Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

I'm beginning to think that's exactly right. Sigh. Been here almost an hour. Got paperwork done on two of the four knuckleheads I currently have in jail...... :pound:
My four days off were too brief.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 11, 2017, 06:01:00 PMI went to some yard sales. I found a set of Craftman punches fo 50 cents for hubby. :bigcheese: He had broken one of his recently.

What are these?  :question:

Quote from: Heather on August 13, 2017, 01:54:32 AMMy weekend off next weekend is no go since my coworkers [who have both had weekends off] have both asked off.

I'm so ready for some time off.

Don't you make the schedules? Can't you deny it? And why don't you have rotating weekends? That's wack! You're so much kinder than me.  :nono:

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 13, 2017, 02:56:36 PMThis is the rainiest August that I can remember.

Seriously. Woke up to rain again last night here.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 14, 2017, 04:05:10 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 11, 2017, 06:01:00 PMI went to some yard sales. I found a set of Craftman punches fo 50 cents for hubby. :bigcheese: He had broken one of his recently.

What are these?  :question:

They are like a chisel with a rounded end. You punch stuff out of holes and stuff if it's stuck.... hard to explain.

Heather

I do make the schedule but we literally only have the owner [who never works] and 3 employees. It's easier on everyone if someone isn't mad.

Sure enough made my rental reservation and now my dad is insisting I take his car.  :roll: They are killing me.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Nelle

12 Hours of work and counting.. BUT - I will hopefully accomplish my goal of getting 100% behind on my other paperwork while I finish this paperwork for IDOT. LOL.. I'll survive, I'm pretty sure.

Roscoe

Well. I've always been a skeptic of global warming, but now I don't know what to think. It's been a beautiful August, not really the scorchers we usually have, and it's been the wettest I ever recall. Currently flooding- literally. My beautiful yard I try to keep so pretty could currently be a habitat for bass, perch, and other assorted aquatic species.
Hoping for a slow day.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Just try to keep the asian carp out of it. They'll eat up everything else in the yard.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on August 15, 2017, 12:42:49 PMWell. I've always been a skeptic of global warming, but now I don't know what to think. It's been a beautiful August, not really the scorchers we usually have, and it's been the wettest I ever recall. Currently flooding- literally. My beautiful yard I try to keep so pretty could currently be a habitat for bass, perch, and other assorted aquatic species.
Hoping for a slow day.

Pretty sure all you'd probably end up getting is turtles....haha
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 15, 2017, 02:05:59 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on August 15, 2017, 12:42:49 PMWell. I've always been a skeptic of global warming, but now I don't know what to think. It's been a beautiful August, not really the scorchers we usually have, and it's been the wettest I ever recall. Currently flooding- literally. My beautiful yard I try to keep so pretty could currently be a habitat for bass, perch, and other assorted aquatic species.
Hoping for a slow day.

Probably so.  However, they make a pretty good soup if they are cleaned and cooked correctly...
 Nonetheless, I want the water to STOP.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on August 15, 2017, 02:10:09 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 15, 2017, 02:05:59 PM
Hoping for a slow day.

Probably so.  However, they make a pretty good soup if they are cleaned and cooked correctly...
 Nonetheless, I want the water to STOP.

GASP NO!!!!! Leave those poor innocent turtles alone. I can justify you eating the fish....but never the turtles....

:pound: :pound::pound::pound:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

The year we moved to our city we had a typical Oklahoma summer. I mowed every other week. Slow.

These last 3 years has been mowing once a week.  All summer long. I love to mow, but this is crazy.

And this week we are supposed to get rain daily. I'm going to have to bale my yard by the time I can get in to mow again.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Actually, I have had them help some. I figure it's good experience for them.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

I loved mowing when I was younger. Granted, dad let me use the riding lawn mower. My brother had to mow our yard before my dad bought one of those.. poor guy, haha.  My husband has been BEGGING for a riding lawn mower. You have to understand how ludicrous I think this is... our yard is SO small. You can't even GET a zero turn (what he wants) in between the house and the dog pen. Granted, we have been slowly but surely taking down the dog pen. But STILL! haha.. To me, it's like getting a brand new car to drive to work when your house and your work are basically the same building.

Eating lunch.

Nelle

Oh.. and since the eclipse "longest totality" expected is right near our office, we are closing Monday in the office. Yay! Day OFF!!

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on August 15, 2017, 05:53:16 PMI loved mowing when I was younger. Granted, dad let me use the riding lawn mower. My brother had to mow our yard before my dad bought one of those.. poor guy, haha.  My husband has been BEGGING for a riding lawn mower. You have to understand how ludicrous I think this is... our yard is SO small. You can't even GET a zero turn (what he wants) in between the house and the dog pen. Granted, we have been slowly but surely taking down the dog pen. But STILL! haha.. To me, it's like getting a brand new car to drive to work when your house and your work are basically the same building.

Eating lunch.
I think it could be totally justified for him to get a Zero Turn. I strongly recommend a BadBoy, made in Arkansas. Of course, I also would feel it would be justified to buy a brand new Corvette for work purposes if you worked from home. Never know when you might get called out.
YMMV.  :lol:

Lynx

All y'all need to move over here to my town. We have never had either drought or flood since I've been alive. Drought is never a problem in southwest TN and if we get a lot of rain it just runs down to the Tennessee River.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

I don't even know how to work through what all has happened today.....

Dad's blood levels were bad again so he had to get another transfusion. Spent my one day off this week with him either at the hospital or at his house.

As soon as I got home the local news hit. 11 arrested in a sex trafficking sting involving minors. My ex-husband [and the youth pastor at the church] was 1 of the 11 arrested. Please be in prayer for his wife and their 6 month old daughter. I don't even really have words. I'm in complete shock.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on August 15, 2017, 08:23:21 PM
Quote from: Nelle on August 15, 2017, 05:53:16 PMI loved mowing when I was younger. Granted, dad let me use the riding lawn mower. My brother had to mow our yard before my dad bought one of those.. poor guy, haha.  My husband has been BEGGING for a riding lawn mower. You have to understand how ludicrous I think this is... our yard is SO small. You can't even GET a zero turn (what he wants) in between the house and the dog pen. Granted, we have been slowly but surely taking down the dog pen. But STILL! haha.. To me, it's like getting a brand new car to drive to work when your house and your work are basically the same building.

Eating lunch.
I think it could be totally justified for him to get a Zero Turn. I strongly recommend a BadBoy, made in Arkansas. Of course, I also would feel it would be justified to buy a brand new Corvette for work purposes if you worked from home. Never know when you might get called out.
YMMV.  :lol:
Translation needed. What is YMMV?

Lynx

YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary. In other words what works for him might work for you, or maybe not.

Considering he's talking about lawnmowers and cars, YMMV is also probably a pun on care mileage. I wouldn't put it past him.

Heather: Wow. I wouldn't know what to think about that long after it happened, much less the day I found out.

On a self-preservation note, has he been your ex- for a good long time? I'm thinking about whether they might question you in the investigation.  I hope he's long gone and very distant from you, and you don't get dragged into the mess.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Ugh. Morning. Heather, I'm sorry. That's got to be hard to take even though he's been an ex for quite some time..
 And in sharing, I am back at work already. Got to get something together for tonight amid all the work related stuff.

mini

Heather

We divorced in 2008. My heart is completely broken for his wife, their 6 month old daughter, and the church. Of course the media latched onto the fact he was a youth minister and are currently dragging the churches name through the mud with his name. I've been in touch with his wife and my former MIL. Words just fail.

The race is in town and therefore so are the crazies. Work has been super slow.

Roscoe

:hi: Raining. Again. In August. Bah. I've heard that a rainy summer means a winter with heavy snowfall. If that's true, we're gonna have a flowerin' blizzard once a week. :pound:
 And I'm off to one of my favorite parts of the job- a cruise across two counties. The end result is not so fun- gonna explain to a misguided young man that his actions have cost him his freedom for a minimum of 90 days, perhaps as much as a year, depending on his actions now and whether he wants a hearing.
Oh well. He shouldn't have stole things, fought the cops, and threatened to burn down their houses....

The Purple Fuzzy