News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Single Men are Like Waffles... Single Women are like Spaghetti?

Started by (R.I.P.) YooperYankDude, February 14, 2010, 03:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amelia Bedelia

The questions are generally the same, slightly reworded... I answered as the wife of the husband that was taking the test so the results are completely different but contains some truth, definitely an acts of service type or martyr  depending on how you look at it LOL

Your Scores
2    Words of Affirmation
5    Quality Time
7    Receiving Gifts
9    Acts of Service
7    Physical Touch

Newsman

Like some relationships, Lady AB?

John  :waving:

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on February 14, 2010, 08:10:15 AM
but they always leave me feeling unfulfilled and a little sick so I really hope thats not what the goal is

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

sunlight

3    Words of Affirmation
7    Quality Time
1    Receiving Gifts
8    Acts of Service
11    Physical Touch

:grin: somehow I knew this already... hehe
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

1legRooster

9     Words of Affirmation
7    Quality Time
2    Receiving Gifts
3    Acts of Service
9    Physical Touch

I have read the 5 love languages, and really enjoyed the book.  It is funny, because I enjoy giving gifts to the special people in my life, but I always feel weird getting gifts.  LOL.  Not that I complain of course.
The early bird get's the worm, but who wants to eat a worm.

SippinTea

Quote from: RainbowJingles on February 14, 2010, 07:46:05 AM
*cooks some waffles and spaghetti*

Wait a minute...  that doesn't sound very appetizing to me!  lol  You ever imagine what that kind of journey would REALLY look like??!??!??!??!??  *gag*

Mm hmm... the precise reason so many marriages go smash. We ARE very different creatures. Problem is: we too often use those differences to separate us rather than balance us out, as God intended.

Quote from: YooperYankDude on February 14, 2010, 08:18:14 AM
***Getting this digressing from the topic thing down good...*** lol

*laugh* Yes, you are. But to be a TRUE pinkwinker, you have to eventually bring it back to the original topic - somehow, some time. *grin* Or so says Kris...

Quote from: 1legRooster on February 14, 2010, 03:24:04 PM
I have read the 5 love languages, and really enjoyed the book.  It is funny, because I enjoy giving gifts to the special people in my life, but I always feel weird getting gifts.  LOL.  Not that I complain of course.

That one amused me, Jon. 'Cause I've seen the same thing in myself, and it always has seemed so contradictory. Oh well. I'm a confusing gal. What can I say? :updown:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

1legRooster

Quote from: SippinTea on February 14, 2010, 03:54:46 PM
I'm a confusing gal. What can I say? :updown:

Wow, a woman that admits to being Confusing.    :eek!:

:moped:  I better get before I get  :pound:

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

QuoteThat one amused me, Jon. 'Cause I've seen the same thing in myself, and it always has seemed so contradictory. Oh well. I'm a confusing gal. What can I say? :updown:

Hate to break it to you... but you are not alone in being a confusing gal... no I am not a confusing gal, but they do tend to make things confusing just in general.

And as far as spaghetti is concerned... the noodles and sauce are cooked separately, and then noodle first, then sauce with meatballs...! (see if I can sidetrack this thing again... that was sorta fun...!  :freaky2:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

ok... i need to take lessons in how to quote someone... lol... worked once before but not now... lol

Hey.. miracles do happen... sometime I even admit I am lost, and stop to ask for directions! :biglaugh:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

1legRooster

Quote from: YooperYankDude on February 14, 2010, 04:06:40 PM
ok... i need to take lessons in how to quote someone... lol... worked once before but not now... lol

Hey.. miracles do happen... sometime I even admit I am lost, and stop to ask for directions! :biglaugh:

The only thing you did wrong was removed this line with the rest. That line with a [ in front.

quote author=YooperYankDude link=topic=31370.msg880442#msg880442 date=1266163600]

SippinTea

Okay, seriously guys... what kind of women do you hang out with? Most of the women I know (married OR single) admit to being confusing - even to themselves.

*baffled*

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Feed The Bachelors 2010

1legRooster

I hang around with California girls usually. 

I think the preferred term out here is Mysterious, not confused.   :biglaugh:

SippinTea

Haha! Hmm... maybe I should start using that one... *grin*

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: YooperYankDude on February 14, 2010, 04:14:24 PM
confusingly confused ones!   :thumbsup2:

must correct... mysterious... lol

OK... so kinda on a subtopic of the topic... how do you figure out if two peoples "love languages" are in different orders, if your compatible... or how do you make yourself able to support the needs of the other person... ?

Feed The Bachelors 2010

1legRooster

Quote from: SippinTea on February 14, 2010, 04:20:48 PM
Haha! Hmm... maybe I should start using that one... *grin*

Rats me and my big mouth.  Now all the Oregon ladies are going to know that line.   :lol:

SippinTea

Jon - Tee hee.

YYD - I think your second guess was the correct one. The happiest marriages I've observed are the ones where both people went far out of their way to meet the needs of the other person... most especially when they themselves didn't understand that need. Quick and easy example: sometimes when a woman is under stress she needs her man to just give her a listening ear and a hug. Other times she wants his viewpoint and advice. Men in general (from what I've observed of the guys in my own life) tend to think every problem should be "fixed" by him, and they don't seem to "get it" that sometimes all she needs is a hug. *shrug* The men I've seen that offer their wife a hug (instead of offering advice all the time) seem to have the happiest wives.

My thoughts only... you might see it differently. :)

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: SippinTea on February 14, 2010, 04:58:54 PM
Jon - Tee hee.

YYD - I think your second guess was the correct one. The happiest marriages I've observed are the ones where both people went far out of their way to meet the needs of the other person... most especially when they themselves didn't understand that need. Quick and easy example: sometimes when a woman is under stress she needs her man to just give her a listening ear and a hug. Other times she wants his viewpoint and advice. Men in general (from what I've observed of the guys in my own life) tend to think every problem should be "fixed" by him, and they don't seem to "get it" that sometimes all she needs is a hug. *shrug* The men I've seen that offer their wife a hug (instead of offering advice all the time) seem to have the happiest wives.

My thoughts only... you might see it differently. :)

Did you read the book... you almost paraphrased a whole chapter... lol... Guys are fixers. We tend to want to fix everything, even if we're not totally sure it is broken.

And for sure I have seen that sometimes ladies just want a hug, and not fix-it to the problem... time for me to learn to just shut-up sometimes... (getting better!) haha

Feed The Bachelors 2010

1legRooster

Quote from: SippinTea on February 14, 2010, 04:58:54 PM
sometimes when a woman is under stress she needs her man to just give her a listening ear and a hug. Other times she wants his viewpoint and advice. Men in general (from what I've observed of the guys in my own life) tend to think every problem should be "fixed" by him, and they don't seem to "get it" that sometimes all she needs is a hug. *shrug* The men I've seen that offer their wife a hug (instead of offering advice all the time) seem to have the happiest wives.

Ruby, I think that is probably one of the hardest thing for us guys to since.  So if you find yourself in that situation, you got to give your guy a clue which way he should be thinking on this one.  Since if it is a problem, and we want you to be happy, we automatically try to figure out how to solve the problem.

SippinTea

:highfive: YYD

Jon - I really want to reply to your post, but I'm gonna be late for church if I don't get out of here... I'll be back later. :)

1legRooster

I have to get going as well.  Only 5 posts to 500, it has taken me long enough.  UGH

Sis

Fixed it for you. You COULD hit the quote button, or type [ quote] before the quote and [ /quote] after (Without the space). You didn't have the one before.

I found it's better to rant to your girlfriends and only "mention" what you're upset about to your husband. Go to your husband when you need help.

Men are from Mars/ Women are from Venus talks about the same kinds of things between men and women.

One thing to remember, guys, women aren't one entity. Don't expect us all to think the same way. Men are different, so are women. So what "worked" on one might not "work" on the next one.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: Sis on February 14, 2010, 06:48:19 PM

Fixed it for you. You COULD hit the quote button, or type [ quote] before the quote and [ /quote] after (Without the space). You didn't have the one before.

Thanks a lot!  sometimes I :frustrated:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

SippinTea

Quote from: 1legRooster on February 14, 2010, 05:02:45 PM
Ruby, I think that is probably one of the hardest thing for us guys to since.  So if you find yourself in that situation, you got to give your guy a clue which way he should be thinking on this one.  Since if it is a problem, and we want you to be happy, we automatically try to figure out how to solve the problem.

*nod* You make complete sense there. I can understand where men would take the "fix it" attitude automatically (after all, God kinda wired you all that way, it seems - in many areas of life *smile*). But I think generally, unless a woman specifically asks for help, or advice, or something along that line... I think generally men should assume a listening ear and a hug are what's needed.

I feel incredibly blessed to have a fiance that seems to have a 6th sense on this one. He seems to instinctively know when I need a suggestion for a solution to the problem, or when I just need an arm around my shoulders. Last July when he was up here visiting me and my family, we thought a friend ours was dying - a man who has been like a grandpa to me. (He ended up living for about three more months, but the particular day I'm thinking of it didn't appear he was even going to live through the night.) If Chris had immediately started offering "encouragement" in the form of Scripture, or telling me I shouldn't cry because death was a natural part of life, it would have devastated me I think. Later that evening when I'd calmed down somewhat I was able to talk about it and we both were reminding each other of Scriptures that really DID bring encouragement, but in the moment I needed him to just hold me while I cried.

Okay, I'll quit bragging on my man so you guys won't start gagging... and so Chris won't be TOO embarrassed. ;)

Jon, I do know this, as well... some of us gals were raised to be pretty independent. Sometimes too much so. And I'll admit there are times when Chris has given me a very pointed look when I'm struggling to do something that he could easily help me with. It's been a growing thing for me, and I'd like to think I'm getting better about admitting when I do need his help or advice on something. I'm glad he's so patient. *lol*

I think a lot of it may boil down to whether a woman thinks a man is genuinely trying to be nice, or whether he's really saying "here, let me help you with that, since you're obviously not capable of taking care of it on your own, you poor pathetic female, you." :lol:

But then, as Sis said... I can only tell you how THIS woman's brain works, not someone else's. *smile* Your gal may process things very differently.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Sippin...

Sounds you got yourself quite a guy... is he planning on sharing his knowledge of the female race with the rest of us men...?

He could have a class... "Consoling Hysterical Crying Females 101"...

Feed The Bachelors 2010