News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

This thread is for sappy Christmas Experiences!

Started by Scott, December 12, 2009, 01:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Ok make the weak of heart or overly romantic among us cry.....

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Scott

My dad died Nov 15, 1995.

At Christmas of that same year I opened a present that had been wrapped already. It was a present that my mom bought for my dad before he died. She asked me to receive his present on his behalf.  It was a book by his favorite baseball player.  She cried when I called her and told her thank you.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Newsman

As many of you know, my mother passed away in August. My father passed in '94. My sisters and I aren't very close. They brought some stuff and left it at the stations for me this week. Presents for me from 2010. My mother went into the nursing home in August 2010, and died almost exactly a year later.

The week she went into the nursing home, I drove down and visited her, before leaving for Pennsylvania. Before I got back to Oklahoma, she had already went into the nursing home, seriously injured herself, and wound up in ICU as I was returning. But before she went into the nursing home, she made sure one of my sisters went and picked up my Christmas presents from Mom.

I finally opened those 2010 presents last night, and two of the shirts from Mom fit me very well, with the weight I have lost in the last year.

I wear one of those shirts as I write this.

I'm struggling a bit with some stuff, this holiday season.

John

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on December 24, 2011, 07:52:03 AM
As many of you know, my mother passed away in August. My father passed in '94. My sisters and I aren't very close. They brought some stuff and left it at the stations for me this week. Presents for me from 2010. My mother went into the nursing home in August 2010, and died almost exactly a year later.

The week she went into the nursing home, I drove down and visited her, before leaving for Pennsylvania. Before I got back to Oklahoma, she had already went into the nursing home, seriously injured herself, and wound up in ICU as I was returning. But before she went into the nursing home, she made sure one of my sisters went and picked up my Christmas presents from Mom.

I finally opened those 2010 presents last night, and two of the shirts from Mom fit me very well, with the weight I have lost in the last year.

I wear one of those shirts as I write this.

I'm struggling a bit with some stuff, this holiday season.

John
I'll be praying for you,John. Holidays are usually difficult times for me, as well.... It was two years ago Thanksgiving Day my father passed away, and with Mama in the nursing home, we don't have family celebrations. Mama was kinda the glue that kept us all together.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison