News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

BUBBLESHOOTER COMPETITION

Started by nicolejoy, June 05, 2007, 07:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicolejoy

Ok, so we've got a lot of bubble shooter addicts in here, so I thought "Let's have a competition!!"

Here is the link to the game: http://www.bubbleshooter.net/games/001_bubble_shooter.swf

I thought we'd do it a bit differently, not just "high scores" - so here are the rules:

You have to try and clear the screen as quickly as possible - so what we're "measuring" for is the LOWEST score IF you cleared the screen.

If you didn't clear the screen, your score doesn't count.

Obviously, we're working on an "honour" system here - since no one can check and all that... so be honest!!

What I'll do is as people post in their scores, I'll create a "leader board" in a post - then you can "quote" the leader board and insert your score either above or below, etc... When you post your score, post the TOTAL SCORE - with score PLUS bonus. (so it would be double what your score would have been without it)

Each person can only be on the "leader board" once - that prevents someone from having something like 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 7th places all at once ;)

When you post your score, post "Score, bonus, total" just to make sure you don't accidentally just post the pre-bonus score.

Once your name is on the leader board, you're really just trying to beat your own score/improve your "position" if you know what I mean - so don't post EVERY score you get - only if it's better than the one that is "recorded" in here, ok??

Happy bubble shooting!!!

MelodyB

Ok, I gotta clear the screen and post the score? No problem...are we timing the games?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

nicolejoy

Ok - my first score is:

score: 45830
bonus: 45830
total: 91660

And Mel - no we're not timing the game - I just said as "quickly" as possible because often, I would try and make the game go longer and longer so that I'd get higher scores. That's why I thought we'd do the "opposite" way of scoring - because the "high score" is limitless, it's just dependent on how long you want to keep the game going and going... I thought this way actually takes a bit more skill... the other way just takes more time!!

MelodyB

Ok..a few more questions....what if I clear the screen and post my score, and then I do it again and get a higher score and there isnt 10 people yet...do you delete my lower score and keep the higher one, or what?

And can I play my desktop version, or do I have to play the online version?

And can Tricia be banned from compeating?

nicolejoy

lol - maybe we can keep TWO scores each - would you prefer that? But if it gets really popular, I might cut it back to just one score each. But yes, our lowest score would be the one that counts if we beat our other score (since we're trying to get the lowest score instead of the highest - lower is better!!)

Does your desktop version work and score and everything EXACTLY the same as the online one? Or is it a bit different? If it's exactly the same, just play whichever is easiest...

And Tricia can compete, maybe she'll make it more fun ;) Give us something to aim towards ;)

MelodyB

Yes, the desktop is the same, except, I dont have to be online...and with my un predictible internet access, I have to use the desktop version.

Ok..I guess Tricia can play... *sigh*

MelodyB

Ok..took me two games to clear it this time..

Score:   181930
Bonus:  210000
Total:   391930

Tricia Lea

Quote from: Mel-Mel on June 05, 2007, 08:41:58 AM
Ok..I guess Tricia can play... *sigh*

You mean I get to play too lol

nicolejoy

I beat my score. My new best score is:

Score: 30350
Bonus: 30350
Total: 60700

Tricia Lea

well I can clear it  going to have to work on the low score thing though

Score 107020
Bonus:  107020
Total:  214040

Sister_Mom

Quote from: TriciaLea on June 05, 2007, 07:03:03 PM
well I can clear it  going to have to work on the low score thing though

Score 107020
Bonus:  107020
Total:  214040

:o You know how to get rid of the competition don't you? Wow!!  :o

I saw Mel-Mel's score and wondered why she was complaining about you playing. Now I know.  :thumbsup2:

I saw this thread and thought I might try it (when I get home of course) because I have cleared it with a score of 36,000, but after seeing the scores here I'd just be too embarrassed.  :biglaugh:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

Low scores count here though, so far, Nicole is winning...

But I have to ask...What level are you guys playing? Shouldnt we all play the same level?

Im playing Novice. It has 6 colors. 

Sister_Mom

I thought Tricia's said 21,400  :laughhard:

Now I feel a little better.  :thumbsup2:

I know I've cleared it with a really low score before. But I think it was one of those flukes where all the balls were where they should be when they were supposed to be there.  :grin:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

nicolejoy

We're all playing novice!! I think that's the only level that you can play online...

When we get a few more people in here, we can make a leader board, ok?

acjmom

not my best, but....

+129440
"Your problem is not the problem.  Your reaction to the problem is the problem"  -Pastor Brian Kinsey

nicolejoy

Ok - here's a leaderboard. When you beat your own score, or if you want to add a score to it - quote this message and update it, ok??

1. Nicolejoy - 60,700
2. TriciaLee - 214,040
3. acjmom - 258,880
4. Mel-Mel - 391,930

nicolejoy

I beat my score - I got:

Score: 22690
Bonus: 22690
Total: 45380

NEW LEADERBOARD:

1. Nicolejoy - 45,380
2. TriciaLee - 214,040
3. acjmom - 258,880
4. Mel-Mel - 391,930

Tricia Lea

Topped my score

Score: 102020
Bonus: 102020
Total: 204040

NEW LEADERBOARD:

1. Nicolejoy - 45,380
2. TriciaLea - 204,040
3. acjmom - 258,880
4. Mel-Mel - 391,930

is that how you want us to do it or just post the scores and you do it?

nicolejoy

That's great ;) Whatever - I don't wanna be a nazi about it ;)

Tricia Lea

Score: 54040
Bonus: 54040
Total: 108080

NEW LEADERBOARD:

1. Nicolejoy - 45,380
2. TriciaLea - 54,040
3. acjmom - 258,880
4. Mel-Mel - 391,930

beat my old score again

nicolejoy

Tricia - you forgot to put your "total" on the leaderboard - I'll fix it:

NEW LEADERBOARD:

1. Nicolejoy - 45,380
2. TriciaLea - 108,080
3. acjmom - 258,880
4. Mel-Mel - 391,930

Happy bubbleshooting!!!

MelodyB

So am I losing cause I have the highest score?

nicolejoy

well... ;)

You just have to play more Mel-Mel!! ;)

MelodyB

Tricia Lea

oops I see what I did  sorry