News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Downloading music

Started by World Traveler, September 20, 2011, 12:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

World Traveler

Questions regarding downloading music onto my computer as I have never done it before and am considering it.

Where does it download to on your computer. I play all my music on my musicmatch jukebox. Will it load it to there or the place windows reserved for music (program that came with the computer)?

Also, any music I download, can I load it onto a CD to play in my car or on an mp3 player to play in my car?

When it comes time to change computers will they load onto the next computer?

Where is the best website to load music from?

Any other comments/advice that you think will be helpful is welcome.
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Lynx

If you're talking about free downloads, I don't know.  Payware sites (iTunes, Rhapsody, Wal-Mart mp3, etc) exist and some are good.  iTunes I would not recommend because A it is a resource hog and B it is very much DRM (so no, you won't be able to play the tunes on any computer - you have to "register" a very limited number of computers to be able to listen to your purchased collection.)  Rhapsody I have no experience with personally, but I hear it's good.

But if you just want to buy some tunes with no hassle, amazon.com's mp3 store is very good and very extensive.  First time you buy an mp3, instead of giving you a download it will offer to save your song to your personal "cloud" music folder.  But after you hit NO (about five times) it stops bugging you about it... forever! and every time after that it just gives you the download.

There are other options than buying songs one at a time too.  Kazaa offers unlimited songs for $9.99 a month.  I don't know how their selection is though.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Scott

I used to use a particular site that was closed down by the Feds.  Lime Wire.

I didn't realize it was illegal to download from there - so you really have to be careful where you download from.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

MsJennJenn

I personally use iTunes. But I have a Mac, as well as an iPhone, so all my music is on my computer, and my iPhone, and my iPod nano.

It's between 0.99 cents to 1.29 per song. I pay it...not everything in life can be free! :)
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

I use iTunes on my iPhone and Amazon on my computer (they automatically load into my iTunes)
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

Quote from: World Traveler on September 20, 2011, 12:44:22 AMWhere does it download to on your computer. I play all my music on my musicmatch jukebox. Will it load it to there or the place windows reserved for music (program that came with the computer)?

I believe it prompts you like anything you'd download.

QuoteAlso, any music I download, can I load it onto a CD to play in my car or on an mp3 player to play in my car?

If your car doesn't specifically play mp3s then chose the basic music file. There is usually an explanation so u know where what file will play.

QuoteWhen it comes time to change computers will they load onto the next computer?

Depends on how u save them. But it should go right to My Music in your Documents, & be accessible from there.
[/quote]

Lynx

Ah, thank you Mellow Yellow.  I should have answered those but forgot to. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: