News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Apostolic Truth Questions

Started by Brother Dad, May 15, 2008, 12:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Dad

Quote from: OGIA on July 31, 2008, 03:05:00 PM

The person who has the revelation of Jesus Christ as the ONLY GOD will NOT accept baptism in titles.  Period.  That help?

The problem is some people only think thye know he truth.  anyone or anybody that will refuse to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ is rejecting Him.  I know some will comprise and try to say everyone is saved but even in Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

We will not just believe but believing will bring forth action.

Jesus said: John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Notice Jesus said believe as the scriptures hath said not as we may choose.  Any thing else is false teaching.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

OGIA

Quote from: onli-one-jehovi on July 31, 2008, 03:24:35 PM
Not really. I know many christians who accept the godhood of Jesus but have not baptized according to Acts.

I didn't ask you if you agreed.  I asked you if that statement cleared up how I view the person you keep manufacturing.   ;)

By the way, define "godhood". 
And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one. Zechariah 14:9

Ignorance of the Identity of the One True God is not a valid reason to practice idolatry.

onli-one-jehovi

I didn't ask you if you agreed.  I asked you if that statement cleared up how I view the person you keep manufacturing.    

Not manufacturing anybody. Talking about real people, in the real world, who've come thru the cross and are being obedient to the commandment of Jesus: repent and be baptized - & God filled them with the Holy Ghost. They understand and accept that Jesus is God in the flesh and there are no other God(s). They were simply baptized according to Mt 28:19.

You've said such a person is saved because they are not "trinitarian".

You've also said such a person is lost because they have not been baptized according to Acts.

Are they in the Body of Christ needing to grow into clearer understanding?

Or, are they not in the Body of Christ, totally rejected by God no matter how much HG or understanding given?

That's my question: Which one is it?   ???

Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Young man, how is it that you do not?

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: Brother Dad on July 31, 2008, 04:16:58 PM
Quote from: OGIA on July 31, 2008, 03:05:00 PM

The person who has the revelation of Jesus Christ as the ONLY GOD will NOT accept baptism in titles.  Period.  That help?

The problem is some people only think thye know he truth.  anyone or anybody that will refuse to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ is rejecting Him.  I know some will comprise and try to say everyone is saved but even in Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

We will not just believe but believing will bring forth action.

Jesus said: John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Notice Jesus said believe as the scriptures hath said not as we may choose.  Any thing else is false teaching.

No one said anything about refusal. Nor "just believe" w/o action.

Talking about countless millions whom GOD has filled with the Holy Ghost and deemed acceptable to HIM. Talking about those who have not yet received/understood Jesus' name baptism.

Has nothing to do with refusing anything. Just as millions of Jesus' name baptized christians have not understood/received biblical grace or forgiveness. Those are in just as much false doctrine/error as any "trinitarian" regarding baptism.

And many Jesus' name baptized christians do refuse to forgive and extend grace. Many "trinitarians" do refuse baptism in Jesus' name.  Guilty parties everywhere.

That's why the Church - the entire Body of Christ - needs to come together in unity of the faith {Christ and HIM crucified} until we can come together in unity of spirit. But it will not happen as long as the left hand refuses to acknowledge the existence of the right.

onli-one-jehovi

"Godhood" was a typo. I meant godhead.

Fingers too slow for my thoughts.

titushome

Quote from: onli-one-jehovi on July 31, 2008, 06:02:31 PM
Talking about real people, in the real world, who've come thru the cross and are being obedient to the commandment of Jesus: repent and be baptized - & God filled them with the Holy Ghost. They understand and accept that Jesus is God in the flesh and there are no other God(s). They were simply baptized according to Mt 28:19....

Or, are they not in the Body of Christ, totally rejected by God no matter how much HG or understanding given?

I too know and have known many who have not been baptized "in Jesus' name" yet to whom God has given the gift of the Holy Spirit.  That the Spirit in them is genuine is evidenced by the presence in their lives, and growth over time, of the fruit of the Spirit.

I feel this is an extremely important question.  Should we consider such people to be our brothers and sisters in the Lord: part of His family, His body, His Church, His bride?

I believe the answer is yes.  Like Peter on the rooftop, how can I reject that which God has apparently cleansed and accepted?
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

OGIA

I didn't ask you if you agreed.  I asked you if that statement cleared up how I view the person you keep manufacturing.    

Not manufacturing anybody. Talking about real people, in the real world, who've come thru the cross and are being obedient to the commandment of Jesus: repent and be baptized - & God filled them with the Holy Ghost. They understand and accept that Jesus is God in the flesh and there are no other God(s). They were simply baptized according to Mt 28:19.

You've said such a person is saved because they are not "trinitarian".

You've also said such a person is lost because they have not been baptized according to Acts.

That's my question: Which one is it?   ???

Souls are not saved because they are "not trinitarian".  I don't know where you got that from?

And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one. Zechariah 14:9

Ignorance of the Identity of the One True God is not a valid reason to practice idolatry.

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: OGIA on July 31, 2008, 07:58:08 PM

Souls are not saved because they are "not trinitarian".  I don't know where you got that from?

If there is the recognition of ANOTHER PERSON who is God besides Jesus Christ, then I believe that is idolatry.  The trinity doctrine does not allow for the worship of Jesus Christ as the ONE AND ONLY GOD.

And, again, it is not the title that saves or damns; it is the belief and practice that does.

Listen up once more: a person who worships Jesus Christ as the one God of eternity is NOT a trinitarian by definition.  If he/she has believed and obeyed the Gospel and lives a life pleasing to God, he/she is not lost!

If the proclaimed trinitarian worships Jesus Christ as the One and only God of heaven, with NO multiplicity of persons (HE, Jesus Christ, being the Father incarnate), then that person is NOT a trinitarian.

Problem is, we disagree on the definition of "receivers of Christ".  As far as I'm concerned, someone who has not obeyed Acts 2:38 is no more "saved" than a Muslim.

You define the "church" differently than I and the word of God do, Jerry.  The Church of Jesus Christ not only has been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ but also baptizes in that manner.  A person is not in the Church (aka the body of Christ) until they are baptized this way.

And until his Name has been called over someone they are not a part of His Body.

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Brother Dad on July 31, 2008, 04:08:38 PM
Quote from: bsr on July 31, 2008, 12:51:07 PM
Quote from: Brother Dad on July 31, 2008, 05:03:35 AM
We know first of all the the Apostles all taught one message for everyone. 

I'll agree the Apostles taught the same message to everyone.  That message according to what I've seen in scripture consisted of these things...

The death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ
repentance
remission of sins

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
KJV

The passage you reference was written to a church so can't be used for showing what the apostles preached to potential converts.

Receiving the Spirit is something that is promised to all who obey the gospel by repentance and water baptism.  The apostles did sometimes make mention of that promise when preaching to potential converts.  Peter made mention of it in his message in Acts 2 and his message in Acts 3.

Bobbiesue

Quote from: titushome on July 15, 2008, 01:45:46 PM
Quote from: Bobbiesue on July 14, 2008, 09:28:09 PM
I think many beliefs use fear to hold people. I have a mother who is in a nursing home and I have been told many a times by her that I am going to hell because I no longer believe as she does. I went to visit her one day and had an elder from where she attended  walk out as I walked in and look at me and just said I am so sorry you are choosing to go to hell. They think because I no longer believe as they do and have embraced this truth I am hell bound and are constantly letting me know it. But I am assured in what I believe now and it doesnt bother me. I think if we become more assured in our beliefs through bible study and prayer it will help us to stand
The fear tatic my mom used used to bother me until I became grounded in what I believe. Once I became grounded  it has helped me greatly to stand firm

That's really sad.  I'm glad you're still making the effort to spend time with your mother, in spite of her attitude toward you.

I love my mom and Know she means well but shes been that way with all things in her life. I believe and pray God can open things up to her
Romans 1:16 (KJV) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Bobbiesue

Quote from: bsr on August 01, 2008, 01:37:01 AM

I'll agree the Apostles taught the same message to everyone.  That message according to what I've seen in scripture consisted of these things...

repentance
remission of sins

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
KJV

The passage you reference was written to a church so can't be used for showing what the apostles preached to potential converts.

Receiving the Spirit is something that is promised to all who obey the gospel by repentance and water baptism.  The apostles did sometimes make mention of that promise when preaching to potential converts.  Peter made mention of it in his message in Acts 2 and his message in Acts 3.

True it was writen to the churches. But one thing it brings out to me is this and this is somthing that was really dealing with me was this

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Is not the body the Church?    So would it not be that we were baptized into the church by the spirit as it says

Romans 8:9 (KJV) But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.       

even though this is to the church, it was reminding them that if they didn't have the spirit they wern't his, So to be in the church we have to have his Spirit

I also want  to show a scripture that still sort has bothered me that goes along that lines that God really opened up my eyes to recently

Many will use this verse to say that water Baptism is the last step in salvation

Acts 2:41 (KJV) Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

This may sound a bit off to some  but look at this

and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls

I always took this to be at the point of baptism  but with the way its worded they were baptized and the same day were added Got me to seeing that being baptized and being added were two seperate events. not one as I had always believed

I know some may not agree with this but just thought I would point out somthing I seen
Romans 1:16 (KJV) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Brother Dad

Many peopl will receive the Holy Ghost and never be saved because they do not follow the Spirit.  I realize there will alwaysbe those who comprise and lie to folks.  There is one plan of salvation people can obey and be baptized in Jesus Name or they will be lost.  Just as welll as if they did not obey and repent.  I will continue to point out any other teaching is not of God.  I will not even bid the false teachers Godspeed.  Just because some will not except truth does not change it.  And I mean anyone, I am no refering to just one person .  Anyone teaching anything else is teaching false doctrine .  I knew from the beginning just as Timothy says some wil not hear sound doctrine,  but man pleaseing doctrines from hell are always ready to be excepted.   To tell anyone they ar saved withogettin baptized in Jesus name is to lie to them and maybe cause them never to do what is right and be lost forever.  Contend for the Faith.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: titushome on July 31, 2008, 07:50:00 PM
Talking about real people, in the real world, who've come thru the cross and are being obedient to the commandment of Jesus: repent and be baptized - & God filled them with the Holy Ghost. They understand and accept that Jesus is God in the flesh and there are no other God(s). They were simply baptized according to Mt 28:19....

I too know and have known many who have not been baptized "in Jesus' name" yet to whom God has given the gift of the Holy Spirit.  That the Spirit in them is genuine is evidenced by the presence in their lives, and growth over time, of the fruit of the Spirit.

I feel this is an extremely important question.  Should we consider such people to be our brothers and sisters in the Lord: part of His family, His body, His Church, His bride?

I believe the answer is yes.  Like Peter on the rooftop, how can I reject that which God has apparently cleansed and accepted?

That's right. God will not fill - and cannot fill - an unbelieving, non-repentant, sin-filled person with the Holy Ghost. He even said the HG was the spirit of truth which the world {lost} cannot receive. Only seekers of truth find it. Only those drawn to the Father, find HIM. The HG is HIS gift to HIS children.  And we see that all over the place. The HG doing miraculous things in the lives of so many people.

We {apostolics} are just part of the Body, not the entire thing. Are there doctrinal errors in other denoms?  YES.  Are there doctrinal errors in Apostolics?  YES.  Have we all come thru the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ?   YES.   Are we all striving forward in relationship with HIM?   YES.

Has anyone here reached total perfection?  NO.   Does anyone here have nothing left to be clarified and understood?  NO.  Is anyone here willing to add requirements to the price paid on the cross, willing to say: Jesus paid it all, but...?   I HOPE NOT.

Therefore, what God has cleansed had best not be called unclean. Let the Lord take care of 1700 years of miscellaneous errors. All Christians have them. Have faith in our Father to bring us all together. We have more than enough enemies. No need to hunt up new ones.

I guarantee that the day is coming when Apostolics won't care what denomination a person may be. All that will matter is: Jesus is our Lord & Savior. The tares and apostates will be taken care of without our help. The Body will be battlling the Beast/Harlot and paying the ultimate price.

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: bsr on August 01, 2008, 01:37:01 AM

repentance
remission of sins

KJV

Spirit means "breath of God". Man is composed of body, soul, and spirit. It is the spirit that is eternal and separated from God. It is the spirit that is dead in sin. Thus, it is the spirit that is redeemed or born again; grafted into Christ. We are born with a sinful spirit. Jesus was born with a sin-less spirit. When the blood is applied - spiritually - to our spirit, it is raised up in Christ and we take within ourselves His sin-less spirit. We are joined with Him, His spirit becoming our spirit.

So, to have the Spirit of Christ is to have a redeemed, sinless nature. It is to be cleansed by the blood of the Lamb; a believer in the crucified Messiah. A Christian - like Christ. We are of the world and none of His w/o the blood applied; still in darkness & sin. It is only to those with His spirit that the Holy Ghost can come and fill.

The passage here has a deeper meaning than just "receiving the gift of the HG" in order to be saved.

OGIA

Quote from: onli-one-jehovi on July 31, 2008, 10:07:19 PM

If there is the recognition of ANOTHER PERSON who is God besides Jesus Christ, then I believe that is idolatry.  The trinity doctrine does not allow for the worship of Jesus Christ as the ONE AND ONLY GOD.

And, again, it is not the title that saves or damns; it is the belief and practice that does.

Listen up once more: a person who worships Jesus Christ as the one God of eternity is NOT a trinitarian by definition.  If he/she has believed and obeyed the Gospel and lives a life pleasing to God, he/she is not lost!

If the proclaimed trinitarian worships Jesus Christ as the One and only God of heaven, with NO multiplicity of persons (HE, Jesus Christ, being the Father incarnate), then that person is NOT a trinitarian.

Problem is, we disagree on the definition of "receivers of Christ".  As far as I'm concerned, someone who has not obeyed Acts 2:38 is no more "saved" than a Muslim.

You define the "church" differently than I and the word of God do, Jerry.  The Church of Jesus Christ not only has been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ but also baptizes in that manner.  A person is not in the Church (aka the body of Christ) until they are baptized this way.

And until his Name has been called over someone they are not a part of His Body.

I'm still trying to find where I said that the title "trinitarian" damns someone to hell?

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: OGIA on August 01, 2008, 12:39:32 PM

I'm still trying to find where I said that the title "trinitarian" damns someone to hell?

Revelation 22:8... idolaters and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

onli-one-jehovi

I know some of this is disturbing to our comfort zones. But we need to all learn discernment via the Spirit and not the flesh. We all tend to look thru the eyes of our denomination's understandings, often w/o knowing what the Word actually says. I have been and sometimes am guilty of that.

Acts 2:38 is the perfect {mature} will of God. No denying it. Yet the Church has been buried in the earth for the last 1700 years. A lot of things were lost, forgotten, and mistorted. Why do we think there are over 3000+ denominations that proclaim Jesus Christ? Each has found a part that is awaiting the whole.

Romans 12:2 says: Be not conformed to this world { don't evaluate everything thru the flesh} but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, {soul, emotions, intellect; put on mind of Christ} that ye may prove {discern} what is that good, acceptable, and perfect will of God.

Mt 13:33 & Lk 13:21 reference another Jesus' story defining the Kingdom of Heaven. He says it is like leaven a woman took and hid in three measures of meal until the whole was leavened. Notice 3 measures. Just like the blueprint of the Tabernacle; outer court, inner court, and holy of holies. 3 rooms = 3 measures. This is the progression of faith to faith and glory to glory. This is the fruit of harvest - 30, 60, 100.

Look at Romans again. How many measures of the will of God do we see?  Three.

Therefore, the Body of Christ - awakening upon this 3rd day - cannot help but manifest a portion of the kingdom. Some 30, some 60, and some 100 fold. Much of what we term "trinitarian" are simply parts of the Body which found 2 measures of the leaven hidden in the meal.

Every revelation we gain from God comes from digging out the pure, hidden leaven of manna. There cannot be any man-made stuff in there. That's why the children need each other to assemble the discovered leaven. It is only in the 3rd measure that perfection/maturity is attained. If I continue to hoard my measure and bury it within the earth of my denomination, well the Master finds no profit in that.

I believe the best method of sharing the leaven is to recognize who/what is of God, and let the HG reveal which measure we both need. I can't join back to the band wagon and ignore them.

What God has cleaned I will not call unclean.

OGIA

Quote from: onli-one-jehovi on August 01, 2008, 02:02:43 PM
Quote from: OGIA on August 01, 2008, 12:39:32 PM

Revelation 22:8... idolaters and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Last chance...............

where did I say a title damns anyone?  You keep asking me to answer a question based on what you think I believe.  I think they call that a strawman argument.  I've have NEVER said that a title damns anyone.  It is the belief and the practice that belief produces that causes people to be lost.  If a person who worships Jesus Christ as God and God alone, then they are NOT trinitarian.  But, "not being a trinitiarian" will not save them.  Worshipping the Lord will.

Any other response from you that deviates from that in the form of an accusation will not get a response from me.  Not being mean, just tired of you not addressing my beliefs as I've stated them.  However, I will be happy to clear up any confusion you have.  :grin:

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: OGIA on August 01, 2008, 03:12:35 PM

Last chance...............

where did I say a title damns anyone?  You keep asking me to answer a question based on what you think I believe.  I think they call that a strawman argument.  I've have NEVER said that a title damns anyone.  It is the belief and the practice that belief produces that causes people to be lost.  If a person who worships Jesus Christ as God and God alone, then they are NOT trinitarian.  But, "not being a trinitiarian" will not save them.  Worshipping the Lord will.

Any other response from you that deviates from that in the form of an accusation will not get a response from me.  Not being mean, just tired of you not addressing my beliefs as I've stated them.  However, I will be happy to clear up any confusion you have.  :grin:

Not trying to accuse you of anything. All I've been trying to do is get clarification on what you truly do believe.

How to make this clearer....

From my understanding of previous posts, you have said non-Acts 2:38 adherents were lost. Then you said they were not lost.

My definition of non-Acts 2:38 adherents are those who have or have not received the Holy Ghost, but are all baptized according to Mt 28:19. Most people who adhere to Mt 28:19 are called "Trinitarians" by "us".  Of course, I do stand to be corrected on this observation.

So my question remains:   

OGIA

Quote from: onli-one-jehovi on August 01, 2008, 10:03:30 PM
Not trying to accuse you of anything. All I've been trying to do is get clarification on what you truly do believe.

I'm not sure how you've missed it?   ???

QuoteFrom my understanding of previous posts, you have said non-Acts 2:38 adherents were lost. Then you said they were not lost.

I've never said those who have not obeyed Acts 2:38 are not lost.

QuoteMy definition of non-Acts 2:38 adherents are those who have or have not received the Holy Ghost, but are all baptized according to Mt 28:19.

Well, that's not mine.  They must be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ to have obeyed Acts 2:38.

QuoteMost people who adhere to Mt 28:19 are called "Trinitarians" by "us".  Of course, I do stand to be corrected on this observation.

But, that's not how I define a trinitarian.

QuoteSo my question remains:   

Your question "remains" because you can't seem to grasp or accept what I believe.  I don't care what title you put on someone.  If they have not come to accept Jesus Christ as the only God, the only Diety, with no multiplicity of persons in the godhead, and that Jesus Christ is the One God (One PERSON of God) manifest in flesh...AND....if they have not obeyed Acts 2:38, then they are not born again and, thus, not saved.

Not sure what else to say, Jerry.  If you can't comprehend that, then we'll just have to move on.  I will not put anyone in the Body that has not been put there by scripture, and the definition you use of "believer" is not mine or the word of God's, IMO.

apsurf

Hmm...When I read the famous verse that all apostolics like to use to when pinned down to answer the question of how to be born again, acts 2:38, i see nothing about a requirement that one must believe in the oneness. 

onli-one-jehovi

Ok John. Calm down.

I got your belief.

Acts 2:38 & Dt 6:4 or Hell.

Got it!  Writing it down for the future, so I do not wonder again.

Thanks.

onli-one-jehovi

Can anyone else out there answer this question:

IF it truly is Acts 2:38 & Dt 6:4 or Hell -

How then do others receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and manifest the fruit of the Spirit?

???  ???  ???  ???

OGIA

Quote from: [{(nwlife)}] on August 02, 2008, 01:07:43 PM
Hmm...When I read the famous verse that all apostolics like to use to when pinned down to answer the question of how to be born again, acts 2:38, i see nothing about a requirement that one must believe in the oneness. 

nwlife: what do you think prompted the question "...what must we do"?

OGIA

Quote from: onli-one-jehovi on August 02, 2008, 01:56:53 PM
Ok John. Calm down.

I got your belief.

Acts 2:38 & Dt 6:4 or Hell.

Got it!  Writing it down for the future, so I do not wonder again.

Thanks.

Actually, you've got the verses in the wrong order.  :-?

However, if that's what you got from my postings, then you're only seeing what you choose to see.  :smirk2: