News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Whats for supper?

Started by Tricia Lea, October 28, 2009, 07:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricia Lea

ok thought of another thread idea Might be lame but if you want post what you are fixing for supper or ask for ideas if you need them

tonight Making hamburger helper Lasagna

The Purple Fuzzy

We had homemade vegetable beef soup last night.  Not sure about tonight, yet.

JoyGirl

We had pizza last night... it was a lazy night for sure!!!

The Purple Fuzzy

I made spaghetti last night.  Did it very quickly trying to get done before the storm came through and knocked out our electricity, then the storm kinda went around us. :)

Melody

I made this a few weeks ago and it was AWESOME and took less than 10 min.

SPICY COUSCOUS AND VEGETABLES

Ingredients
• 1 small zucchini, halved and cut into slices
• 2 small red peppers, large dice
• 1 small eggplant , quartered and sliced
• Olive oil, to taste
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 1/2 cups couscous
• 2 cups vegetable stock
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground roasted cumin seeds
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1/4 cup orange juice
• 1 tablespoon roughly chopped parsley
• 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 lemon, grated zest and juice

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2.  Place cut vegetables on a baking sheet and drizzle with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3.  Place in oven and roast for about 10 minutes.
4.  Place couscous in a heat proof bowl and stir in all the spices and orange juice. 5.  Bring the vegetable stock to a boil and pour over the couscous making sure it covers the couscous mixture completely.
6.  Cover with a plate or plastic wrap and leave for 5 to 10 minutes or until all the stock is absorbed.
7.  Stir in the herbs, olive oil, grated lemon zest and juice.
8.  Fluff the couscous with a fork and toss with roasted vegetables.

I cut the veggies pretty small and put them on the top rack and broiled them on low, that went much faster.  I used chicken broth so don't know how much difference that makes.  I didn't use lemon just cause I didn't have it on hand.  I aslo just used ground cumin. 

It has a barely slight kick to it for you weak of heart.  ;)

The Purple Fuzzy

Hubby fixed ribs on the smoker.

JoyGirl

The Purple Fuzzy

Last night we had beef nacho salads from Taco Bueno.

Tricia Lea

The Purple Fuzzy

Last night we ate at Grandys.

Melody

Quote from: Tricia Lea on July 28, 2010, 07:43:18 PMFixing Spaghetti tonight

same here, but w/ cheesey noodles.  Garlic bread and green beans.  Mmmm, I'm starving!  ;)

myhaloisintheshop

cheesy noodles?

tonight Im making steak, baked potatoes and salad.   Clint will probably have cottage cheese and tomatoes and cukes with his.

Melody

yeah, I add a little parmesan or asiago to the noodles when they're done w/ a little half n' half. It makes them slightly creamy. My family likes it best, though I don't do it very often.  Evaporated milk or heavy cream can also be used w/ the cheese.

Backseat Radio

ya all are making me hungry   :fork:

*wonders if there's any cottage cheese in her fridge*

Tricia Lea

Made chicken pasta and corn

Heather

whatever mom decides she wants to feed me.....granted she doesn't know she's feeding me yet...... :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

EricShane

Uncle Bens black beans and rice.. lol.. we are lazy and poor
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Lynx

Melted cheddar, parmesan dressing and herring on homemade whole wheat sourdough.  Or that's what I'm thinking of having anyway.  I might change my mind and have baked potatoes with almost a whole stick of butter, the only way to eat them.  :)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Babs

Quote from: EricShane on March 18, 2011, 10:52:30 PM

then i love being poor! lurve me some black beans and rice!  :fork:
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Lynx

You keep saying black beans, Seth gonna be inviting himself for supper.  :biglaugh:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Babs

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 18, 2011, 11:38:05 PM
You keep saying black beans, Seth gonna be inviting himself for supper.  :biglaugh:

hahah i always have plenty for company. but i am sure he fears coming to my house lol

My latest blog post.

Roscoe

Left over lasagna for me. Lou's enjoying a BBQ dinner from my pastor's BBQ trailer. Somehow, I had a hankering for the lasagna.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

EricShane

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 18, 2011, 11:29:37 PM
Melted cheddar, parmesan dressing and herring on homemade whole wheat sourdough.  Or that's what I'm thinking of having anyway.  I might change my mind and have baked potatoes with almost a whole stick of butter, the only way to eat them.  :)
lol your always eating rich people food!

Quote from: Babs on March 18, 2011, 11:31:29 PM
Quote from: EricShane on March 18, 2011, 10:52:30 PM

then i love being poor! lurve me some black beans and rice!  :fork:
me too sister! Add Sour cream and Cheese and tortilla chips! its awesome!!!
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Babs

Quote from: EricShane on March 19, 2011, 01:47:51 AM
me too sister! Add Sour cream and Cheese and tortilla chips! its awesome!!!

yeah buddy!

My latest blog post.

Lynx

I was wrong, that's not the only way to eat potatoes.  I went with potatoes with cheddar melted in, plus parmesan dressing. 

Rich food, yes.  Rich people food, no.  Potatoes are cheap, the parmesan dressing I got at a salvage grocery and the cheese is regular ole chedded shreddar, I mean shredded cheddar.  What's rich people food?  The herring I didn't eat tonight is a dollar a can at Dollar General Store.
"Do you sing at church?"