:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Lets all go to the Seven Eleven in........Sharing 427

Started by taco_harvell, February 26, 2011, 03:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Nice.  I guess. :smirk2:

Took a tiny powernap.

Got a call from a guy that got one of the flyer/card thingies that I mailed out for church at Christmastime.  Was wanting to know what my name was and said he was going to pass it along to someone else too.  Said he liked they way the flyer thing was presented.  Might see us some Sunday.

No big definite commitment per se, but I'm very pleased.  Let's me know somebody is actualyl thinking about us, even going on 3 months later. :clap:

That's the only response back from that mailing that I have gotten except for having heard a couple people that we know mention that they had received them, and one lady that had moved out of state and had received it forwarded in her mail sent us a note nicely saying that we could take her address off the mailing list since she had moved away. 

Yay for one positive response.  Makes it not feel like a wash.

Thanks, God.

:)

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

I need to wash my behind and get ready for church.  Well, I guess the rest of me too.  :smirk2:

MsJennJenn

Just played a 117 point word on my WWF game with Mel.
Just needed to point that out.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Yes. Yes you did.

Thanks for pointing that out. :P
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

That is very good news, Seth. Sometimes we spend countless dollars on mailers and it seems wasted. It's nice to see that someone somewhere got it and at least read it.

Jenn...thanks a lot. I COULD still win ya know...I'm not THAT far behind. But now I'm stuck with a bunch of dumb letters and too far behind to risk swapping. I have three Ts justsoyouknow. Blah.

Lynx

Howdy y'all.  Fairly hectic day at w*rk today, everyone gets their checks on the 3rd and we get swamped. 

On the upside, the IRS phone computer says they're going to mail me the money they have that is mine, that they borrowed without paying interest on, going to mail it tomorrow, so I'll shortly have the money to get that laptop I've been wanting. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Isaac why do you say w*rk...instead of work? lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Cause he thinks that it make it better to say it that way.

Or he thinks he is cussing.

I still could win!

Lynx

Cause it's a four letter word, that's cussing.  Another cuss word is the D word, d**t, where you reduce the amount of food you eat.  If I catch you using that word I'll make you go wash your mouth out with chocolate.

I don't really hate work, but it's fun to say that.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

I still coulda won! Who knew you had a 87 point word waiting for the last play! Grr!

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

So...how about I have felt some better today. Not quite as bad. I was looking forward to church tonight. I have been distant from my friends this week cause of this blasted infection. So I am eating dinner (Ramen noodles that dad cooked) and I said something abou going to church and BOTH my parents jump on me and forbid me to go to church. :o That has NEVER happened in my life! They said I still sound and look too bad to go and expose everyone to my sickly self.

:o

So now I'm stuck at home while my friends and family are happily at the Sanctuary worshipping the Lord.

Lovely.

SippinTea

Seth! That's fabulous! I'm excited for you. :)

Mel, umm... at the risk of getting beat... I'm GLAD they made you stay home. ;) :couch:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

I must concur.  Going to church is good, but even in the Bible they had provisions for quarantine. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Grandma is going to be gone for quite some time.  Seven days for her cruise, which leaves on March 6th, then after she gets back she's going to hang around in Texas for 2 to 3 weeks.  It occurs to me that if I got a cat tomorrow, by the time she returned it would be well acclimated to living here.  It would belong here and she would be too late to do anything about it...

Naaaaaah, I wouldn't do that and she knows it.  But it's fun to think what if.   :hypocrite:
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

I reaaaaaaally hope Jon brings good news tonight! Hoping he gets to come SOON!!

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

On the upside...I'm NOT missing seeing my Bug tonight. She is also sick. :( AND her mommy said that she fell today, and busted her lip.

She is TOTALLY Mel-Mels girl! :bigcheese:

MelodyB

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 03, 2011, 06:32:50 PM
Quote from: five-oh on March 03, 2011, 05:52:20 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 03, 2011, 03:04:11 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on March 03, 2011, 02:56:12 PM
We do.  His name is Roscoe.

:roll: He's just a beat cop...not FBI, CIA or NSA...lol

:hypocrite:
Since I'm "just a beat cop", let me fulfill my purpose.  :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:    :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:  Jenn.

And let me clarify- I am NOT a beat cop. They have to work- I don't. I am one of the proud, the few, the elite, the Capitol Police.  :biglaugh:

Morning everyone but Jenn. She has ceased to exist for me. Well, as soon as I finish this beating, that is.  :pound:

hahahahaha I loveeee picking on you Roscoe! It's so much fun and you make it so easy!
So basically you are the image of a cop; with a cup of coffee and a donut in your hand NOT doing any work. You don't do any of the work a cop does - you just portray the image of one.
In response to the above poster that no longer exists in MY GP,- 'tis true. Well, except for the coffee part- my posion of choice is Dr Pepper, not coffee. I rarely drink the icky stuff. And I'm very careful about portraying a cop- if I do this too well, someone might mistake me for a "beat cop" and make me work, horror of horrors. :biglaugh:
After nearly ten years of working the street as a genuine beat cop, God delivered me from that burden and I do not wish to return to it. :laughhard:
Quote from: Newsman on March 03, 2011, 06:52:22 PM
*Looks in*

*Deciides there is already enough hate and discontent being spread (Bob will get the reference,) that no more need be added by this poster*

*Wanders on his IBOB way*

John  :waving:
Thanks, sir john. I'll remember your kindness and repay in kind at some future point. :laughhard:

And hi everyone. 'bout time for bed.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Tricia Lea

Quote from: baristagirl on March 02, 2011, 05:44:55 PM
Sorry I haven't been on! Really don't have time to catch up right  now either. Please pray about my job. They are considering putting me in an inventory position which would be awesome because it's what I like to do (and what I'm good at) and it'll put me on a Monday thru Friday 8-5 shift. Weekends off and I wouldn't have to miss church.

Anyways back to work and then church later.

And I'm praying for you Mel!!

Praying you get it

Lynx

Well I had some extra money this paycheck so I have had a glorious time!  Went to the shoe store and got two pairs of Rockports for $36 (that's for both of them, not a piece.)  My work shoes were literally falling apart and my dress shoes were faded at the toes, so everything moves one rung down the ladder:  new shoes are dress shoes, dress shoes become work shoes and old work shoes get chunked in the trash.

Came home and scrambled up some ground beef with tomato sauce, mustard-based barbecue sauce, garlic, Dale's steak seasoning, Louisiana Red hot sauce and a bit of this and that from the spice cabinet, served on thick slices of bread for supper.

Then I went online and got two Geoff Moore albums and Crabb Family:  Letting go (thanks five-oh) all for less than $15 (shipping and all) plus I picked up a cheap mic and a really good portable speaker (Altec Lansing iM-237) which brought the price to about $47 (shipping and all.)

This has been a good day.  :)
"Do you sing at church?"