had been at the shelter for 6 months. He was social enough to out and about in the cat room to socialize. The 7 year old is out and about and doing great with our dog. The 2 year old is still hiding under the couch.

My mom tried to catch her stove top on fire today while cooking. Is it bad my first thought was, I wish Mel was here?
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Christmas Thoughts:

Why did we have to run the air conditioner on Christmas Day? Christmas is supposed to be freezing cold outside and warm inside. When it's warm outside and we have to run the AC inside, it just... doesn't have the same "cozy" factor.

My cat got run over on Christmas morning. I think I have given up having cats here. We live on a back road, at one end of a long straightaway. People round the curve and stomp the gas to sail down the straightaway. If I ever get a cat again at this location I'll get a whole litter of cats, so maybe ONE will turn out smart enough to not go in the road and not climb up into car engine compartments.

We need more chairs. We had just barely enough chairs for all the people who were here last night. People in recliners, kitchen chairs, piled up on the couch... God help you if you needed to use the bathroom. We need more chairs, traffic lights at major intersections like the kitchen/living room intersection, and another bathroom or four.

Aside from losing a feline we had a great time yesterday. About a third of the people here weren't even family, but someone invited them. The more, the merrier. If anybody doesn't have plans for New Year's Day, we're doing the whole mess again in about a week and you're welcome to drop by. You don't even need to bring any food. We always have too much food anyway. We'll probably ask you to take some leftovers home because our fridges are all full of leftovers that we'll be eating on for a week.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

Our cats are indoor only so in theory I don't have to worry about them getting ran over.

Lucian has ventured from under the couch finally!!

Today, we are taking down the christmas tree and decor and painting our front door!

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 26, 2016, 04:51:31 AMRoscoe, I told Chel to pick on you for me. ;)
She told me. I think showing Robbie my new Kimber in her presence may have halted that. :lol:
Absolutely love having her and Burrito around. They are awesome people. And after Burrito drove Lou's new ride, he wants one...
And in sharing, today Cody came over and we took apart the Corvette and fixed it. Sadly, we just finished up and Lou just came in. We were gonna slip over and torment  Mini-ster and fam, among others, but it'd just be too late today.
 I think I'm gonna 1) lay around and 2) eat the remaining pecan pie that someone left here.....:fork:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Slept in and did a lot of nothing today. I did have to buy a new battery for the 'vette, since the one in it was dead. It was nine years old, and apparently a month of nonuse let it die. Blessing was that Walmart now has cheap batteries ($48) and for once in my life they had one of the cheap batteries in the size I needed.
 Then I came home and grilled, as well as pruning some of the plants in the yard.

Heather

I've got 3 more weeks before classes start. I'm getting stir crazy. I am glad I did start at least going to the gym.

Roscoe

Quote from: HeatherB on December 28, 2016, 02:48:25 PMI've got 3 more weeks before classes start. I'm getting stir crazy. I am glad I did start at least going to the gym.
The gym. That evil place..I really need to join one myself, but finding the time to do so seems impossible.
Morning all. I'm awake, barely. Not sure what I will do today, but I suspect it won't be a lot..

Heather

The gym is necessary I'm afraid. I've leapt right over the weight I said I would never be and just kept going. Even my stretchy gym clothes don't really fit. I've been going for about 2 weeks now and if I could just get my eating habit under control I think I'd be ok.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
 Been busy installing something in the living room I've been wanting for a while. See, we are all electric, which can be a problem if we get an ice storm. And we live out in the sticks with no natural gas, so propane is our only option. So several years back, I installed a propane stove. Not the most attractive, but decent. I REALLY wanted a propane fireplace, but they are $900 to $1200. Not gonna happen. Until yesterday, when I found one on Facebook for $300. I offered $200, he countered with $250, the budget screamed, and a beautiful fireplace came home to us. Looks much better. And I'll put the propane stove up for sale and get $100 of my money back. It takes a bit to get a house redone to your taste, but little by little, through patience and craftiness, it'll happen..

The Purple Fuzzy

That's great. I like having a backup plan for when electric goes out.

Lynx

First the kitchen stove, now you found a gas fireplace for $250?

Say, buddy, could you start looking for a good Yamaha 88-key keyboard? :D  One with AfterTouch if possible.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 30, 2016, 12:22:45 PMFirst the kitchen stove, now you found a gas fireplace for $250?

Say, buddy, could you start looking for a good Yamaha 88-key keyboard? :D  One with AfterTouch if possible.
:lol: If I did, Lou would take it away from me before I could deliver it to you....

Morning, all. Dragging a bit today and Chey has the day planned out.

mini

Ugh.

At HYC.  Not at all awake. But a all you can eat Mongolian Grill is in my future.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Drove Rusty around and flea market'd for a bit. Spent very little and had fun.Now debating taking the Corvette for a spin while Lou and Chey are gone to a birthday party..

Heather

ETSU sent me an email saying I was no longer eligible for financial aide because I'm over my hours. I guess they forgot I was a fresh start student. Drove down today and of course campus is shut down. Scheduled an appt for Wednesday. If I can't get it straightened out then I guess I'm done with school. We can't afford it on our own.

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

Why do people go spend money they don't have to spare on something they don't even need when they owe money to someone?!? Grr.