News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Headaches

Started by *~Trina~*, January 30, 2008, 10:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*~Trina~*

Does anyone know what to do for migranes without medicine or going to a doctor?    :(
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events.  Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt

LeahMarie

Bath & Body Works sells an aromatherapy headache relief kit.. It's amazing! :thumbsup2:
Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Amelia Bedelia

I take a barbituate and try to not get addicted...

migraines are evil, I hate them

sorry to hear you suffer from them  :(

almondjoy

Bump.

I just saw this thread.  I intend to go check out some of the links Sis posted.  I currently take a prescription (darvocet) for my migraines.

The Purple Fuzzy

I thought this was interesting:

CHICAGO (Reuters) – In a puzzling twist, women who have a history of migraine headaches are far less likely to develop breast cancer than other women, U.S. researchers said on Thursday.

The study is the first to look at the relationship between breast cancer and migraines and its findings may point to new ways of reducing a woman's breast cancer risk, they said.

"We found that, overall, women who had a history of migraines had a 30 percent lower risk of breast cancer compared to women who did not have a history of such headaches," said Dr. Christopher Li of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, whose findings appear in the journal Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention.

Here's the link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081106/ts_nm/us_migraine_cancer;_ylt=ArcxC0Bzc79OHuKPgWaKmpms0NUE

Sis

I found some info while researching Progesterone Cream. I've had trouble losing my hair and dry skin. I know there's a physical reason, so I've been researching.... But here's what I found.

"Most physicians are attempting to push hormone replacement therapy (HRT) featuring synthetic estrogens and progestins onto ALL menopausal women. Their enthusiasm for these drugs, however, is not backed up by the facts. Let's examine some of the claims being made for HRT.

"The chief argument for postmenopauseal estrogen supplementation is the keenly ingrained assumption of estrogen deficiency after menopause. This is touted in all pharmaceutical estrogen ads, many medical texts, lay publications, and by mainstream medical practitioners. Women are reminded that their mood swings, depressions, hot flashes, vaginal dryness, loss of sex drive, and accelerating osteoporosis are indisputable evidence of estrogen deficiency. Menopause is treated as the onset of an estrogen deficiency disease.

"It is true that menopause is known to be associated with decreasing estrogen levels, but what is not known is whether these decreased levels of estrogen do in fact cause all the symptoms of menopause."

Migraines are serious headaches, most often occurring only on one side of the head, which are often preceded by a vague sense (aura) that the sufferer learns to recognize as an impending headache. ...When migraine headaches occur with regularity in women only at premenstrual times, they are most likely due to estrogen dominance. These are the lucky patients. Estrogen causes dilation of blood vessels, and thus contributes to the cause(s) of migraines. One of the many virtues of natural progesterone is that it helps restore normal vascular tone, counteracting the blood vessel dilation that causes the headache.